Author Topic: Wonderful Purrs and Cat Chatters  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Wonderful Purrs and Cat Chatters
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 00:09:02 AM »
It certainly is home. I love it. And I understand being on the PC all the time. Its addictive!!!!  I love that when I was faffing about leaving Lexy for the first time last month everyone reassured me and then Iain (aw bless our Iain we do love him) made fun of me. I know that since being on here I've been thinking more and more about what Lexy needs from her diet to her entertainment needs (Iain if you joke about that last one I'll clobber ya!) And all because of all of you.

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 00:03:43 AM »
I found CC after the death of my furbabe Toffee and was overwhelmed by the love and support shown when I posted about her, it was just so wonderful to find myself in a place where people knew how I felt and understood and didnt think I was stupid for being broken hearted over her or buying her a memorial stone for the garden , people who didnt tell me that she was "just a cat" and what was I so bothered for.

I have learnt so much over the past few months, before CC and Purrs I had never heard of Laperm cats and of course now know the gorgeous babe Cody lol, of how stunning Bengals are until I saw Lindas babes, of how important all the rescue work that people do is and I was inspired to offer a home to a rescue cat , my gorgeous Ebony who is now doing so well she looks like a different cat  :Luv: having somewhere to turn and talk about any questions I may have and to ask for advice and know its going to be the good kind has been so wonderful.  Then of course there was all the bargains I got on the christmas auction and knowing I was a part of that wonderful amount we raised made me feel great.

So long live Purrs , I regard this place as home now lol.

:lick:  Sonya
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 23:51:23 PM »
Think ya said what we all feel Kitty  :Luv: Steve used to worry about me just watchin telly all the time in the eve when he was studying computers and wanted me to get a hobby. Well i've found way more than a hobby since finding CC 3 years ago. Now i'm the one on the pc all the time!! :rofl: :rofl:

One of my fav bits was seeing the pic of Des testing out her new cage.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 14:55:44 PM »
LOL. I thin Christine Rosellas was on CC. Brilliant pic posted with the wine bottle propping up the cat flap. Kept me smiling forever!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 11:59:44 AM »
Yes, I've not only learnt loads in the nine months or so I've been part of this, there are lots of really kind, likeable people here. It's a very special group indeed: even my OH asks me every day what the news is (he'd never admit it)  ;)

But - where was the story featuring Rosella, the wine bottle and the cat flap?  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 11:53:14 AM »
What a good post, and so utterly true. I honestly dont know if I would have coped with some of the things last year threw at me without you lot, even if at times there were occasional comments that made things a bit harder. I have also made a lot of friends, who although I might never meet them, I know I can either ring or e-mail if I need to. I have learnt so much from teh forums, and am glad that there are some very sensible, knowledgeable people on here for advice, or who knows the life some of my furbabes would have had with just my neighbours advice.
Please spay your cat

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 10:56:50 AM »
My sentiments exactly!  I've only been fostering for a year so I'm very inexperienced compared to so many of this forum.  So all your knowledge and advice is truly appreciated!

Plus I just loving looking at pics of people's cat babies!

D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:55:53 AM »
I also agree!  I had been on a couple of other forums before I found CatChat and the main reason I stayed there ... and subsequently here .... was because I love the  way everyone is so friendly and caring but I also like the fact that we aren't afraid to give our opinions.  There is no bitchyness or snide comments which you tend to get on some forums and I also like the fact that people keep coming back with updates etc.  There is nothing worse than replying to a post to never see the original poster on the site again.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 07:13:06 AM »
I feel exactly the same.  It's such a lovely place to be, and all we have to do is switch on the 'puta and get advice and help, a hug, a really good belly laugh, shed a tear, spill our guts or have a rant.

And there's 400 of us!!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:20:58 AM »
A lovely post Kitty and I think we are all family and its wonderful we can all chat and get help and support like this. This is my fav  and sorta sums it up I think LOL  :ahh:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 21:37:53 PM »
Well said Kittybabe, I'm having a really tough week and so worried about my boys but I know I can come here and speak to friends who understand and most importantly care about me and my babies.  You are all fantastic   :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 21:35:48 PM »
You are so right - although we are 'strangers' we are also friends.   Thanks to everyone for their support in 2006 and let's hope we all have lots of happy moments to share in  2007.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Wonderful Purrs and Cat Chatters
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 21:30:07 PM »
I just wanted to post this as a thank you to all of the members here on Purrs.

I was reading the threads tonight, after not being online that much the last few days, and it hit me what a great little family we have here.

Its a tribute to Tan and Chappie, Gill, Des and the other mods as well as Mandy and Co over at Cat Chat, that all of us continue to find this as our source of fun and friendship with our one common love, our furrbabes.

It also is a tribute to all the members here. Its nice to know that if any of us have a problem, we can pretty much share it on here.   When the boys got sick this week, Linda came here to find help and comfort, when Cody swallowed a heap of dental floss Lynn came here to tell us what a silly little man he was (I'm still smiling at this near miss Lynn), Nick with the intruder in his house, Rosella with the wine bottle and the cat flap, Lottie and Tigger and Bilbo Baggins with the steak fiasco, and of course me worrying silly about leaving Lexy for a week with my sister, to mention but a few, we all came here to share.

I have never belonged to a forum before CC and then Purrs and I have to say that even though we don't "know" each other, its great to know you lot are out there and we can share loads of things, even non-cat things, with people who just "get it".

So hear hear and happy new year to all of you!  And lets hope this year brings us much happiness and continued friendships on this wonderful forum.

:catluv: (I just love to use this smiley..don't know why...I just do!)

Link to CatChat