Author Topic: Cheaper alternative to Katalax from VetUK  (Read 4743 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Cheaper alternative to Katalax from VetUK
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 14:59:26 PM »
Just got an email from VetUK saying that my order was shipped today but this item is cancelled due to the product being discontinued  :tired: - please allow 5 working days for the £4.82 to be credited to your account  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 22:23:22 PM »
Might try that, Molly wont touch anything like that so has Lactulose, but Zi likes Katalax straight from the tube, as did Tiger.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 16:50:20 PM »
None of mine like de-furrum

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 14:53:12 PM »
I have both Katalax and Defurrum and have to say, whilst Lexy isn't amused at all when she gets either... she prefers the Deferrum to the Katalax. Admittedly she hasn't been backed up for a while so I can't test it on her to see if she still knows the difference.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 14:34:36 PM »
Mark, this is what I use for Forest.  Although he does not suffer from hairballs, he was prescribed katalax by the Vet due to his narrow pelvis.  Although on katalax daily he would still get blocked until I found this.

Ever since he has been on it, he has been wonderful and he loves the stuff.  I put it on his food and it is the first thing he eats.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_144&products_id=240
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Cheaper alternative to Katalax from VetUK
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
I am just doing an order (scary amount of money  :scared: ) and saw this  Bezo-Pet. It's the same as Katalax but £4.82 for 50g compared to Katalax £6.99 for 20 g (about 1/3rd of the cost?)

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1020

Link to CatChat