Author Topic: Lion cut  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
Re: Lion cut
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 06:39:57 AM »
Are you magic, Dawn?!!!!!  :Crazy:

Thanks!   ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:33 AM »
Mahla was gorgeous bless her  :Luv:  :Luv:  I've posted it the right way round for you  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 17:34:57 PM »
I meant bucket lol......just been there and no you cant turn them.

After a bath is no good at all, poor little thing  ;D

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 17:32:32 PM »
I'll see if I can dig out a picture. The only one I can find at the moment is THIS one . . . . from in the bath (she came to us with ringworm  :sick: )

It was photobucket that I was attempting to use. I don't have photoshop on my Mac at the moment (just swapped over from PC (where I knew how everything worked) to Mac (where I don't!) Floundering a little, opted to use PhotoBucket but can't find the 'rotate' button!

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 17:26:56 PM »
I would love to see her with her fur, so gorgeous and if there is a colour I love its dilute torie  ;D

You say picture looks Ok on photo shop? Thats strange, I will look at photo shop now cos I thought you could turn them in it and maybe you need turn so it looks wrong, save  and then turn right again and save.............................well maybe lol!

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 11:28:02 AM »
Here is Mahla with her lion cut, braving the outdoors (it was summer!). Poor little girl - she seemed quite shy without her coat on!

sorry fr the wonky pic - it's fine on my Mac and in photobucket but flips when it's on here! Yeah, I know - I'm rubbish!  :briggin:

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 11:16:17 AM »
My old black Persian, Leo, had exploratory stomach surgery which meant that he had his tummy shaved from his chin to his . . .well, all the way down.  :shocked:  When we got him home, the poor lad had had the incision stapled shut, not stitched - and he looked like a pyjama case! All floofy on the top but then a zip down the middle!

Anyway, although he was self-black, when the floof grea back, it came back completely completely white!   :-: Eventually, it went grey and then turned back to black. I think it took about 6 -8 months to grow back and was a lot finer than it was before. He was taking prednisalone for eosinophilic entiritis, which was the condition that was discovered during the op. I do recall our vet saying that this medication might affect the quality of Leo's floof as apparently, it can make the skin thinner . . . . . I think I am remembering correctly.

Last year, we had to have our first ever lion cut in all our history of having persians.  :-[

Mahla had an incredibly bad diarrhea episode and it got EVERYWHERE.  :sick: She was bathed but the matts were so bad and she had such a sensitive stomach that we couldn't get close enough to groom her properly. Little did we know that this was the start of discovering the huge tumours that eventually led to her being PTS on the operating table at Christmas.  :'( :-[

The lion cut revealed Mahla's skin patterning and she felt gorgeous - all velvety and warm when she snuggled up to us for hugs and cosiness. Previously, we had thought that she was quite a big cat - but it was all floof!  You can see how little she was, standing next to 'Noosh and Marble at the food bowls!

Her fur grew back REALLY quickly - she was lion cut at the end of August and died in December - and when she passed away, her hair was over half the usual length.

I hope Fabian's floof grows back soon - else I shall have to get my knitting needles out!  :rofl: Let us know how he gets on . . . .

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 23:31:47 PM »
hee hee - Shah is fine Sam.  ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 23:26:35 PM »
 :( Ahhh poor little baldy boy .... sending lots of fur growing and get well vibes for Shah  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 23:02:09 PM »
It wasn't the usual vet I saw but he thought it could be the preds - he is on a high dosage - one and half tabs a day. :shocked:

He is at the hospital vets on Wednesday so I'm going to ask them what they think.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 22:59:21 PM »
What did the vet say CS? It doesn't look like a lot of growth in that time - poor baby not having any fur with all this cold weather!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 01:08:46 AM »
Oh bless him!  Definitely something not right there with his fur not growing back.  I agree it must be related to his meds or his illnesses.  When Mosi was shaved for his abdominal op last summer, his fur grew back in about 3 months.

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 23:36:32 PM »
Is that the wee black one in your signature? Aww bless him.

Dont have any advice Im afraid but hope it grows back soon.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 23:04:23 PM »
He's on preds for hypercalceamia, blood pressure tablets and also alandronate for the hypercalceamia - yes he rattles!! :shocked:

He does have the fuzzy regrowth but its only a couple of millimetres long and then the long wispy bits you can see in the piccie.

I've booked Shah in tomorrow night for his vaccs and may take Fabes with me so she can have a look. :scared:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 22:05:48 PM »
Oh gosh 'Mr Wispy' ! its gotta be something to do with his meds/illness - sorry can't remember, what is he on preds for?  It doesnt even look like he's got any fuzzy regrowth at all - can you feel any fur growing through? I would have expected the fuzzy regrowth to have come through within weeks and for at least half normal length fur by now. Be interested to hear what the vet says about it.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 23:00:52 PM »
Yes thats exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder of his 'illness' could be affecting the regrowth as all his energies are going elsewhere????  Like I said will ask the vet this week.

Thx

x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 22:58:37 PM »
he is not doing well at all is he.................i think he should be much further a long and look black fur covered by now.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 22:53:21 PM »
Will mention it to the vet when I take Shah.

Here's a piccie of his wisps, my mate said he looks like Steptoe!!! :-:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 22:40:11 PM »
Fabes had number one at the end of November and he's still just 'wispy'.  Anyone know how long it will take to grow back?

I'm wondering if time of year is affecting the regrowth and possibly the medication he's on - preds.

Thx

x

Gosh, thats a long time! I had to shave large mats off a Maine Coon cat 2 weeks ago, and when I saw her this week, there was already a distinct 'fuzz' on the bits i'd shaved after just 2 weeks, although I would say it takes a good 4-6 months before the fur is completey regrown to normal length.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 22:37:10 PM »
kocka used to grow back quite quickly and certainly after 3 months she would be nearly back to normal. she would have a thick growth of fur albeit not back to the full length

i dont know if meds affect this or not.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Lion cut
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 22:27:57 PM »
Fabes had number one at the end of November and he's still just 'wispy'.  Anyone know how long it will take to grow back?

I'm wondering if time of year is affecting the regrowth and possibly the medication he's on - preds.

Thx

x

Link to CatChat