Author Topic: Annual seal cull  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: Annual seal cull
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 11:05:11 AM »
They are nothing but murdering evil  :censored:.

These seals deserve respect. They DO NOT deserve to die.

The ones doing it - call it a job - they are open murders, I and many others would love to do the same to them. I find this heartbreaking and totally uncalled for.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
I really do believe in an eye for an eye and was looking up the various versions of it last night. I have 100% contempt for them.

Looking at other forums, they don't seem to have much sympathy from anyone - as one person summed it up -

"If they weren't out there killing... they wouldn't have been killed themselves. Karma indeed..."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:17:48 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
Guess it depends on whether you believe in "An eye for an eye"

My thoughts are for the families of those men.

I know exactly what they do, I keep updated with it all.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »
Sorry but I cannot have one bit of sympathy for these barbarians. When I read things like the comment below.

"Just metres away from us, conscious seal pups were sliced open. They were dragged across the ice with boathooks. Injured seals were left to die in stockpiles of carcasses."

You could say the same thing about any other murderers who are locked up or executed for their crimes.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:41:37 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 21:51:49 PM »
There must be something really wrong with me,for as long as I can remember I have signed petitions, written letters and every year broke down crying over this barbaric act, but try as I might I cannot be pleased that these men have been killed,surely some innocent children are missing their dads now.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:04 AM »
Karma  :)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 23:38:45 PM »
I saw that as well and thought what goes around............

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 23:24:26 PM »
Just heard on news a boat has over turned in the Canada killing fields killing 4 men, aww bless.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 19:13:43 PM »
Pete you beat me to it .... I was having computer problems and had to log back in.  I have added the link to the website for you at the end of your post.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 19:11:50 PM »
Thanks Teresa. You can never can be to careful. There are a lot of cranks around but enough about the moderators ;) ;) ;)
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 18:31:25 PM »
Pete you may want to change that link as your personal details are on it

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 17:44:29 PM »
The article below was received by me today from the Humane Society who campaign relentlessly for an end to the largest genocide of animals in the world today. If this doesn't make you ashamed to be called  a human being, nothing will. The Canadian government government are letting a small amount of dysfunctional inbreds dictate to the world. This has nothing to do with culture, nothing to do with necessity but everything to do with barbarism, genocide for fun and outright greed, whatever the suffering or cost.

These  :censored: Newfoundlanders and their parliamentary mouthpieces should be confined to history. I wouldn't mind picking them off with live ammo from a helicopter. They are a cancer on the humanity of mankind. They make our Countryside Alliance look like a buch of naughty schoolboys.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The HS report

Just before dawn this morning, the annual hunt for baby seals began in Canada. Over the next few weeks, 275,000 harp seals  will be brutally clubbed or shot for their fur. Many people believe that Canada ended this hunt in the 1980s, but it's still happening -- right now.

That's why the sealers don't want us here with our cameras rolling.

For four years, Humane Society International's ProtectSeals team has stood its ground as Canada's extraordinary harp seal
nurseries are transformed each spring into bloody killing fields. The sealers have rammed our cars, smashed our boats, and
brandished the very same clubs that they use to kill baby seals -- all in a vain attempt to intimidate us.

Then yesterday, Canada's government took an unprecedented step >:( >:(: It refused to issue hunt observation permits to our team -- and to journalists -- in time for us to document the slaughter this morning. This means that sealers, if they have reached the seals
by now, are killing baby seals without witnesses. Which is exactly what they want.

Watch our video to see what we're up against. It's hard to watch (and you can skip it if you prefer). But it shows why we'll
remain here, steadfast, until Canada ends this barbaric hunt for good. Exposing the hunt is the surest way I know to stop it
forever.

Your support is essential. We are closer than ever to putting a permanent end to this atrocity. Markets for seal products are
closing -- in recent years, ten countries have either ended their trade in seal products or announced their intentions to do
so.
    • The European Union is considering a ban
    • Prices paid to Canadian seal hunters for seal skins are falling
    • ]And more than 3,500 businesses and half a million people have pledged to avoid Canadian seafood for as long as the commercial seal hunt
      continues, providing a strong economic incentive for the Canadian government to stop it.

As another year's slaughter begins, watch our video now -- and then please make a donation to sustain our team on the ice and
      end this hunt once and for all.

The sealers don't want us here, but with your support, we'll continue the fight until the cruel hunt ends.

http://www.hsus.org/index-seals.html   [LINK TO THE WEBSITE]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 19:12:11 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 22:11:22 PM »
Speechless  >:(

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Annual seal cull
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:18:13 AM »
Just read this in The Scotsman,and felt incensed about some of the comments >:(

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Another-spring-another-year-of.3912761.jp