Author Topic: Looking for a home for my lovely girl  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Looking for a home for my lovely girl
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 20:42:05 PM »
 Ah :(

I see you have explored all avenues ... that's a shame cuz I was hoping we would be able to help you keep both your furbabes.  I wish you lots of luck in finding a new home for her.  She's a very pretty girl.

Can I suggest you also put a post on http://thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=51  this is another great forum with lots of friendly helpful people who work in rescues and cat welfare and may be able to help you.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 19:19:34 PM »
She's beautiful  :Luv: I hope she finds a new home very soon.

Offline Ziggy

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 15:43:18 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

I have had Sophie two years, I got my other cat (Bowie) a couple of months after her.

I have had advice from behavourists (including Wizz) in the past, and implemented measures including those from the 'Cat Detective' book, on how to improve their relationship. They were introduced gradually, and have separate areas etc.

Unfortunately my other cat Bowie, is incredibly dominant, and very big! He will bully Sophie, and she isn't the type to fight back at all. He really needs to be the only cat in the home, and I want to ensure Sophie goes somewhere she is more suited to.

This has been going on for some time now, and isn't a decision I have taken lightly, or without trying many avenues first.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 15:30:34 PM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs,

Can I ask what you have done to introduce these two to each other?  How long have you had both cats etc.

The reason I ask is just because they aren't getting on at the moment you may be able to reintroduce them in a controlled way and it might be better.

Have a look at the following advice from wizz an animal behaviourist who is very highly thought of on her.  Also it might be worth sending her an email explaining the situation and she may be able to give you further advice.

http://wizz-catz.co.uk/introducing.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 14:19:43 PM »
Sophie is just beautiful and I do hope she gets the home she deserves ;D

Offline Ziggy

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 13:34:44 PM »
Ah, you can tell I'm a novice at this can't you!

We are based in Essex/outer London, close to M25 and other main routes. I would be willing to deliver her within a reasonable distance, as long as the home was right for her. I would also really love it if she did find a new home, that the new owner would let me know how she gets on.

I've attached some photos, but they don't really do her justice - she's not a fan of the camera apparently! She's a very elegant little lady, very poised and pretty, with those fantastic long white boots on the back!

Unfortunately, my other cat is a deaf white boy, and he's ideally suited to the indoor lifestyle, whereas Sophie here could also spend time outdoors.
Also, Sophie loves one on one attention, and she finds it quite upsetting that this big white lummox has staked a claim on mum's lap.

Please let me know if any more info is required and thanks for your help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 13:25:51 PM »
Good luck in finding her a new home, and as Gill says, a pic will help a lot, also the area you live in. HAve you spoken to local rescues to see if they will let you advertise her while she stays with you?
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 13:19:38 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Such a sad way to meet you  but a picture and the name would help. How long have you had her and where do you live?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 13:20:25 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Ziggy

• Kitten
Looking for a home for my lovely girl
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 13:16:16 PM »
Hello all,

As much as it breaks my heart, I'm resigned to looking for a home for my lovely girl. Unfortunately her relationship with my bully boy youngster has deteriorated, and despite all measures I've put in place to help them, it looks as if mine just isn't the home for her. As she is such a brilliant cat, I really think she can give someone else an enormous amount of pleasure.

I feel terrible because I know there are hundreds more cats that need homes more than her, but I'm hoping that somebody might think she is a right cat for them.

Details as below:
- long haired black and white 'tuxedo' - with thigh high white stockings!
- around 7 years old - fine to live indoors, although I'd like her to preferably have access to a garden
- litter trained
- incredibly affectionate, loves nothing more than to doze for hours on people's laps, and doesn't leave clouds of hair behind!
- not a very fussy eater
- has always been healthy
- all innoculations up to date

Please let me know if any further details or pics are required, thanks.

Link to CatChat