Author Topic: Hi, ex catchat member  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
Re: Hi, ex catchat member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 12:24:20 PM »
Small world Ali - my husband's Dad lives at Hedge End as does one of his sisters!  ;D

OH was born and brought up in Southampton which is where we met when I was at art college there.  ;D

Offline Ali

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 22:42:28 PM »
Hi! Whereabouts you from? The  stray cat population out here is kept pretty much under control thanks to a charity based in England that come out twice a year with a team of volunteer vets and trappers that carry out neutering programmes. I do a bit for them in my spare time too, tomorrow eve I will be trapping at a nearby hotel as there are a few there that have'nt yet had the "snip". Check out their website www.twinkletrustanimalaid.org. I love living here, its certainly done my health the world of good, I used to suffer with asthma but that has disappeared and I have'nt had a cold in the 18 months that i've been here! Hope your wish comes true! Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 22:45:38 PM »
Hiya Ali Great to have ya on Purrs  :welcome:

You're doing what i am dying to do and go into rescue abroad. One day my wish will come true. Are ya glad ya moved over there?
Ya lived very close to me to, only about half hour away.  ;D

What's the Stray situtaion there? We go over to see my hubbies dad near Alicante quite often.

Offline Ali

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 14:17:03 PM »
I'm from Southampton [Hedge End, just up the road from you!] Now I have the know-how to post pics I will post some in the next day or two under the relevant section. Keep us posted on your move to France, it would be great if you could set something up there to help the cats in the local area ;D

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 13:48:09 PM »
Hi Ali and  :welcome: to Purrs!

I remember your story from Cat Chat and am glad you have found your way here!

A few years ago we visited Fuerteventura on holiday and there were certainly a huge number of stray/feral cats about the complex where we stayed, so you must really have your work cut out - but what a rewarding job to know you are helping all those needy furbabes - well done to you!!!

We are hoping to move to France this year and although the problem with ferals etc is obviously not in the same league as where you are, we would love to be able to set up some kind of rescue in the area. We live in Southsea in Hampshire - whereabouts were you from originally?

Can't wait to see your pics btw!  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »
Welcome to Purrs.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ali

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 11:36:43 AM »
Well, I can't complain about the weather, its 24 degrees outside at the moment! Very low cost of living and crime rate too. I do miss the shops back in England though  :'( I'm originally from Hampshire but lived in Devon for the past 11 years before coming out here. Hope you enjoy Tenerife, i've been to Los Gigantes, its a lovely place.

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Hi, ex catchat member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »
Hi Ali.

Welcome to Purrs.

What is it like living in Fuerteventura?  Are you originally from the UK?

I am going to Tenerife at Easter, Los Gigantes, looking forward to it.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ali

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 01:39:25 AM »
Hi again! Thanks for the welcome! I will try and post some pics real soon, thanks for the advice. :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 01:06:17 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, i remember you too. Hope you manage to get some pictures up  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 21:52:47 PM »
Hi Ali and  :welcome: to Purrs,

I remember you from CatChat. 

If you need help resizing your pics the following may help:

http://www.download.com/JPEGCompress/3000-2204_4-10404412.html?tag=lst-0-1

or

Image Resizer for windows XP

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
It's the 10th or 11th on the right hand side .. Image resize.
Once installed right click on the photo you want to resize.
Select resize pictures
Select advanced
Select custom
Put in 400 by 300 (sometimes you have to put in smaller figures if it is still too big).
Click ok and it makes a custom photo ready for uploading

You can resize more than one picture at a time by highlighting them all and following the resizing steps above.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ali

• Kitten
Hi, ex catchat member
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 16:56:07 PM »
Hi all, I only recently joined catchat before the forum was closed. I work at a cat-sanctuary in Fuerteventura, Canary islands. I brought 3 cats over from England with me, Jasper [3-legged tonkinese/tabbypoint siamese x, 14 yrs old] Bella, brindle female, her son Leo [ginger, nickname giant haystacks!] There was one little one I just could'nt resist bringing home from where I work, despite vowing not to add any more to my household, Vinny, [6 months] a gorgeous little black and white that just wants to be picked up and cuddled 24-7 and has an enormous vocabulary of "chirrup" sounds that he makes. Oh, and not forgetting Sammy "the lodger" who we look after as he has chronic gingivitus that needs regular treatment. I can't wait to post some pictures of them for you all to see, but so far I have'nt had much success [I'm not very computer literate!!]  :scared:

Link to CatChat