Author Topic: I'm new here!  (Read 6749 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: I'm new here!
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 15:31:20 PM »
She looks very much like my Buffy. I tell my two tabbies they are descendants of scottish wild cats. If you look at images on google they do look very similar. Here's a pictures http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2136705

Offline Catty Parent

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie & Lily (and occasionally Chester & Jasmine!)
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 13:02:32 PM »
i love to paint to never the cats but my dogs are covered in blue paint :rofl:
its horrid exsisting with out a cat i was 6months without it drove me mad even thouh i had my dogs and son but not the same.
i cant ever emagin waking in the morn with out fur up my nose and not able to move as there cats either side of my legs. i feel sorry for u.
i talk to strays i cant feed them though they keep following me home :'(

Danielle, what breed is your none ginger cat in your photo? S/he is so like mine but I have no idea what breed mine is but suspect she has some Bengal in her :)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43:25 AM »
Hiya
You really are a special couple. Keep up the fantastic work!
 :hug:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 00:48:09 AM »
Still can't see the Pictures  :( currently offshore  :tired:

Sorry about your losses  :'( well done to you for giving them a forever home  :)

Glad your back  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 00:51:48 AM by Stuart »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gorgeous George and Suzi Pusscat
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 19:41:26 PM »
 :thanks:     It's lovely to be here....on a site where rescuing is so important.  I've been on sites in the past where it's been predominantly showing & breeding pedigrees and I've often felt 'out of place' because of the lack of rescue cats  :-[ 

Neil and I get IMMENSE satisfaction out of our foster work with PARRT and even though we know we won't have our oldies for long compared to buying a kitten, and we both cry buckets when our darlings leave us, we never once think ''No more!!!''  :innocent:    Molly was only with us 3 weeks as she had hyperthyroidism, kidney problems and an enlarged heart and had to leave us suddenly when a blood clot went from her heart to her hindquarters and paralysed her.  Domino was a 17yo dumped & starved case who was VERY special to me  :Luv2:   She was with us exactly 100 days before slipping away in her sleep  :'(    On the other hand we had Misty for 14 months and after she went we lasted three weeks before bringing home George  :evillaugh:   
  The way we look at it is.....the oldies and ones with health or behaviour issues are always overlooked so they are the ones we ALWAYS go for and no matter how long they stay with us - weeks or months - they are spoilt rotten and pampered to within an inch of their velvet paws  :Luv2:    When it's time for them to go to Rainbow Bridge we take huge satisfaction in knowing they they knew love, comfort and a full belly in their final weeks  :hug:   
  I work in a post office/newsagent so it's a place that EVERYONE uses and I'm forever pushing forward the joys of oldies to my customers  ;)   The only 'downside' is that I'm getting a reputation in this small town of being the local 'cat woman'  :shocked:   I'm forever being asked if I'll take a cat or kittens and it's VERY hard to bite my tongue and not tell folks to stand up to their responsibilities and neuter, neuter NEUTER!!!!!!  :doh:  >:(  :censored:     It hasn't happened yet *touch wood* but a customer jokingly asked a few weeks ago if I'd had any cats left in our shop doorway for me!  :-:     I certainly hope it never happens as PARRT are always, sadly, full (as are a lot of rescue places these days) and to be honest, I'd hate to have to land more cats onto Linda. 
Gilly!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 14:52:49 PM »
 :welcome: back  ;D

Great pictures and we are always willing to listen to people rattling on about their cats  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 22:28:04 PM »
 :welcome: back, sorry to hear about your losses over the years  :hug: Such an amazing thing to do giving a home to the oldies, as you know they are often so overlooked in rescue and the heartache of losing them often comes sooner  :hug: :hug: :hug:

George and Suzi are absolutely gorgeous, another wonderful thing you have done in adopting them  :)

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 18:01:22 PM »
My darling boy George  :Luv2:

And Suzi....couple of days after coming home....our gorgeous Black Mamba!  :Luv2:   
Gilly!

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 17:56:05 PM »
:shy: :shy: :shy:   Can I come back in?  :-[ :-[ :-[   

The past couple of years have been SO amazing as we have been longterm-fostering the old cats for a local charity - the People's Animal Rescue & Rehoming Team (PARRT).  It all started with me seeing an article in our local paper for PARRT being full to bursting with cats (and dogs!) so I tried and tried ringing Linda who runs it.  Her phone was always engaged or, if I left a message, I had no reply so one day I turned to Neil and told him that we were going to the Newcastle Cat & Dog Shelter to rescue the oldest resident there!   :Luv2:     That's how we came home with Laverne (renamed Rosie) who was a beautiful friendly tabby with the tips of her ears missing.  She'd been picked up as a stray in Whitley Bay in May 2010 and had been at the shelter for three months.  She settled in with us as though she owned the place  :naughty:    As part of the adoption agreement we had to take her to a local vet a week later and that's when all the fun & games started!!!!  :censored:     The vet estimated her to be around 19 YEARS old and blood tests showed her to have hyperthyroidism and kidney problems  :-:     We were already in love with our beautiful girl so told the vet to do what she could......and for the next fortnight we were back and forth along the A1 two/three times a week!   Sadly, in the fourth week of knowing darling Rosie, her kidneys began to fail so the vet kept her in overnight and put her on a drip.  As fasat as they were getting fluid into her she was peeing it out and I could see then that she had no quality of life so we asked the vet to stop and let her go to Rainbow Bridge as we cuddled her  :'(    We were both sobbing our hearts out in the car but didn't regret a single moment of our brief time with Rosie.  In total the vet bills came to over £750  :shocked:   but it didn't put us off taking on another oldie  :Luv2:     
  We tried ringing Linda at PARRT and told her about Rosie and she said we should try long-term fostering as any vet bills are covered by the charity.   That's how, 24hrs later, we adopted Molly and after she passed on a succession of oldies who have left a huge mark on our hearts......Suzi....Domino...Thomas...Misty...Lily...Nina.....and our current two George and Suzi (yes, another Suzi....Neil likes the name!)  :Luv2:      They are relatively young (2yo and approx 4yo) but both are FeLV positive.   When we heard about George and his virus we instantly said we'd have him!  He came home to us eight weeks ago on 9th September and Suzi joined us almost two weeks ago on Tuesday 23rd October.   I'll tell you more about them both in another post as I DO have a tendancy to rabbit on for pages and pages about my cats given half the chance  :evillaugh:   I'll see if I can post a couple of pics.....
Gilly!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 21:37:18 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs, cat-mad: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 18:32:25 PM »
I am sure the right pair will come along, just be patient  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 18:27:59 PM »
Awww bum - uncross those fingers guys   :sigh:

Had a phone call at around 8.30pm last night from the Housing Officer and we had a lovely chat and she gave me the fosterer's phone number to have a more detailed chat about the two boys. I said I would ring the fosterer tomorrow night when I got home at 5.30pm as 9pm was getting a bit late to make phonecalls. Well, ten minutes later I had another call from Housing Officer and she said she had spoken to the fosterer and she felt that a one-bedroomed flat would be a touch small for them to live in 24/7 so, unfortunately but I can fully understand her concerns as the cats must ALWAYS come first, we can't have the two boys  :(  I am disappointed as they seemed like two darling boys who deserved a Forever Home where they could just be allowed to be themselves and not have humans forced on them but, as I say, the fosterer knows them best and she HAS had them since they were 5 weeks old and reared them and tamed them since then so only wants THE best possible home for them   :Luv2:

Oh well, just have to keep looking..... :shy:
Gilly!

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 19:00:12 PM »
just as well I am patient :sneaky:

over 2 years  :shocked:  and I'm still waiting to see your drawings n Painting :evillaugh:

good to have you back onboard  ;)

You'll see them....once I suss out how to get them from my new camera on to the pc!  :shocked:    My old digital camera gave up the ghost a few months ago so Neil bought me a new one a few weeks ago......but I cannot work out HOW to get pics from the card onto the pc   :pcprob:   I think there's a cd that came with the new camera, an Olympus x-43 -explains things so I'll have to get Neil to run me through it when he's next off  :-[   

Great news *touch wood* regarding the two boys I sent an email about last night....my message has been passed on to the Homing Officer and we should be hearing from her in a couple of days  :hug:   So it's fingers crossed all around  :crossed:
Gilly!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 23:11:13 PM »
just as well I am patient :sneaky:

over 2 years  :shocked:  and I'm still waiting to see your drawings n Painting :evillaugh:

good to have you back onboard  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 21:01:09 PM »
You can talk as long as you want  ;D

Great news you getting a couple of cats, lots of luck finding the right ones  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 20:59:08 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: back! glad to hear that things are much better for you now  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 20:48:38 PM »
Thanks (very belated thanks!!!  :shy:) for the wonderful welcome from you all.   

The past couple of years has seen SO many changes with Neil and myself - last year I had a bit of a breakdown due to work stresses and a couple of bereavments but I'm ok now....well, on the mend anyway  :shy:   The Happy Tablets help and so does finally learning how to delegate jobs and not trying to be SuperWoman at work  :tired:   Nowadays I just take the attitude that a job gets done WHEN it gets done!!! I still do my best but as there is only me full-time then I just accept that sometimes a job may take a day or two to get done inbetween customers LOL
  Neil and I also decided after much thought NOT to move to Cumbria as we love the Northumberland beaches and countryside too much and it is a LOT better dog-walking country over here than in Cumbria (too many sheep around every corner LOL) and we would both love a dog in a year or two's time.  And, one of the main things on Neil's part, it rains too much over there!!!  ;)   We never realised just HOW much until we spent a fortnight there and had 12 monsoon days out of 14  :censored:   The east coast is a desert in comparison!!!  :)   
   Thankfully, in the past two three months, we have also acquired a new landlord - a Housing Association - and they DO allow pets: we rang them up a few weeks ago and asked for permission (even though it was written down in the rental agreement) to get a couple of cats and they said that would be perfectly ok    :wooooo:   So we are now on the look-out for a cat or two and just this very evening I saw two boys needing a home so have sent off an email and will be keeping everything crossed  :Luv:     It's been FAR too long without cats in our lives and every time we see cats on tv or in magazines/books we just ache with longing  :Luv2:     

So....hope you willl all forgive me for taking so long to find my way back......promise it won't be so long next time  :shy:     Off to explore the site properly now......
Gilly!

Offline daniellesdogs

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 18:44:08 PM »
i love to paint to never the cats but my dogs are covered in blue paint :rofl:
its horrid exsisting with out a cat i was 6months without it drove me mad even thouh i had my dogs and son but not the same.
i cant ever emagin waking in the morn with out fur up my nose and not able to move as there cats either side of my legs. i feel sorry for u.
i talk to strays i cant feed them though they keep following me home :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]
danielle

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 10:03:16 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Cat~Mad!

Enjoy..... ;)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »
Hiya and   :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
Hi and  :welcome:
Do hope you can find somewhere soon in Cumbria so that you can have some furbabies ;D
Want to see your pictures, too!

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 22:20:38 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs  :hi: I love the smilies too   :naughty:

Look forward to chatting to you and seeing some of your artwork  ;)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 21:39:29 PM »
Hiya Gill and Neil and  :welcome: to purrs
would love to see some of your paintings and drawings, you can post those in the Gallery  ;)
I would tell you how to do it, but Im away offshore for 3 weeks tomorrow :(

sure some of these wonderfull ppl will tell u how if you get stuck :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 21:40:36 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 21:14:51 PM »
Hi Gill & Neil and  :welcome: to Purrs,

You have come to the right place to talk "cats".  Look forward to seeing some of your art work and to chatting more.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr & Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 20:23:28 PM »
Hello, welcome!
I talk to all available animals too!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 20:16:19 PM »
oh, and apart from welcome to the site, you should check out our gallery (on the row of buttons above) which shows some of the cat-drawing skills of others on this site. You are welcome to post some of your work there too!  ;D I am afraid I stop and talk to animals regardless of the fact I have a ahousefull, they are so much better conversationalists than most humans one meets  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 20:09:43 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I am sure you will find us really addictive  ;D

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 20:02:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Gill and found this site whilst browsing on the net....anything rather than do the ironing!!!  :evillaugh:   

I live in Northumberland with my husband Neil *who is equally in love with cats* and we are planning to move across to Cumbria sometime this year.  We spend nearly all our holidays in the Lake District and we have loads of friends living there so we finally thought ''why not just up sticks and move!''  ;D   

We have shared our lives, and our bed, with a few cats over the years but, unfortunately, don't have any at this present time  :(     We are not really allowed pets in this poky little flat we live in and even if we DID sneak a cat in our horrible neighbour would probably grass us up to the landlord!  >:(   

So in the meantime I get my 'cat fix' by chatting to other cat lovers, stroking every cat we meet in the street and drawing and painting them. 

Neil has said we are not renting anywhere in Cumbria UNLESS we can have a cat as he's missing having one too!   

Anyway, I'm off to look around this site even more and, hopefully, getting to know you all  :hi:  *hahaha these smileys are brilliant!!!*  ;D
Gilly!

Link to CatChat