Author Topic: Exciting day tomorrow!!  (Read 5303 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Exciting day tomorrow!!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 07:58:18 AM »
That is where it came from!! I wanted Theo, but have had loads of cats names beginning with T, so opted for an F name instead.
Please spay your cat

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 18:57:20 PM »
Hes lovely Desley and I lurrrve the name Finn  ;D , its one of the names I think I suggested for Chi as well lol
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 01:28:43 AM »
Mornings are always a struggle for me in the week. Out of the house by 8.30 otherwise there is no place to park for school. It's a fairly long walk, and I get pain from a trapped nerve if I walk too far, and end up in bed for days on strong painkillers, so we have no choice but to take the car. I hate the mornings. I really should be asleep I suppose..... :tired:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 23:12:57 PM »
Please can you arrange for me to wake up tomoorow and it be Monday  :rofl: :rofl:

Gotta pick someone up on way to art class tomorrow and she said how about 0930 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek and I only just leaving here with a struggle at that time on class day  ;D

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 20:17:59 PM »
he was lovely  ;D

not suprised you dont know what the day is......I dont have your excuse and work up today thinking , oh no its Monday and it 1130 and tomorrow I gonna have to have gone to my class by 0930!

Then couldbnt work out why the school opposite wasnt open and then it clicked.......its Sunday  :shify: :shify:

I have to admit that I love it when I wake up thinking it's a weekday and I've got to get up, and then remember it's a weekend and I can lie in!! My friends and family often say that I must have been a cat in a former life as I love my sleep. ;)

Finn looks lovely. I hope he gets a lovely home.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
I will admit that yesterday I woke up at 6, couldn't understand why the alarm dot wasn't on, so put the alarm on so I woudl get up in time for work - then as soon as my head hit the pillow I remembered it was only Sun!!
i was told that Finn was neutered, but his wee smells and he has a large testicle, so I need to see if I can get him into the vets asap to be checked!!
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 23:50:31 PM »
he was lovely  ;D

not suprised you dont know what the day is......I dont have your excuse and work up today thinking , oh no its Monday and it 1130 and tomorrow I gonna have to have gone to my class by 0930!

Then couldbnt work out why the school opposite wasnt open and then it clicked.......its Sunday  :shify: :shify:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 20:30:28 PM »
Read Reply No 5 ladies - it has a pic of him and everythign!! Reply 9 has his story!!
I am surprised I could remember who was here by the end of yesterday though - woke up to 4 cats, an hour later was up to 5 (after a lot of frantic rushing and cleaning!!), an hour and a half later was down to 4, and 4 hours later was down to 3!! Fortunately it stayed at 3 today (although who knows how long for!!). Should have picked a different word to 'exciting' I think!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 18:20:20 PM »
My thoughts exactly Gill!  :rofl:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 18:08:06 PM »
Ummmmmmmmmmmm who is Finn? What have I missed now  :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 10:52:16 AM »
Yep, only Molly, Tiger and Finn here today!! Sort of, they were let down by Bleakholt, found us through CC and liked the pic of Chi in the sink, as that is what their old cat did!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 21:43:07 PM »
So Chi has a new home??? Did they find Chi through Catchat????

FAB FAB FAB! I told you he had good karma!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 20:11:19 PM »
ITs not normally so hectic Christine!! Chi went to a new home - I got mistaken though, that wasnt the person the rescue knew (that was someone wanting us to take a cat on for them, but despite the kid having ecsema (sp??), they want to persevere - there are nice people in this world!!), it was someone who had a home check from a local rescue, got given a time to pick the kitten up and then received a phone call this mornign saying the kitten was really poorly and they couldn't have her!! So, they went on the internet, and found us and Chi.
He seems fairly settled. He actually turned up at the lady's house in the summer, wearing a collar, so they put posters up and rang people etc, but no one turned up to claim him, so they carried on feeding him twice a day (she wanted to take him in, but her rottweiler had different ideas!!), and when the weather turned in Nov, they rang us (her aunty or some relation knew either the rescue or the pet shop we use), we were all set to take him till we got an emergency from social services etc, and he was being fed twice a day, plus being kept warm and had a safe place. He is actually quite thin, despite this though, hopefully nw he has been wormed and is in a home it will help - he is defo shorthaired, but he had some mats that made his fur look longer, and his fur is really thick - does look in poor condition though, but hopefully when he comes out of isolation in 2 weeks, his fur will look miles better.
On the downside though, we still have cats waiting to come in, and I had another phone call today asking if we can take cats in, there have been soo many this month it's unbelieveable.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 20:13:22 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 15:56:56 PM »
Des So pleased for Shadow  ;D ;D

Think Finn is a great name for newbie taaby lad. He rally lookslike a finn too. Looks like he's settled in very very well. ;D ;D
Whats finns story? Was he just seen in the barn?

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 15:51:22 PM »
How on earth do you keep up with all this - my head is spinning just reading about it all! Good work!

I have a bone to pick with you on the subject of black and whites though  ;) - I simply daren't repeat what you said in this room!  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 14:30:41 PM »
WEll, the rescue have just passed my details onto someone they know who is coming to look at Chi in about an hour, so could be a really interesting day - good job I got newbie really, would have been empty otherwise!! So, Shadow is the first one to have found a home in 2007, and newbie is the first one to have been brought into us in 2007.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 14:16:43 PM »
WEll, heres a pic of him - he is so friendly and wanting affection it was tricky. I am thinking of calling him Finn, but if anyone has any better suggestions, do let me know. I am not sure what his fur length is either.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »
WEll, didnt end up being exciting as such, newbie (still nameless) ended up coming an hour before she was due to go, and her new owners were half an hour late, so more frantic finding placements for everyone!! Newbie is very friendly and affectionate though, and very nice tempered - I made the mistake of worming him first, and I struggle with Drontal, so he was foaming at the mouth (normal for me and Drontal!!), but he still let me Frontline him, clip his claws and brush him!! Mind you, he adores being brushed as it is affection, and what he has been wanting for months now. Seems a bit on the thin side, might just pop him to the vets this week - we dont have an age for him either, so could do with that. I will post pics later, when he looks a bit better, but he is a very dark tabby, most of his back actually looks black. It's odd, I have 3 tabbies or tabby/white, and all 3 have completely different markings.
Please spay your cat

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 19:11:31 PM »
So pleased for Shadow, good luck for tomorrow and hope all goes well with your new adoptees, looking forward to photo's and hearing all about them,  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 18:13:39 PM »
I know, I am so pleased for her. It wasn't really that hard work to be honest. I know, part of me hopes I do get the grey kitten, I love grey cats, and haven't been lucky enough to have one yet. I have a soft spot for both tabbies and grey's - I have been lucky enough to have a tabby for a permanent cat, but I was only saying yesterday that this is the first time in over 2 years that I haven't had a black and white cat in the house - they aren't my first colour choice, but seem to be the one I get most of, but it is tabbies and blacks at the moment (both high on my list!!)You will hear all about them!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 18:09:52 PM »
Congratulations Shadow! ...and to you Desley for all your hard work.  You're making me jealous now though talking of a tabby boy and a grey kitten.  I love all cats but have to admit to having a soft spot for tabbies and greys.  Look forward to hearing all about them and following their stories until they find their forever homes.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Exciting day tomorrow!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 18:01:16 PM »
Shadow's new owners are coming to pick her up at 11.30, I am really pleased she is going to a new home, and I am glad she is going on a Sat, it gives them all a day and a half before they have to go to work, and her new mum only does a couple of hours on a Mon and Tues (forget what she said for Wed actually), so she gets a few days to settle down.

The next foster cat may also be here tomorrow, it is a cat that has been on our waiting list since the end of November, and events have just prevented us from taking him on, so as soon as I confirmed Shadow was going, I rang to say he would definitely be able to come to us, the poor thing is living in a barn at the moment, and while they check the temperature in it for him, he want's to be in a house. Very friendly, young tabby (they forgot to get the vet to check an age when they took him to be checked for a chip) who is used to other cats - and who has no name, so I will try some of the suggestions for him!!

Chi has been here for 2 weeks now, so he gets to properly come out of isolation, he has had some time out purely cos he has been a bit desperate - when Shadow goes, he will be moved into the cat room, and newbie will go in the bathroom.

I may also need to take on a young grey male kitten, but the person who has found him is going to try him with her dog first. Fingers crossed either he gets on, or the posters she has put up means his owner is found.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat