Author Topic: adopting a cat from Cameroon  (Read 4433 times)

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
Re: adopting a cat from Cameroon
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »
Hi Sam (SamanthaCheryl)

Welcome to Purrs!  ;D

Not sure if they would rehome down to you as they do a homecheck. But just wanted to recommend Freshfields Rescue. Being a scouser myself thats where one of my girls is from and they are very good, and have some gorgeous cats in at the minute (I was there the other day taking some food and a little photo of Kiki to show them how well she is doing!).

Might be worth giving them a call.

ems
xxxx

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mikey
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 00:38:04 AM »
 :Luv:
Tiny has settled in very well, she is definately 'in control' of the boys!!! Rolo loves her very much and Banshee sees her as a playmate. She is always walking over my laptop and is responsible for the broken 'L' key, so on my posts if you gets loads of 'l's or even missing letters you know why!!! We love her to bits and will get some decent photos up soon.
sam and dave xxx

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 23:07:01 PM »
I am glad Tiny is happy, she is a lovely little cat  :Luv:.

Sarah

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 17:33:02 PM »
 :innocent:
hi all,
I did adopt Tiny the tortie in November, she is fine!!! At first I had some resistance from Banshee which was nasty but he calmed down after about 3 weeks. Banshee loves to play with both Tiny and his older brother Rolo. Rolo will adapt to any cat and Tiny gets on well with other cats, It was lovely to see Tiny spend her first xmas with us as Kathy told me she was badly treated in the past.
Me and the other half Dave, have looked at the amount of suffering out there and have done our sums. We can give a 4th cat a home and give it all our love. However, that is our limit. I love cats and its great to see them happy and contented in their home.
Im sure fellow members know what I mean! I will try and upload some pics of them but Im struggling....
sam xxx

MBll

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 00:59:24 AM »
This is a SCAM ....gumtree is FULL of these SCAM ads ...for dogs , cats, monkeys birds etc .    Some are advertised as free  others for adoption ....these animnals are   NON EXISTENT ....all they want you to do is send them your money for a promise  that the animal/bird will be shiped  out ....theres no animal/bird & you lose money.   

There has been a few posts on gumtree letting othes know of these SCAMS & few more posts from people that have tried to email the ones that have placed the ads stating that the emails have come back to them...that is beacuse the email is FALSE...& the phone numbers show are ethier mobile or overseas.    Im amazed that there are still folk that will fall for these ads.    Even a moblie number is suspicious

Any animnal /bird coming into this country will go into quarantine especially coning from cameroon...those who say this is not necessary is liying to you.

There are THOUSADS of animals in rescues in this country & still people willing to fall for SCAMS ads

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 23:04:38 PM »
 :evillaugh: Oh that's OK.  I have just sent you a PM telling you all about my furbabes! LOL (any excuse to talk about them)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 23:00:10 PM »
Sorry Sam - I meant the lady who originally posted (SamanthaCheryl) - I remembered the name of Tiny's new owner and that Tiny had gone to live in Bedfordshire in November.

Sorry for hijacking this (and not making a lot of sense whilst doing so!!). 

Sarah

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 22:39:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm the same person .... was "Tiny" with a foster Mum in Radford, Nottingham.  If so then yes it's me! LOL.

The lady I collected her from told me her name was Portia .... she has since been renamed Rossi and she has settled in very well.

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 22:31:33 PM »
Hi Sam

By any chance were you the lady who adopted Tiny the tortie from Kathy in November?   If so I hope she has settled, she was lovely  :Luv: I have Tiny's friend Fluffy - now called Nala.

Sarah

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 19:20:49 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and can only agree with what the others have said.

Go to the links box and click on Catchat and then get on theor map and find the area that you want to get a cat from. Thats a good strat point BUT most responsible rescues will not rehome a cat without a home check and if you dont live in the area where the cat is that could be a problem.

Gumtree and others similiar are nasty places ..........generalization I know but not the place to find a cat.

Out of interest why do you want another cat if you have 3 already. Will the resident cats like another cat in their territory?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 18:51:44 PM »
I can't believe these scams are still going on!! Going through Gumtree really isn't the best way to find your new friend, I do hope you can find one through a local rescue.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 18:39:37 PM »
Sam,

Have your contacted all your local rescues to see if there are any suitable kitties in your area:

click on the map to find your local rescues:  http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 18:34:08 PM »
 :Luv:hi,
thanks for the reply. i thought something was up myself but i needed to check it out.
im glad i did!!!
kelly, im in bedfordshire. Though I am interested in rehoming from the merseyside area 2, I know (being a scouser) they have a huge cat problem up there.
Many Thanks
sam

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 18:28:50 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

I agree with Kelly .... this is a SCAM!!!!!  I have heard to similar sorts of things when people have posted lost kitty ads on the internet.

Like Kelly Says there are hundreds ... if not thousands .... of wonderful kitties here in the UK that are desparate for a new loving home.  I would ignore this email and make no further contact with the sender.

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 18:13:02 PM »
I will absolutely guarantee that you will have to pay a fortune for this 'homeless' cat to get to the UK and the cat will never actually arrive - its a complete scam. There are thousands of cats here in the UK needing homes, your best bet is get in touch with a rescue - we at CAT77 have a number of cats looking for homes, but it depends on where you live.
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
adopting a cat from Cameroon
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 18:04:02 PM »
 :scared:Hi all cat chatters!!!
I have a dilemma that I hope you can help me with.
I have decided to adopt a 4th and final cat (honest!). So I placed an ad on gumtree to see if there were any unwanted souls out there that needed a home.
I got a bit of a suprise when a man contacted me from Cameroon saying he had a female cat that needed a home, I am very dubious about the whole thing and basically don't know what to do next. I questioned him about quarrentine and this is an except of his email:

thank you for the mail.you cats are not going to get through into
quarantine because they are having all their health papers and
international passports,cities permits and every little document that they
need. so those animals that pass through quarantine are those that do not
possess this documents.you just have to get back to let me know when you
will like to have these cats in your home.

What should I do here?

Link to CatChat