Author Topic: Friend in Winsford, Cheshire looking for a kitten (SORTED)  (Read 29711 times)

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
Re: Friend in Winsford, Cheshire looking for a kitten
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 09:38:47 AM »
I get my stuff delivered to the office as someone is always in to receive it. The only problem is that everyone in the office knows how much I have bought for my babies and they think I'm mad!! Usually get comments, 'Not more stuff for your cats?' or 'Another delivery for the cat lady!' I argue that it's only because I have just got them and they are indoor cats so need lots of stimulation.

I have one of those automatic feeders and it's great even if I'm going back late in the evening. I also got some treat balls and left them this morning having to work for their biscuits. Will see when I get back how they have managed.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »
The only pain with these I found was that they HAVE to deliver 9-5 - its not like you can pick it up from  a sorting office because they don't use Royal Mail - so perhaps get the stuff sent to work if you can  :shy:

Oooh ta for the tip. I hate deliveries like that. I've got one arriving tomorrow that is coming between 7am and 7pm... how useful!  >:(

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 19:49:07 PM »
Ali if you are buying stuff from Surrey Pet Supplies, have a look at the automatic feeders - they are good prices and also very useful if you go away for an evening etc  ;D

The only pain with these I found was that they HAVE to deliver 9-5 - its not like you can pick it up from  a sorting office because they don't use Royal Mail - so perhaps get the stuff sent to work if you can  :shy:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 18:31:45 PM »
I was going to suggest the FatBoy post as well, my boy Max is a very stury boy, and he can scratch at full stretch and really pull on it, its never come close to tipping over.  Defo recommend it.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 17:41:36 PM »
Zooplus sell scratching posts. Their link is at the bottom of this page, click it and purrs earns commision on your order  ;) you also get 10% off your first order  ;) ;)

I would suggest that with any big /tall post u get it has more than 2 "legs" on the bottom level so that it is nice and sturdy.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 17:40:55 PM »
Oooh thanks for that. I'll have a look now.

:wow:

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 17:10:35 PM »
My boys really like the Fat boy scratching post. It's about 1 metre high and nice and big. They have a good scratch and can reach right up to stretch. They also like using it as a perch and place to leap off. Actually I have just had another one delivered today for another room! You can get them for about £20 from Surrey Pet Supplies (I think that's the name , they are on the web if you google them). You have to pay for delivery but if you are buying a few things it still works out cheaper than other places.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 15:41:15 PM »
I've just been out on my lunch looking at cat related things. What size cat scratching post is best? There are so many different ones; it's mind boggling!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 19:26:58 PM »
Aww, black and b/w, your not cat racist!  :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 18:40:11 PM »
Toby and Oliver are lovely - I have had the pleasure of meeting them  :wow:  Here they are:

http://www.pawsinncats.com/rehome.php
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 15:23:36 PM »
We would like to give a forever home to Toby and Oliver, but we are keeping an open mind just incase.  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 14:52:41 PM »
are they on the website? which ones!!

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 14:51:31 PM »
Fingers crossed for you!

I'm so jealous ;)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 14:48:43 PM »
Just a quick update.

I've now put the wheels in motion to get a couple of the lovley kitties from Paws Inn. They are going to be doing a home check soon, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

x

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 00:05:01 AM »
She hasn't done that thing with her tail for a long time! I have learnt not to touch it though and only touch the head and top part of the body so I think thats probably why she doesn't do it anymore.

I say new litter but its just the lightweight white gravelly stuff  - Phil got it from the tesco express cause we were desperate and because it came in a different packet, thought it was something exciting we hadnt tried  :rofl: it is so dusty though! Have to keep hoovering  :evillaugh:

To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 23:40:48 PM »
Does her tail still have a mind of it's own  :evillaugh:

Awww poor Cheese  :evillaugh:  What cat litter was it?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 23:21:34 PM »

Maybe your next foster kitty can have little white socks  :evillaugh:

Or maybe I can dip Mags in paint  :evillaugh:

We bought new litter to try the other day and it was a big dusty so Cheese had dusty white socks  :rofl:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 23:04:54 PM »
Oooh I never knew cat racism existed. I think they all look cute!

Still lenting until easter sunday I'm afraid, so no crisps, biccys or chcocs! It's killing me!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 22:54:32 PM »
I would love a B&W - I especially love kitties with little white socks - soooo cute  ;D

Maybe your next foster kitty can have little white socks  :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 22:52:53 PM »
I know! Its strange - the same goes for black cats - apparently some people think they are boring!  >:( (Obviously not me  :heeee heeee: )
I would love a B&W - I especially love kitties with little white socks - soooo cute  ;D

I knew I suggested Good Friday but wasn't sure if it was agreed - can you actually eat chocolate etc then? Or is lent until easter Sunday? Just so I know what to prepare!

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 22:46:32 PM »
Didn't we say Good Friday? I don't know why, but that sticks out in my mind.

:-:

Why is it that black and white ones seem to be the hardest to home. I think they are gorgeous!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 22:47:09 PM by KittyNewbie »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 22:44:51 PM »
Too right! It's hard enough protecting them from Craig!

:rofl:

You'll have to come here soon and we can talk cats  ;)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 22:31:20 PM »
definitely don't want scratch marks on your nice new sofas!  ;)

Too right! It's hard enough protecting them from Craig!

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 22:29:14 PM »
I'll bare that in mind. I think we'd prefer just the one kitty for starters, though we might look at a second in the future.

It has to be a cat that is good around other cats as several of our neighbours are also meowmys.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 22:23:47 PM »
I was going to email you this but I might as well stick it on here so you have this thread for reference...

To get accessories, toys, good quality food etc for your new arrival a great place to go is Zooplus
www.zooplus.co.uk (if you click on the link at the bottom of each page on here and buy through there the rescues supported by purrs get a % from Zooplus)

Zooplus do good cat trees/scratchers which is a must if you want to save the furniture (definitely don't want scratch marks on your nice new sofas!  ;) )

Also for anything like Frontline (flea prevention) and worming tablets etc Vet UK is good
www.vetuk.co.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 22:14:14 PM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs  :welcome:  I would also consider an older one, kittens are really hard work but if you have your heart set on a kitten, I would go for two rather than one, this way they will be company for each other if you're not around.  What would be best for you would depend on circumstances really, ie if you work full/part time, if it's a case of you working, I would definitely go for an older one.  As far as sob stories go, I take it you've met Magnolia, she's looking for a home  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 22:05:55 PM »
such a long time ago. I think for a first kitty a slightly older cat would be best - they are less demanding and you have a better idea what you are getting - some adorable and affectionate kittens grow into grumpy old curmudgeons. Otherwise, get them from a reputable rescue rather than a pet shop, and make sure they have bright eyes, and healthy looking fur ...

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 22:03:38 PM »
Hello!

Dawn has just shown me this thread. It is my partner and my self who are looking for a kitty to call our own. We would prefer a younger cat as we'd love to see it grow, but I am a sucker for a sob story.

I have never owned a cat before (plenty of hamsters and rabbits, but no cats). Does anyone have any tips for me on what to look for?

Also does anyone have any nugets of information that they would like to pass on regarding their expereinces with their first kitty?

Thank you in advance!

:shy:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 21:08:03 PM »
Thanks for your help guys - I have passed on all info and I am going to send her the link to the thread  :shy:

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 20:39:47 PM »
Hi Dawn,

I have sent you a PM - I am happy to be pressurised about adoptions at any time!  I would do anything to find any of the gorgeous cats at the Inn the right loving home.

Claire xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 20:06:28 PM »
More than ever, with Teresa in hospital, Paws Inn is overflowing and I know as a certainty would welcome an enquiry from a good home.  The Inn is full to bursting with cats of all ages...

Your friend might like to consider Pumpkin?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 19:23:53 PM »
Dawn, whilst T is out Paws Inn will still welcome enquiries on rehoming any of the current residents.  So your friend still has an option there, Claire or T's hubby can still try to help.  ;)  The website has been updated today to reflect that.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 19:23:00 PM »
It's a shame you can't get her interested in Magnolia  :shy:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 19:21:06 PM »
Ali found Paws Inn on CatChat but with T being in hospital I wasn't sure whether to enquire as didn't want to be pressurising about adoptions etc  :-:

Dawn, she said kitten when she asked me to find out, but I will double check with her :shy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 19:14:29 PM »
Does it have to be a kitten or will she consider older ones  :shy:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 19:13:44 PM »
Unless you have to pass through Coventry when you go visit them  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 19:12:11 PM »
Put them in touch with Paws Inn ... I am sure T will have some lovelies wanting a home and Claire can subby in T's absence ...

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Friend in Winsford, Cheshire looking for a kitten (SORTED)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 19:10:57 PM »
My good friend Alison and her OH have asked me to put the feelers out with purrs people to look for a kitten they can adopt  ;D

They live in Winsford, Cheshire in a house with garden in a sort of courtyard off a cul-de-sac (at least I am near certain its a cul-de-sac because I always drive there in the dark!) Ali says I will be her cat advisor so obviously will be advising of best practise etc and all the things I didn't know when I first got Cheese and I hadn't found CatChat yet!

She says shes been on CatChat and shes really excited about being a meowmy - I will have to get her to sign up on here and keep an eye on this thread  :)

Not really sure what else to say - I think they will be good kitty-parents. They have fallen in love with our cats and the cats next door to them so they know what to expect (especially as our lot are so crazy  :rofl: )
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 17:36:10 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat