Author Topic: A new friend for thomas ?? advice please..  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: A new friend for thomas ?? advice please..
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 17:28:00 PM »
He maybe slept a lot to ignore them or stop them bothering him.

I have four cats and although not at complete war, one pair doesnt like the other pair.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 17:19:30 PM »
Cats are often happy not sharing everything with another cat! Adding extra cats is normally for the humans benefit not the cats, saying that im not against multi cat homes, they are neccessary or so many more would be sat in rescues/pts  :(
If i had number 7 it certainly wouldnt benefit my cats, only my urges to save another  :evillaugh:

I would phone his rescue and speak to someone who knew him. They would have assessed his behaviour and decided if he would be a candidate to live with others. Sharing a pen doesnt neccessarily mean he enjoyed other cats company but it was a case of having to get along.

Offline betsy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 14:58:00 PM »
You might want to ask the people at the rescue if he did get on with any other cats and maybe there's one there that he's missing.  A friend of mine has 2 cats, 1 female and 1 male, George is about 6 years older than Samantha but they get on great.  Also a friend of mine had 4 cats at one time all about 2 years difference - they were all boys and they were fantastic with each other and all indoor cats.

Can't speak from my own experience as I've only had 1 at a time.

I'm sure you will get lots of ideas from Purrs people - good luck.

Mary
Thank you ! im really happy with thomas and hes a great little (big!) cat but sometimes i think 'should we get him a friend'  i just dont want to upset him though.. hes used to being with other cats from the sanctuary. but everytime we went to go and see him he was always sleeping !
Betsy and Thomas

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 14:55:22 PM »
You might want to ask the people at the rescue if he did get on with any other cats and maybe there's one there that he's missing.  A friend of mine has 2 cats, 1 female and 1 male, George is about 6 years older than Samantha but they get on great.  Also a friend of mine had 4 cats at one time all about 2 years difference - they were all boys and they were fantastic with each other and all indoor cats.

Can't speak from my own experience as I've only had 1 at a time.

I'm sure you will get lots of ideas from Purrs people - good luck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline betsy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 14:53:22 PM »
how old it Thomas, and what is his temperament like?
Hes 3 years old, he fairly placid, but after a while he doesnt like to much 'petting' .. he will come and sit on my knee and be stroked for a while and then hes off on his blanket !
Betsy and Thomas

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 14:52:10 PM »
how old it Thomas, and what is his temperament like?

Offline betsy

• Adult Cat
A new friend for thomas ?? advice please..
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 14:47:47 PM »
Hello everyone, we have had thomas since november last year and hes settled in very well.goes out and come back etc...and has his own blanket on the couch..
anyway  ive been thinking about getting another one from the rescue centre that i got thomas from, but will it upset him ?  if i did get one should i go for another male or female ?  we are in the process of decorating the living room so it wont be for another couple of months, but would just like everyones opinion...
I dont want to upset my thomas. !
Betsy and Thomas

Link to CatChat