Author Topic: Was i seeing things  (Read 2694 times)

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
Re: Was i seeing things
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 13:44:35 PM »
Hi Ros,

I  dont get on here much at the moment, so thanks for your post,I for one would love you to start that thread again. I will be looking at Amelia's web site later, im sure it will help.  I still miss Firbs so much, but but do feel more comforted now.

x
She

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 19:10:05 PM »
Hi Shecat,

I want to reply to this because I believe absolutely that you did indeed see your beloved Firbee.  I have read and heard so many stories like this from very sane and grounded people that I cannot refute such accounts.  I wish with all my heart that I could see some of my little angels who have departed this earth but alas, I never have...but my husband has and he often senses or sees things that can only be described as supernatural.  He is not new age (in fact he is an engineer) but just has what I describe as his antennae fixed.  I started a thread last year (very early last year) asking about animals and the afterlife and whether any of our members had experienced anything to convince them about the possibility.......and the posts were wonderful.  In fact, it was a lovely thread, very heartwarming and uplifting.

I'm not a fantasist but I really do believe that our little treasures find a wonderful life beyond this one and they become young again and restored to full health....any imperfections or amputations/disabilities they might have endured in this life are healed.

I am a great fan of Amelia Kinkade and really had hoped to attend one of her workshops last year when she was over here from the USA.  Sadly, I couldn't make it  but will try again this year. If you are interested in her work you might like to look at the following link.

http://www.ameliakinkade.com/

Maybe I should start this thread again.

Lots of love to you (and Firbee....because he is still with you and always will be)

Roz
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 14:09:11 PM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

ccmacey

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 15:08:34 PM »
Im sorry  Shecat, i got a bad head cold at the mo and my brain aint up to speed. On the day my cat passed away all I kept hearing was her meowing and i knew it was in my head, but still as it was an unbelievable day I thought it was real and kept looking for her.  I felt like I was having an "outer body" experience as nothing felt real, I didnt feel  as though i was on this plannet. I do think in times of trouble and not knowing the mind can play tricks on you and let you see what you want to see, I'm sure your not going mad, I'm sure many of us have experienced this.  :)

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 14:49:04 PM »
Sorry think I'm getting it all wrong :-: I lost 1 of my cat's and about 1 week later I saw, what I thought was Renie coming down my path. This cat looked exactly like her and I couldn't believe my eyes, It could of been her only I knew she was gone. I found out that the cat I saw was Renie's aunt that's how they looked so much alike. Maybe that was her telling me she is still here.

To be honest, after this I do think he is dead. Firbee is the white cat in my picture.  He never left the garden until the day he disapeared.  My husband thinks he appeared to put my mind at rest.  My daughter thinks a similar thing but said the mind is a very peculiar thing and maybe my mind imagined seeing him so I can have some peace.  I honestly dont know.  i did see him and he is very distinctively marked and he disapeared when I bent down to stroke him.  Its funny there have been no sitings of him at all and there arent that many white cats with a tabby tail plonked on the bottom.  Whatever though in my heart I now believe he's dead, but just in case Ill still keep the missing posters up to date.
x she

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 14:08:41 PM »
Sorry think I'm getting it all wrong :-: I lost 1 of my cat's and about 1 week later I saw, what I thought was Renie coming down my path. This cat looked exactly like her and I couldn't believe my eyes, It could of been her only I knew she was gone. I found out that the cat I saw was Renie's aunt that's how they looked so much alike. Maybe that was her telling me she is still here.

ccmacey

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 13:57:47 PM »
Sorry, just read post again and you say he is lost. A friend of mine has a cat which used to go missing for months and then just turn up, she only realised that he was going to someone else's house when he came back neutered,  I think if he comes back again you should keep him in and let him know your house is where he lives.  :)

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 13:51:15 PM »
Hi Shecat, can I just ask, has this cat passed away? sorry to bring it up again.

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 13:32:48 PM »
Not long after we got Maisy we were in bed one night and I woke up saw her sleeping on the bottom of the bed and stroked her.  My boyfriend then woke and asked me what I was doing, I explained I was stroking Maisy and he told me that was impossible as she was asleep on the pillow near my head, I looked and he was correct.  Rich says I was dreaming but to this day I swear this white cat was asleep near my feet.  This was in April only a few weeks after we got Maisy, I lost my white cat Kyle to ear cancer in November 2005. and said to him in that case it must have been Kyle.  I think it is possible you saw Firbee.
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 21:04:57 PM »
That is so amazing and I wouldn't doubt at all that your little Firbee was there.  I do hope that you feel a little comforted by it.   A little while after my baby Chico was lost to an rta I had such a real dream and he was there on the garden bench with me - he told me he couldn't stay long but would come back to see me and I wait for that moment.   I definitely believe that our furbabes know what we are going through and do anything they can to let us know they are safely at peace and I really hope this has helped you.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 19:49:38 PM »
I know I SAW HIM

I am sure you did, I know I have seen some of mine.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 18:02:27 PM »
Thats wonderful and I agree he was just checking on you to make sure you were OK, and that you hadnt forgot about him ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 13:36:54 PM »
I'm so glad Firbee paid you a visit.  He's telling you he loves you still

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
Was i seeing things
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 13:23:11 PM »
Some of you may know My cat Firbee was lost in July and even on Christmas Eve I was renewing the posters and ads in the local papers, Ive always thought he would come home.

On New Years Eve about 5pm I called in the cats for the night. (hadn't touched a drop at that time by the way)  Tilly came throught the cat flap followed closely behing by Ollie and then Firbee came through, I wasn't even startled.  He walked up to me rubbed my legs and gave me his soppy look then disapeared.  Just disapeared.  Needless to say I was in floods of tears.  When I told my husband he wasnt suprised and totally believes me, his opinion is that Firbee wanted to put my mind at rest to go into a new year and not expect him to come home and to know he's happy and at peace.   My daughter thinks Im mad.  I know I SAW HIM.  My husband is right for me, I feel more excepting and resigned now. i just wanted to tell you lot.   I definately saw him and he looked so well.

Link to CatChat