Author Topic: Forthglade cat food  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Marla

• Adult Cat
    • www.kittycollars.co.uk
Re: Forthglade cat food
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
Milly's Mum, some Pets at Home stores sell it. I'd recommend calling first to ask if they have any in stock. Our local PAH only had a few trays hidden on a bottom shelf which we almost missed. Now that I know they like it, I'm going to order direct from Berties on 08700 421014.

Because it's so different from most other cat foods (no grains, sugars or artificial additives), it would need to be introduced very gradually.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 12:43:03 PM »
Where do you get it from? - I want to get Alice & Clapton on a better diet as they eat so little dry and I'm not happy with them only eating Whiskas. The only problem is the smaller brands don'r seem to do a senior version. As Alice is now producing firm poos (most of the time), I don't want to upset her system again.

I got it from a local petshop Mark, its a pretty good shop, (specially as it recommends my cat grooming service to its customers!) it also stocks Almo Nature. I've not seen Forthglade elsewhere around here anyway, perhaps if you email them they will be able to tell you stockists in your area? They were very quick in getting back to me about the labelling etc.

Gillian, have you tried Berties Nature's Harvest? It's a new wet cat food with 90% fresh chicken that's made in the UK.

Following Susanne's previous post about it, we've been using it as a back-up for their normal raw food. I'm really impressed with the quality, and Rosie and Flo like it almost as much as their raw food.

Yes, I have tried that one Marla - trouble is they don't seem to make bigger packs - those little trays don't go far in my house LOL! I would say that Berties and the Forthglade products are very similar having seen both - the texture etc. I think mine would still rather have raw though!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 12:25:55 PM »
I used to get forthglade, cant remember why i stopped   :shify:

Marla where do you get that from?  :thanks:

Offline Marla

• Adult Cat
    • www.kittycollars.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »
Gillian, have you tried Berties Nature's Harvest? It's a new wet cat food with 90% fresh chicken that's made in the UK.

Following Susanne's previous post about it, we've been using it as a back-up for their normal raw food. I'm really impressed with the quality, and Rosie and Flo like it almost as much as their raw food.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:57:37 AM »
Where do you get it from? - I want to get Alice & Clapton on a better diet as they eat so little dry and I'm not happy with them only eating Whiskas. The only problem is the smaller brands don'r seem to do a senior version. As Alice is now producing firm poos (most of the time), I don't want to upset her system again.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »
I have fed that before, got mixed reviews on it. Glad to have the wording clarified, might go and get some more, as Zi hasn't tried it yet! !
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Forthglade cat food
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 22:48:27 PM »
Thought I'd try my lot on Forthglade Natural Menu, the Chicken & Heart variety seemed to go down quite well. They also do plain Chicken, Beef, Chicken & Liver, Chicken & Tripe and Beef & Tripe. Forthglade are members of the PFMA and it is produced in this country - in Devon in fact. It was 60p for 395g (could have made it 400g couldnt they? LOL!) www.forthglade.com

Ingredients in the chicken and heart are: meat and animal derivatives (min 40% chicken, min 8% heart), derivatives of vegetable origin (already emailed about that one and am reliably informed that the vegetable component is seaweed powder!), minerals.

I've also emailed them about the labelling on their packaging because it says 'This is a complementary pet food for Dogs & Cats and may be fed with good quality biscuit'.....then, on another part of the packaging it says 'For Cats - feed just our meat products' - bit contradictory I thought, but apparently the 'complementary' bit will be removed from the packaging at the next printing and that Natural Menu can be fed on its own to cats, but dogs should have biscuits added.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 22:48:50 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Link to CatChat