Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 1966 times)

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
Re: Hello there
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 23:10:26 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs

Another lovely tabby! I am owned by one as well. His name is Jonty.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 08:47:39 AM »
Hi Elizabeth and welcome to Purrs, and don't worry that Lady may have been afraid of the earthquake. We had one while i was living in New Zealand. At first I thought the dog was leaning against the sofa scratching, but then looked across the lounge room and both the dog and the cats were fast asleep through the entire episode  :rofl:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »
Did any cats behave different before the earthquake we had? I wasn't aware we had one until I read The Sun paper later that morning ;D With me being partially deaf also and already in bed when this happened, I wouldn't have heard Lady in the living room should she had. Everyone was talking about it at work, who come from Masfield, Kirkby-in-ashfield and Sutton-in-ashfield area  ;D

No, but Xanthe has enough attitiude to think she could take an earthquake on!  :rofl: Lady is a real cutie!  :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 06:06:38 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs....Your furbabe is beautiful!  :Luv:

Offline Elizabeth z17

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »
Did any cats behave different before the earthquake we had? I wasn't aware we had one until I read The Sun paper later that morning ;D With me being partially deaf also and already in bed when this happened, I wouldn't have heard Lady in the living room should she had. Everyone was talking about it at work, who come from Masfield, Kirkby-in-ashfield and Sutton-in-ashfield area  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 22:11:59 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs,
The highly addictive, ultra friendly, cat crazy forum.
I'm sure you will fit in well here!  :)
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline FrankNTessa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 21:18:49 PM »
Hello there and welcome even though I'm new ish too  :rofl: Your Lady is lovely and my boy Frank agrees

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:25:58 AM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D  This is a great site, and is veerrrryyyyy addictive lol  :evillaugh:

Lady is gorgeous, looking forward to hearing loads more about her soon  :Luv:  My boy is 10 this year as well, but he hoons around like a cat a third of his age most of the time  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Elizabeth z17

• Adult Cat
List of troubles
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »
 :innocent:  :) List of troubles Lady has got herself into since the time I've had her.
At about the age of 2 years old
1. Got her front right leg underneath her belly, and ended up walking around on 3 legs. Turned out she got a claw hooked into her tail  ;D
2. Did the above again the next day, but thankfully not since. :tired:
3. Her right leg ended up going right back upto her back ;D :scared: I had to get it to drop down. Was quiet for 5 mins after this, but fine after.
And just a few years ago.....
4. Swallowed a long thin piece of red ribbon :scared: ;D. After a trip to the vets for full check-up, she was given lactalose,and
 within a week it came out the other end without any complications. Vet never heard of anything like this in his career, ;D and in 13 years of me
 having cats she's the 1st. Whenever I let her play with a ribbon, its supervised from now on........ and no it wasn't that ribbon :rofl: she has a new one to play with.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 23:35:17 PM by Elizabeth z17 »

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »
Welcome to Purrs, everyone is lovely here and what a beauty Lady is :)  :Luv:

Offline Elizabeth z17

• Adult Cat
Hello there
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:59:24 AM »
Hello :welcome: my name is Elizabeth, and I have recently discovered Purrs In Our Hearts website, after following the link off Funky-felines co.uk. What I have seen of this website so far, I think is great  ;D. I shall be very busy though as I've not seen it all and will be looking around.

I have a female tabby cat called Lady. Lady is just over 10 years old. But looking at her when she is playing, she behaves like a 2 to 3 year old.  :rofl: Age is showing in parts, but she's not letting it get to her yet.

Link to CatChat