Author Topic: Worms!  (Read 2154 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: Worms!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 17:26:55 PM »
Berties mum, this will work but wormers only kills whats there, they do not have any effect on what she might get next week.  Also it would be perfectly safe for you to give her another in 2 weeks time (which i may be inclined to do then go to monthly worming)

Make sure you know the weight of minnie and that she is getting the right dose.

Thanks Lynn - I knew that wormers aren't preventative so I'd need to do it again, but just wondered whether Drontal was strong enough if she's got to the stage of actually coughing up a roundworm.  And I'm a very boring person who weighs them all before each worming tablet - only to find that Bella and Minnie both stay around the 7lb mark and Bertie gets bigger and bigger - 17lb at last weigh-in!!! Good news is that Minnie hasn't produced anything else unpleasant since then, although Bertie decided to eat some grass and then produce some green vomit last night just to compete  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 14:48:53 PM »

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 05:16:10 AM »
:rofl:  ruth i think you will single handedly put every other purrs member off of beef chow mein now  :rofl:

Yuck!  Yes she certainly did!  And all be herself too! :evillaugh:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 21:36:27 PM »
 :rofl:  ruth i think you will single handedly put every other purrs member off of beef chow mein now  :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 21:34:38 PM »
Roundworms are disgusting.....I had to battle with the vet today for 2 Mibemax for the semi ferals as they are so much smaller for them to take! Mine are on their 3rd month of worming then I'll go back to every 3 months!  ;D

I used to love beef chow mein..........dont think I could have it sitting on a plate in front of me now!  :sick:  :(

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 21:26:40 PM »
angie panacur kills roundworm and comes in granule (or liquid) form if you needed to do it more often.

Berties mum, this will work but wormers only kills whats there, they do not have any effect on what she might get next week.  Also it would be perfectly safe for you to give her another in 2 weeks time (which i may be inclined to do then go to monthly worming)

Make sure you know the weight of minnie and that she is getting the right dose.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 20:49:16 PM »
Once a month!  Thanks Ela  :thanks:  I wouldn't have thought that was safe unless you'd told me  :Crazy:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 18:32:39 PM »
once a month  :Crazy:

I have enough trouble with my lot every 6 months! (Yes I know it should be more often but I need me fingers!).

Actually came across some profender cleaning out my cat cupboard..... Here kitties, kitties........... :briggin:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 18:07:43 PM »
Nowadays vets are recommending Drontal once a month. Especially for cats who catch wildlife.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Worms!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 17:24:45 PM »
Ewwww, Minnie coughed up a hairball this morning and there was a roundworm all curled up in the middle  :sick: :sick:  She's wormed every 3 months but catches mice and birds about 5 times a week so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  She was due for her next dose of Drontal next week so I did it today instead.  Does anyone know - will this work okay now that she's actually got worms, or should I be seeing the vet for something on prescription?  She's totally well and hasn't lost weight or condition  ;D

Link to CatChat