Author Topic: So much for a quiet year!!  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: So much for a quiet year!!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 08:08:23 AM »
Not yet, MM, vet didn't recommend it. She is a very petite cat though, so doesn't look on the thin side. Her poo's are normal today, so I am introducing JWB in small quantities to see if she can cope.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 06:54:53 AM »
Awww Rosie is a sweetheart  :Luv2:

Looking forward to seeing Hobo's pics  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 17:45:58 PM »
Aww shes lovely  :Luv: Milly was only 2.5kg when i got her, now 3.8kg  :evillaugh:

As shes so small and eats alot has she had a t4 test?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
Thanks - Rosie is getting a bit better, she doesn't like the prescription food anymore though (typical after I go and get her more), so she is back on whiskas, and I will wait till she is solid before introducing dry - while I can't see JWB being the problem, maybe I have just been giving her too much. She does eat a lot, but the vet didn't seem to think there was anything underlying.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 07:08:16 AM »
Rosie is lovely and looking forward to Hobo's pic debut.  Good luck to the pair of them and you Des/.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 14:05:04 PM »
both sound like real sweeties Desley.  Hope you manage to get on top of Rosie's problem, bless her.  She looks such a cutey pie too.

Good luck with all the fosters xx :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 19:30:17 PM »
Hobo is here, he is a little sweety although slightly deaf. Will try and find time to do pics next weekend. Hopefully he will be one of the 'mature' cats who stay at the rescue for a while, then find homes quickly once they come here (I must be quite persuasive!!).
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 15:59:56 PM »
I struggle at times too!! Think Hobo (the one coming tomorrow) is no 53 or 54 (will have to have a count up!!), but I do include cats that have only been here overnight while waiting to go somewhere else - I have been fostering for 4 years in July, and have only had 2 lots of mum and kittens.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 15:55:03 PM »
I can't keep up with you and your fosters Desley  :Crazy:  It's amazing how many cats you have helped over the last few years, couldn't find a pat on the back smiley so this will have to do!  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 15:47:27 PM »
Good point C, I would be bored - at least that is what I tell myself. I also wouldnt have met such lovely people either, I was talking to Frankies new owners for just over an hour this morning!! She has used the tray for both weeing and pooing today (although more reluctant to poo than wee!!), and her poos aren't fully solid, but much better - as she wouldnt use a tray at her previous home, we dont know if this is something that has been an issue for a while, or if it is the stress of moving or what. She liked the chicken and rice food yesterday, but not keen on the duck and rice food today!! Hopefully the pic of her will upload.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 22:43:14 PM »
PS what would you do with the spare time anyway, if you did have a quiet year?  :evillaugh:

:rofl:

Good luck building the contrary madam up, Desley! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 21:58:32 PM »
Oh Desley , Rosie must be tiny only 2.5 Kilo bless her. Cant wait to see her picture. :Luv:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 19:07:32 PM »
Just to let you know I am one of the ones following this  ;)

Poor little Rosie.  I am sure you will soon build her up and clear up her health issues.

PS what would you do with the spare time anyway, if you did have a quiet year?  :evillaugh:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 18:54:08 PM »
Me and Rosie have had a vet visit today, as she seemed very gassy yesterday, and this morning  had diarrhea with blood in it (she will use the tray to wee, but not to poo) - I dont think it is related to her eating dry food, as I am sure it would have happened sooner if it had been the food. She has been given a Vitbee and ab jab, a few days worth of abs, and put on sensitivity food, which has had a wormer in it, as her owners said she hadn't been wormed for a year. I have taken the dry away from her, and she has been fine while I have been out, no more poo. She only weighs 2.5kg bless her, and I hope it isn't the dry food as she is only picking at her wet, despite it being what her owners left with her.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 19:10:21 PM »
WEll, Rosie is here now, she is a sweet little thing - tabby and white. My main concern is that she doens't use a tray - she has a tray with Sophisticat pink in, fingers crossed she likes it, as I only have that and woodbased litter in. Typical contrary cat though, they told me she mainly eats wet food due to no teeth, I gave her wet and dry, went to get a tray, and in the time it took me to walk downstairs, fill a tray and walk back upstairs, she had eaten part of the wet, left it and happily eating the dry!! Pics will come when I have time to download them!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:15:22 AM »
2 10yo's and a 15yo, or I wont be taking any more in for a while!!

I know the problem you are having. If I wrote about all our tails of woe this year, I would be on here almost 24/7. Never before have we been asked to bring in so many older cats. All the fosterers are almost full with older cats, or 'they who must be obeyed’ cats, which do take longer to home. It is very difficult as we want to bring in some of the younger cats that are much easier to home but equally the 'problem cat' are equally deserving to come in so it is not fair for us to pick and choose which cat comes in next. The order we take cats in is purely on need. Each
time we think we have a space to bring in an easier cat I get a phone call to bring in one that is more difficult to home or a pregnant cat that obviously blocks up a pen for months. I have actually 1 spare pen today and unless I get a phone call very soon I will be able to contact someone on the list.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
So much for a quiet year!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:42:24 AM »
My 'aims' for this year were a quieter year, and to get to 50 cats by July, I only needed 5. I have had 7 so far (including the ones that have only been here overnight), one coming tonight, and now one coming on Sun!! Rosie is coming tonight, as we have been unable to home her straight from her home (she is 15), and we have a roughly 10yo in the rescue (the person who found him thought he was about 5/6 years!!), who isn't liking cattery life, and the rescue lady rang me last night to tell me and said 'I dont know what to do about him, unless someone could take him' - my response 'I take it that someone is me!!'. I have thought the past 2 weekends whether he would end up with me, but while he seemed happy, I didn't mention it. Fingers crossed I can home an 8yo, 2 10yo's and a 15yo, or I wont be taking any more in for a while!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat