Author Topic: LOST LEEDS- tabby kitten, 7 months old and absolutely gorgeous  (Read 14704 times)

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
Re: LOST LEEDS- tabby kitten, 7 months old and absolutely gorgeous
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 08:45:30 AM »
I've just come back from holiday and read your messages, I'm so shocked! But I have noticed a few posters over the last 6 months. We're not sure about another cat just yet but it will definately be an indoor cat if we do.
Thank you for all your support :)
Sally x

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 10:59:52 AM »
It's more the Burley area that i've heard about. Generally the closer that you move to town (Burley Road and the like)
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 10:56:06 AM »
Hello J,

We don't run the Lost and Found register like we used to do and so it's difficult to keep a good receord. I'm re-homing one from the area (for soiling reasons) and she said that she has seen a glut of lost posters advertising different cats. Her own cat went missing at Christmas time,but was found after a few weeks (he was an un-neuetered, beautiful grey male - eek!)

I was also talking to someone who has decided to move away from the area because of it and she's keeping her cat in in the meantime.

It's speculation and heresay at the moment, but I have no reason to doubt the people who live there. No-one really is interested in investigating it and I don't even know how one would go about it!

Golly. Which bit of LS4 is this tho, Kirkstall or as far up as Burley Village ?
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
Hello J,

We don't run the Lost and Found register like we used to do and so it's difficult to keep a good receord. I'm re-homing one from the area (for soiling reasons) and she said that she has seen a glut of lost posters advertising different cats. Her own cat went missing at Christmas time,but was found after a few weeks (he was an un-neuetered, beautiful grey male - eek!)

I was also talking to someone who has decided to move away from the area because of it and she's keeping her cat in in the meantime.

It's speculation and heresay at the moment, but I have no reason to doubt the people who live there. No-one really is interested in investigating it and I don't even know how one would go about it!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 23:08:45 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about little Lola, unfortunately we have recently been alerted to other cats in the LS4 area going missing. We do not know what it happening and haven't been able to get to the bottom of it, but I would recommend that if at some point you decide to get another cat, to keep it as an indoor cat - at least until we can work out what the blazes is going down in the area.

Have you had more go missing, I remember Dec/Jan you had a pair of brothers that went missing a couple of weeks apart. Have there been more occurrences ? Which area is it ?
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 17:12:16 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about little Lola, unfortunately we have recently been alerted to other cats in the LS4 area going missing. We do not know what it happening and haven't been able to get to the bottom of it, but I would recommend that if at some point you decide to get another cat, to keep it as an indoor cat - at least until we can work out what the blazes is going down in the area.

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 19:36:12 PM »
She definately wouldn't have been able to slip out. there was only room to squeze my finger in... when it was looser she kept trying to bite it off! Plus the bell was no longer on the collar... so it would have been opened and closed. I know that I'll never know what exactly happened but it seems like she was stolen. I really can't believe that someone would steal a loved pet  :( She was very pretty but she wasn't a pedigree :(

My better half pointed out that it is better to think that she was stolen rather than trapped, staved, run over etc... So thats a little compensation I suppose!!

x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 19:29:07 PM »
 :'( oh Sally sorry to hear there is still no sign of Lola and her collar has been found.  Don't assume she couldn't get out of her collar .... kittens are very slippery little critters and, as they say, where there's a will there's a way.  She may have managed to wriggle out of it.  Fingers crossed she will be found.  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 18:19:04 PM »
Thought I would get in touch to tell you the latest on Lola. It's not good news...

Our next door neighbour found her collar in his bush. It was a kitten proof collar that had a snap clip... It wasn't open when he found it. It would seem that she may have been stolen from our doorstep, he collar taken off and closed, then disgarded in next doors bush. She would not have been able to squeeze out of her collar and it explains why she disappeared when she never went far from home.

I don't know whether it is good news or not... but I thought I would pop it on here.

Thanks,
Sally

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 18:59:04 PM »
I've passed on that e-mail address and also the petwatch number. Fingers crossed that she finds her owner.
x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »
Oh dear what a shame.  Is the little one that this lady has "found" definately lost ... if so maybe you could pass the details to Sue @ mymoggy.com

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 23:34:21 PM »
The lady e-mailed me soe photographs, it's not Lola  :(
Thought it was too good to be true.... I should have guessed when she said she likes to have her tummy tickled!!

The search goes on....

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 12:33:47 PM »
oooh fingers crossed it is good news  :wish:

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 11:54:46 AM »
I have some (potentially) good news. Someone found a cat matching Lola's description, around the time Lola went missing and has got in touch. Fingers crossed it's her. Little puzzled why its over a month later, worried it might be bad news she didn't specify whether she was alive... fingers crossed!!
xx

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 13:45:10 PM »
Just a couple more ideas for you, why not print off some small credit card sized flyers and see if Viva Cuba and Cardigan Arms will let you put some in the bar areas. Also, contact Burley Allotments and get a poster up there a lot of people in the area have allotments there who are not in your direct area but in cat travelling distance.

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »
Knocking didn't uncover Lola unfortunately.

We did have a phone call from an elderly lady who called when we first lost her. She just wanted to know if we'd found her, and to tell us that she was keeping her eyes peeled for her.... It's lovely to know that some people are so supportive!

Still hoping
Sally x

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 08:25:25 AM »
We put posters up in local shops - and called the two local schools to mention it in assembly. As far as I know they have done. We put posters on lamposts outside the schools anyway
x

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 18:26:34 PM »
Thanks for your support - no luck so far with knocking on doors. Will keep trying though and keep you all posted. Fingers crossed for Lola!!!!
xx

ps, we put posters up as well as using flyers - I am absolutely disgusted that people are cold hearted enough to tear them down!! I honestly am shocked!

Have you put posters up in local shops, and the local school ?

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 22:44:59 PM »
Thanks for your support - no luck so far with knocking on doors. Will keep trying though and keep you all posted. Fingers crossed for Lola!!!!
xx

ps, we put posters up as well as using flyers - I am absolutely disgusted that people are cold hearted enough to tear them down!! I honestly am shocked!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 20:01:02 PM »
Sadly lynne kittens having kittens is never a good idea or straightforward, a practical vet would reccommend spaying her.

Sally i hope door knocking reveals her hiding place  :hug:

Offline a very sad lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Has anyone seen my Nancy?
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 19:27:10 PM »
Sally,Lola is absolutely stunning and if she does come home pegnant can I have a kitten off you please.I will obviously pay and make my husband drive me up to Yorkshire from N.Wales to pick one/two kittens from you.x. 
Nancy went missing on 25thMay from Llandudno Jct.Conwy,N.Wales.LL319LH.Nancy is 4 years old,has been spayed,was wearing a silvery/white collar.Nancy is a silver/grey/white tabby.I am offering a substantial reward for her safe return.Thanks,Lynne.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »
I'm glad he has compromised, I think sometimes people might see a leaflet or poster and then it goes out of their head if you are on the doorstep you are harder to ignore!  Good luck with it!

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 11:32:14 AM »
We have spoken to people round and about - and most people have been really helpful. We have even had several phone calls from people wanting us to know that they are keeping their eyes open for her.

I have spoken to my boyfriend about knocking on peoples doors before and he's turned it down... but we have made a deal - I'm going to knock and talk while he stands behind making sure I'm not at any risk. Fair deal I think!

We had several sighting of her and when investigated it turns out that someone has an identical cat, with a pink collar, just slightly different markings on her chest. Heartbreaking  :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 19:57:57 PM »
Have you knocked on doors and spoken to people, not everyone looks at posters on lamposts  :(
Pinkbears cat was only down the road and the man had seen the poster  :Crazy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 13:49:42 PM »
she is very cute, hope you find her

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
Sorry Burley area of Leeds - LS4

I have sent you a PM.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 11:52:10 AM »
Goodness me! What a stunner  :Luv:

Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Sorry Burley area of Leeds - LS4

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 11:44:54 AM »
Thanks, I have called Petwatch, they were one of the first people we rang... they were very helpful. I think it would be useful if there was a centeral database for lost and found cats. There are so many places to contact and you worry you have missed one out!

Her name is Lola  :shy:
Pretty little girl!
Here's one of the first photo's we took of her - jumping over duvet marshmallows! Her favorite pass time!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »
Have you rung Petwatch ? A lady who runs a lost and found register in Leeds ?
Tel: 268 9973 (please only call between 9am - 5pm).

What area of Leeds is it ?

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »
I'm so sorry you've found out the hard way Sally but that does sound like what's happened. It is likely that she could come back but it's also likely that she will be pregnant if she does.

Also, if someone found an unspayed female they might think she's a stray so she may well get handed in.

Sounds like it's far too early to give up hope just yet. Keep following those tips of Sam's and checking in with vets and rescues.

Got everything crossed for you and your furbabe. What's she called by the way?

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »
Thanks for your advice and support...

Starting to lose hope if I'm honest, thought that she would come back at first (she hasn't been spade yet and several people had pointed out that she may have gone to find a mate) but it's been 3 weeks and I thought she'd be back by now. I think we'd have known if she was knocked down, we've searched everyday/night and called the council etc. If I'm honest I think someone has taken her in... She was friendly (albeit her playful bites!) and tremendously beautiful.

I hate it.... I don't want to move her things from our front lawn and her scratching post etc from our kitchen but everytime I look at them I want to cry.

Sorry for the depressing post!
 :(

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 20:50:01 PM »
Hi Sally, just wondering your kitty is spayed. Sadly it's the time of year when fubabes decide there's more to life than us boring humans.

If that's the case and she returns (which she probably will once she's hungry) please make sure you take the little one to the vet's to make sure you're not going to be a grandma.

Sorry, don't want to sound like a nag, just thinking of your little one  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 18:36:24 PM »
Hi Sally, I do suggest you follow all of Sam's advice, it is good advice and has worked well in the past ... also expand the scope of the vet practices and rescues you contact. Often if someone finds a stray animal or an injured one, they will take it to their vet or neighbourhood rescue, simply because that is what works for them, so limiting yourself to local practices is also limiting your chances of finding her.

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »
Hello,
My tabby kitten went missing nearly 3 weeks ago.
She's beautiful, and I miss her dearly. I have posted flyers and put posters up in the surrounding area; I have called vets/rescue centres to register her missing; I have advertised on many websites. I was wondering if anyone has seen her or any further advice?
You should be able to view photo's of her on the following link:
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile.php?id=700529
Thanks Sally x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 21:54:24 PM »

Sorry To hear your furbabe has gone AWOL.

Here are a few things to try:

1. Posters, Posters, Posters with picture and details with contact number.....hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts. (If it rains go and collect them and replace however it's best to put posters in plastic wallets so if it rains they don't go all soggy - the neighbours and council don’t mind you putting them up so much that way).  Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area.   It is a good idea to offer a reward … of course this doesn’t have to be money … a box of cho-colates or a bunch of flowers is just as good.

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.   Knock on 10 doors either side of your house on both sides of the street.

3. Register him lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20mile radius.  Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area catchat.org/adoption/index.html

4. Leave food out and a toy of his

5. Leave out an unwashed item of your clothing

6. Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep him in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

7. Contact the local fire brigade and see if they have had to rescue any stuck cats

8. Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area.   Also try and enlist the help of people walking dogs as they tend to go “off road” in the fields and parks.

9. Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

10. Put an advert in the local paper

11. Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

12. Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if he is in the area he will hear you.

13. When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If Kitty has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security (safety in numbers) and company. If vets/rescues know locations of colonies, these might be useful to get some ideas of where to start looking.

14. If you have Pet Insurance check your policy to see if they will assist with advertising costs or reward costs for a lost cat.  Some policies cover as much as £1000 of local advertising and upto £500 reward.

Finally have a look at these sites - they are all EXCELLENT

catchat.org/forum.html

purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

mymoggy.com/  contact Sue at mymoggy.

thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC

nationalpetregister.org

soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1

petsearchuk.org.uk/

amissingpet.co.uk/lostandfound.html

animalsearchuk.com/

pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308

lostmycat.org/index.php

animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html

foundandlostpets.co.uk/

1.freewebs.com/pettalk/missingpetsbulletinboard.htm

petsmiles.com/v1/found.php

Also don't forget to check ad websites, such as.....

friday-ad.co.uk

adtrader.co.uk

uk.freeads.net

classifieds.co.uk

and also your local rescue shelter/s websites too!

Good luck and stay positive.

Hopefully your little one has just got itself shut in a shed somewhere.

And finally ……. IMPORTANT NOTE: When you get your furbabe back remember to remove ALL the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

Offline sallybear85

• Adult Cat
LOST LEEDS- tabby kitten, 7 months old and absolutely gorgeous
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 21:37:08 PM »
Hello,
My tabby kitten went missing nearly 3 weeks ago.
She's beautiful, and I miss her dearly. I have posted flyers and put posters up in the surrounding area; I have called vets/rescue centres to register her missing; I have advertised on many websites. I was wondering if anyone has seen her or any further advice?
You should be able to view photo's of her on the following link:
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile.php?id=700529
Thanks Sally x

Link to CatChat