Author Topic: Sooty - Gone 4 Years Ago Today  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Polly

• Adult Cat
Re: Sooty - Gone 4 Years Ago Today
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 14:20:43 PM »
what beautiful pics of your boys.

Think of all the good times you had together, all those special moments

Polly xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 16:24:40 PM »
What a lovely tribute, and fabulous pics  :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 20:25:54 PM »
What a lovely tribute to a lovely cat - pure blacks are hard to photo, but they are all stunning.
Please spay your cat

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 20:06:26 PM »
What a lovely tribute and a handsome boy he was  - RIP little babe  :hug:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 00:54:52 AM »
What wonderfully cute black cats  ;D

Sootys loss must have been devasting and I hope you playing hard on the bridge little man

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 22:54:12 PM »
That's a beautiful tribute to a beautiful cat.  RIP Sooty

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 22:28:36 PM »
Oh hunnie what beautiful photos and how very lucky you were to have such a beautiful and special kitty in your life.   I have read your tribute twice and keep looking at the photos and have tears in my eyes of sadness at your loss but also tears of happiness as I can see what a wonderful boy he was.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 21:55:15 PM »
What a lovely tribute to the two most beautiful black fur babies I have ever seen. How lucky they were to have been blessed with a lovely miowmy like you........ Such a tragic loss of another baby taken tragically too soon

Im sure sooty is playing happy at the bridge

sending you and Sweepy lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

cat man do

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 21:48:30 PM »
im so sorry.

I love black cats. He was gorgeous. such a cute face.

:hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 21:44:51 PM »
What a beautiful tribute to Sooty, Sylvia.

He was a very, very handsome young lad. So tragically taken. Forever in your heart  :hug:

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Thomas, Suki, Sweep, Tatty & Tabs
Sooty - Gone 4 Years Ago Today
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 21:41:37 PM »
It has been 4 years since our Sooty has gone.  Sooty and Sweep joined us from Cats Protection on 19th December 1997 when they were 7 months old.  They had been abandoned in a cardboard box outside what was then known as Petsmart.  When they were young, they spent a lot of time together – this is the first photo of that I took of them.  :)

Here are a few more that I took in the following months.

In these 3 photos, Sooty is the one on the left, Sweep is on the right.

They were full of energy and mischief, and I don’t think we have ever laughed as much as when we played with them.  They loved to play with the feather on a string, and The Stick Game.  This involved poking the feather-on-a-string stick under a lamb’s wool rug when Sooty and Sweep were on the other side, and they had to work out where is was going to come out, and to catch it.  You really had to be involved in it to know how much fun it was.  ;D

Both Sooty and Sweep grew up to be such handsome boys.  Sooty was always a Daddy’s boy, right from the very first time that we met them.  He followed Jim around, and loved to sit on his lap.

Sooty loved Christmas.  Whenever the Christmas tree box came out, he would always assist in putting it up, checking out the inside of the box, and when the tree was up, he always personally inspected the baubles.  Christmas hasn't been the same since he has gone.

In the following photo, Sooty was practising his  :innocent: look, something he was extremely accomplished at.

At 1 AM on 11th February 2004, we received a call from the police.  They told us that Sooty had run out in front of their car, and they could not avoid him.  :'( We threw on whatever clothes we could find, and rushed to where they said they were.  I remember us thanking them for letting us know, and Jim carrying Sooty’s body back home.  I can’t believe how calm we were, but inside I was screaming – and I still am.  I will never understand why he had to die.  He was only 6 and a half years old, and he loved to play.  He should still be with us now.

That was the only occasion that we had the time to show the body to the remaining kitties, and subsequently they all seemed to understand, and cope with the loss a lot better than we did, even Sweepy.

It was a while after we lost Sooty that I sent off a film to be developed, and when it was returned, it had the last photos that I ever took of him.  In the one of Sooty and Sweep together, yet again, Sooty is on the left, and Sweep on the right.

Sweepy, Daddy and I love you always Soots  :Luv2:, and we miss you very, very much.  I hope that Monty and Chloe are looking after you at the Bridge, and that they are letting you play to your heart’s content.  ;D

Link to CatChat