Author Topic: Tables at Conventions/Cat Shows etc  (Read 5438 times)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Re: Tables at Conventions/Cat Shows etc
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 15:58:33 PM »
We've just read the contract from the venue and I won't be allowed to sell/ask for donations on food!

So we are going to probably do a raffle that is comic book themed or maybe I can get some of the artists to do cat sketches on the day ;)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 13:26:21 PM »
That'd be great!

I'll be sure to pm you when it gets closer. I'm really looking forward to it this year.

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 12:00:05 PM »
If you do decide to go ahead I could make some Cat themed greeting cards for you to sell.  If you're interested let me know.  I normally sell cards at craft fayres, school fetes etc. but I would do some FOC for you as it's a good cause.

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 18:33:55 PM »
At very least it will be a fun day and I'll have my own chair (I suffered last year, my poor feet). I hope to make some money for charity but if I don't make much then oh well.

I did a table at another convention just for small press comics and made money. Mind you I had a very loud irish guy helping me so I'm not sure if they wanted the comics or if they were just paying to hush him up.

Will see how it goes.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 17:39:17 PM »
don't be too disappointed if you don't do too well ! We went to one and made £8 which would not have covered the petrol costs of 4 people (if we took petrol costs!).

Mind you, home baking does always go down well. I think we didn't plan enough as to what we were going to take with us.

It was our first cat show and I suppose we were expecting a captive and willing audience but it was all some of the people could do to care for the cats they were showing. :'(

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 08:51:48 AM »
That's the thing, I know exactly who will be at the event ;) we know most of other exibitors and creators who will be at the convention.

Last year they had 400 + people through the door which was pretty amazing for the first convention.

Once the sort out the venue for this year I'll book a table and see how it goes.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »
we don't do the cat shows but do plenty of community events throughout the year.

Think of who is going to be at the event, ages,e tc and think of what you have that will appeal to those age groups and interest.

Good luck with the stall.  Sounds like you have some great ideas... and home baking always sells well! ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Tables at Conventions/Cat Shows etc
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has done a charity table at a convention or cat show?

We’ve got the Thought Bubble Festival 2008 coming up in November here in Leeds and last year they did very well and had a variety of tables and a couple charity auctions.

I asked if cat charities could be included and they seemed keen on the idea. I thought maybe I could do a table, I helped run one of them last year by accident (it’s what happens when you stand on the wrong side of the table) and wanted any ideas etc.

We handed out my home made cookies and cup cakes last year which went over like mad, so I thought I could sell them (I’d had offers from work colleagues to buy bags of them). As well as some of the scifi/fantasy books we’ve got.

At one point I had thought of talking to a lot of the creators as I can count about 7 that have cats and they affect their work sometimes (inked paw prints over comic pages). But I wasn’t sure where that would go.

Thought it might be a good idea but I’ve never done this kind of thing so wanted tips etc.

I also don’t have a specific charity in mind, okay I’ve got about 5 which doesn’t help.

Link to CatChat