Author Topic: A frightening experience  (Read 1903 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: A frightening experience
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 02:57:07 AM »
So glad ended ok x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 23:52:50 PM »
The balls on my panic mice never get a chance to fray cos Sasa pulls them all off very quickly..........sigh

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 22:40:58 PM »
You know the fluffy ' balls ' that come with panic mouse / kitty go crazy, well those ribbons that hang off them fray and I only just managed to stop my second youngest from deciding to eat it like spaghetti.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 22:21:27 PM »
Katie once had a mouse on a string and I came in one morning to find the mouse in one corner and the pole in the other.... I never found the elastic bit????!!!! This was over a year ago so I don't think she swallowed it, but she hasn't had anything like that since - it was quite scary!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 22:02:49 PM »
I had a similar experience with one of those scratching posts that has about five stringy things on it.  One of the kittens got a claw caught and couldn't release and was screaming the house down.

I managed to get her free but it frightened Forest so much he turned into a bit of a wild thing for five minutes and sunk his claws deep into my leg - still have the scar today.  I won't buy posts with dabnglys on now or if I do I cut the dangly bit off.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 15:49:15 PM »
How horrifying for you!!! I have to say that most dangly things on cat trees seem to last about five minutes, they never seem to be fastened terribly well ... BUt probably a good thing, by the sound of it ... :scared:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 15:29:02 PM »
Im glad Bernie is ok  :hug:

I remove all dangly things just incase, it ruins their fun tho  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 15:25:50 PM »
Ahh poor Bernie and poor you  :hug:  Glad everything is OK and not injuries to Bernie.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
A frightening experience
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 15:22:57 PM »
The experience we had this morning is just a small warning/reminder to those of you who may have toys on string attached to your scratching posts.
Woke up this morning, made myself a brew and began to check my emails.  Eva and Bernie were chasing eachother around.  Then out of the blue there was a blood curdling scream.  I ran to the living room, curtains still drawn so it was still quite dark in there.  I could make out Bernie lying by the side of the sofa, he was screaming and growling.  I ran to put the light on, shouted on Graham, scooped Eva up as she was still attacking him as he lay.  Graham ran through and cut him free.  He had managed to get his leg tangled in the dangly toy.  I'd hate to think of the out come if both of us had been out at work.
I only have one fishing pole toy on string, which I always put in the cupboard when not in use coz I remember when Eva was a kitten and a similar thing happened but I never gave much thought the the dangly toys on the scratching posts.
Bernie is fine, but what a fright we all had.

Link to CatChat