Author Topic: Another cat lover saying Hi!  (Read 3468 times)

Offline FrankNTessa

• Adult Cat
Re: Another cat lover saying Hi!
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 20:57:08 PM »
 :welcome: To Purrs!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline bearess2002

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 19:25:29 PM »
 :welcome:  :welcome:

Your little Casper looks gorgeous!!!

Im a newbie on this site aswell and im already hooked everyone has been super freindly hope you enjoy as much as i am.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 22:00:59 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Elizabeth z17

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 16:41:31 PM »
Hi and  :welcome:
Casper looks lovely :)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 21:37:57 PM »
I'll keep you updated, I should hear back this weekend so I'll either email you or post up on here!

On a completely different note, I've not been around long but this forum is such a lovely community!  :)

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 21:03:49 PM »
I'm sure between the two of us we can sort something out. :Luv:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 20:59:34 PM »
Aw, poor things - good on you going all the way to Liverpool! I think this cat is in Portsmouth so thats no-where near as far! If I speak to my friend again I'll see if I can find out any more info, the only things I know at the moment is that she's about a year old, so quite young for a mum and he said she's brown (lol @ men) so probably a tabby and she has been flea treated.

Obviously if I could actually get her to give the mum up to me, I would be more than happy to have her here and let her have the babies and then obviously get her speyed to stop it happening again! Or if it would be better, she could come to you, I just want to do whats best for her as I'm really worried. Maybe we could sort something out between us because I'd really like to help and you obviously have tons of experience with the little ones.

I've spoken to my friend and he's going to see if the girl would be willing to give her up, I don't know the situation but apparently some of her rabbits died recently because they were outside and it was too cold. Its just horrible thinking about it!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 18:41:10 PM »
I would love to take her in, but I have never had a pregnant cat and I would be concerned about giving the right care and also that moving the mum before the birth would cause problems. I have been thinking about the situation a lot, but its a tough one because although I know the town she lives in, I have no further details and I can't contact the RSPCA to report anything as this information has come to me through 3 people! I hate the fact that people can get themselves into these stupid situations where they can't cope at all with all the children and pets that they have got just because they thought they were cute and didn't realise how much work/money they would be!

If you do get any more details I can probably find a space for her here, I've had pregnant mums before, picked one up from Liverpool last year with her sister who had six two day old kittens. :shocked:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 17:00:28 PM »
Hi Bryony &  :welcome: to Purrs

I'm glad to see you have followed our sacred rule about posting pics ASAP  :evillaugh:  Casper is absolutely stunning, I'm Mum to two grey boys myself  :)  I hope that you can find your new additions and look forward to hearing all about them when they finally arrive.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 16:07:40 PM »
Thats awful, I was reading on their signing up sheet that they never PTS just because an animal doesn't find a home, but I do wonder if its true all the time. I am part way through my plan to become self employed and work from home and one day I would love to foster rescued cats and give them a better experience than they get in the shelters!

In fact at the moment I am in an odd position, A friend of mine saw my msn username about looking for cats to rehome and told me about his friends neighbour who has all kinds of animals, plus a 2 year old and 6 year old child. Apparently the neighbour took in one of the ladies cats after one of the children threw it down the stairs, this concerned me as he went on to say that she still has another cat which is now pregnant, firstly he asked if I would take the kittens and then if I would take the mum before she had them.

I would love to take her in, but I have never had a pregnant cat and I would be concerned about giving the right care and also that moving the mum before the birth would cause problems. I have been thinking about the situation a lot, but its a tough one because although I know the town she lives in, I have no further details and I can't contact the RSPCA to report anything as this information has come to me through 3 people! I hate the fact that people can get themselves into these stupid situations where they can't cope at all with all the children and pets that they have got just because they thought they were cute and didn't realise how much work/money they would be!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 15:47:29 PM »
I agree, the Ark does not welcome you in with a friendly smile and the times when I have been there, you feel you are trespassing when looking round the kennels and the cattery.  When we lost our last dog, we went to them for a little terrier, but they said we could not re-home one because we have cats.  6 Jack Russells  1 Golden Retriever and 25 cats now live happily together but none have obviously come from the RSPCA.

When I worked at the Vets, several of the Nurses had previously worked at the Ark, and it was always them who told me I had to take a cat home that we had taken in as a stray because if it went to the Ark it would be put to sleep. >:(

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 15:46:52 PM »
Gill - You're quite right about Kocka - they are very similar! Its not easy to leave him behind but I will still see him once a week and he is perfectly happy there in the territory he's known most of his life. So long as my mum is there with the packets of catfood, he doesn't mind!

*Goes to find car pics*
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 15:47:15 PM by Bryony84 »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 15:45:27 PM »
You show your car  :wow:

I reckon we need pictures and you could start a nice car thread in the Chatting about NOT cats section  ;D

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 15:42:48 PM »
Thanks for the comments - I noticed the pics weren't working after I posted and think I fixed it!

I've only been watching since this morning, havn't seen any topics mentioning cars, but if I do - I'll be straight in, I show my car instead of my cats and the first show of the year is this weekend!

Lesley - I thought the whole set-up at the Ark was a little odd and the staff all seemed to have totally different opinions. They all seemed to be extremely bad tempered as well apart from the lady who took me to see the kittens. I do find it very odd that the RSPCA put their name to the shelter and an RSPCA warden was delivering a cat and a tiny baby rabbit into the reception as I arrived, yet they apparently get no funding at all from them!

To be honest, I don't have my hopes up for the home visit, I'm sure they will take one look at my front door and ask where the access to the garden at the back is - my maisonette has a front entrance but it goes straight upstairs to what is my ground floor so although we have direct access outdoors, we can't get straight into the garden without walking a few metres round the building. The area is so quiet that I can see absolutely no problem with this but I know they can be very tough with their checks.

I havn't forgotten your little ones Lesley and if things don't work out, I'll be straight over to see them!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 15:41:12 PM »
I can see the pics now...................Purrs is running slow for me at moment!

Casper is gorgeous and so like a shorthaired Kocka.....................I would not have been able to leave him behind  ;D

Oh he is Kocla colour and everything  ;D

here is kocka to compare ............sorry couldnt resist

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 15:36:26 PM »
welcome!  I did type something up about lesley being local to you but it didn't appear!

Lesley our local rspca runs on the same lines as that

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 15:35:11 PM »
:welcome: to purrs  ;D

Casper sounds wonderful and would love to see him...............ummmmmmmmmm pics didnt work  :rofl:

I am wondering how you tried to put them on.........lets us know then we can tell you how to do it  ;D

If you have watched us at all, you will find that some of the girls are a bit more up on cars than you may think  :rofl:

Pics worked for me.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 15:34:31 PM »
Hi again Bryony, well done for finding Purrs, I was going to suggest you came on here, we're cat mad.

I see from CatChat that the two siblings you are looking at are at the Ark.  I've always found it a bit strange there, it is called an RSPCA Re-homing Centre but they always tell everyone they get no funding from the RSPCA HQ, having to raise all their own money, and do not have to conform necessarily to RSPCA guidelines. :-:

Hopefully your homecheck will be okay, but if not you can always come and see my two. :Luv2:

Lesley xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 15:31:26 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs  ;D

Casper sounds wonderful and would love to see him...............ummmmmmmmmm pics didnt work  :rofl:

I am wondering how you tried to put them on.........lets us know then we can tell you how to do it  ;D

If you have watched us at all, you will find that some of the girls are a bit more up on cars than you may think  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 15:31:21 PM »
 :welcome: Bryony, and well done on knowing that pics are in the :rules: !

Casper is gorgeous and I am so pleased you want to take in two more. Its very generous of Casper to allow your mum to keep him.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
Another cat lover saying Hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 15:27:56 PM »
Hi everyone
I found this forum through Catchat which has been a great help to me recently. My name is Bryony, until recently I was owned by Casper but now I am looking to become a loving pet to some more little fluffies. When I'm not browsing cat forums, I'm into tastefully modified VW cars! (And yes, I know thats a bit odd for a girl!)

Nearly 3 years ago, I got a beautiful grey DSH male kitten called Casper, he is now grown into a gorgeous but troublesome little man! About 4 months ago, I moved out of my parents house to live with my boyfriend about 15 minutes drive away in  a lovely quiet cul-de-sac in Whiteley, Hampshire, the idea was that we would get settled and sort out everything and then Casper would come and live with us. After Christmas I mentioned it to my mum and she was very reluctant to make any arrangements. As it turned out, she loved having him around now I'd gone as my dad works wierd shifts and she hates being in the house on her own.

After a bit of thinking I decided it would be less disruptive for him to stay there and he will be loved very much. I miss him but luckily we don't live far away and it means that I have the oppotunity to rescue some cats and give them a new home. My partner and I decided to get 2 young cats, anything from little kitten age up to about 1 year old so we have been looking round local rescues and making enquiries.

Gratuitous pic of Casper!

Baby Pic

Grown Up!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 15:28:40 PM by Bryony84 »

Link to CatChat