Author Topic: Home Available UPDATE  (Read 10768 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Home Available UPDATE
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2008, 22:53:18 PM »
 :( :( :( Ahhh poor Sky sending lots of love and get well soon vibes for her.

Come on baby you can fight it xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

MBll

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2008, 22:33:17 PM »
Were off to the vets first thing tommow canni wait till tuesday :'(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2008, 00:32:16 AM »
Mags, have you got a hot water bottle you can place under her?  I'm so sorry she's poorly and I'm praying that she'll be okay  :'(  Are you syringing her with water?  If you are, it may be an idea to dissolve the tablet into water and syringe it into her.  I'm surprised they haven't give a long acting jab, Convenia may have helped in this instance as it last up to 14 days but not sure if it can be used on rats  :shy: and although I don't rate it that much, Sean reckons it's had good results on respiratory problems so may be worth asking your vet  :hug:

MBll

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 23:50:44 PM »
A weee update on sky if anyones interested..........sky  has been here less then 3 months & at presant has  very bad infection & her wee chest/heart is pounding really bad & very noisy....shes been 3 times to the vet in a week & a half & if shes still here will be going back on tuesday.   Shes no eating  or drunk anything for 2 days & not moved much...trying to hand feed & get water in a rat is  bloody difficuilt.   Gettin a half a pill in her is impossible even when crushed up & put in a yoghurt.   

Poor wean has been cold to the touch &  cant settle to get rest or sleep as her chest & heart is pounding & i think im going to lose her.   Iv had her in me dressing gown most of the night & will be going to bed with her to try get some heat in her.

Im no sure what to do now?

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2008, 19:57:54 PM »
Aww so pleased you found one, I love ratties, we had a couple as kids I didn't realise how bonded they get, ours were sort of illegally rescued which means they were pretty tumour ridden bless them but they were fabulous characters, of course when one died the other followed soon after, even as a kid I understood it was from a broken heart what a shame I didn't know the importance of finding another friend for her  :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »
Any closer to introductions, RR? How's Spot and Newbie doing? (Does she have a name yet?)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

MBll

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2008, 01:54:39 AM »
Spot hasni seen her yet dawn, the wee thigns VERY skittish/jumpy & im just leaving her to settle in for a day or 2 then i TRY to handle her  :Crazy: shes no been handled by anyone as shes been pretty much ignored in the shop..as with all petshop animals etc.    i think the big worrry is intros as Iv heard others have had serrious injurys & death

I just hope that shes not another horror case as Iv had 1 before i couldnt handle & attacked anything that moves...thats the problem with factory bred furrys as a good lot of them have aggression

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 00:32:15 AM »
That's great news Mags  :hug:  What does Spot think of her or haven't they met yet   :shy:

MBll

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2008, 21:40:58 PM »
oooh how exciting ... when do we get to see a pic of the little girl?

When she comes out of hiding....................& would help if i had a camera lol

Shes a red eyed white ratty

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 21:37:52 PM »
oooh how exciting ... when do we get to see a pic of the little girl?

MBll

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 21:25:56 PM »
I now have a wee lassie ...got her today.  :-:

MBll

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 23:53:02 PM »
Im still looking .......unfortunately I missed out on a couple of girls from the not so local rescue but nearer then aberdeen or the ones down  in england lol  but there seems to be eiter no rats or just males.  The only girls i know of the now are in the petshop.   

WHAT TO DO ..WHAT TO DO ...WHAT TO DO ....DILEMMA...DILEMMA.   :-:

I know she needs a couple of pals & thou i have in the past looooong time ago got from a petshop they were a NIGHTMARE with health/beviour problems  being factory bred animals ......as i know more now then then  i wouldnt go to or  promote/encourage bsb or puppyfactorys so it should be the same with petshops.

MBll

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2008, 00:36:11 AM »
Hi den  thats been posted on FR & the rats are all down in kent ...abit to far again lol

I think Id be quicker getting a dog or another cat then trying to get a couple of rats :-:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 00:38:32 AM by RatiesRule »

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008, 21:09:35 PM »
Hey RR, get yourself over to dogpages ... in the other animals rehoming there are 12 girlie rats about a year old that need homes.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 22:07:33 PM »
He'll drive up have a cup of tea then drive all the way back home

:what:    is he mad lol
No just very Scottish. He says its the only place you can get a decent cream tea  :rofl:

MBll

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 20:21:52 PM »
He'll drive up have a cup of tea then drive all the way back home 

:what:    is he mad lol

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 18:24:34 PM »
 :'( It was only Males. The girlies went quickly, sorry.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 22:06:07 PM »
Also remembered my Uncle goes up to Scotland a lot (funny that since he's Scottish) He'll drive up have a cup of tea then drive all the way back home  :shocked: I'm sure I could ask him - depends if he's able.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 21:57:00 PM »
Devon...minor detail!!!     transport from aberdeen to glasgow is a problem & would say devon up to glasgow wouldnt be a minor detail? lol
LOL it's a minor detail because she helps with dog transports across the country. They don't stick to just dogs though .. I'm sure something could be worked out .. no harm in asking .. if this was 2 months ago I knew of a bunch of gorgeous ratties who needed a home  :'(

Actually just thinking, I'd have to ask but I'm sure in a week and a half it miiiiiight be possible to get them from Devon to Yorkshire without even trying .. that is of course if there are any. I'd have to do some asking around .. this is just off the top of my head.  Will know more on Wednesday and I wouldn't want to get your hopes up :(

MBll

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 21:47:22 PM »
Devon...minor detail!!!     transport from aberdeen to glasgow is a problem & would say devon up to glasgow wouldnt be a minor detail? lol

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 21:40:15 PM »
Just asked a friend and she might know of some rats needing a home. She's going to let me know on Wednesday. Problem is they are in Devon, thats just a minor detail though as I'm sure a transport could be set up.

MBll

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 21:29:08 PM »
Spot has taken a 'weee' bit of baby food now so its no much but better then nothing i guess and still not drunk anything yet?     :-:     

Still looking but only lassies for rehoming are  aberdeen, manchester, wigan down that ways & alone wee lassie in avon been in rescue since christams

Search goes on

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 20:56:38 PM »
Mags, I'm not sure if you've tried the link below, I've not had a proper look but apparently quite good

http://www.cavyrescue.co.uk/

also another lady sent me the following  :shy:

Hi Dawn

I don't have any rats needing re-homing, but did wonder if your friend might want to try the Bach Remedy for loss of appetite due to pining?  It's called Gentian and will be available in most health shops and even some chemists.  Bach remedies are very effective but quite subtle so there is no guarantee this is exactly the right remedy, but may be worth a try whilst the rat is alone.  Should she/he decide to try it, give them my email address and I'll explain the dosage.  They are harmless, but it's wasteful to use too much.  Hope this helps and the rat is soon eating again. 

The book 'Bach Flower Remedies for Animals' by Helen Graham and Gregory Vlamis is well worth getting a copy of, I use it as a reference guide a lot and have had some great results.

Thanks

Kerry

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 22:07:31 PM »
Sorry, that was a fairly long, random post! :)

RR, I've got to ask if you mind me asking on a forum for you? (Rules, apparantly.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 23:36:43 PM by JackSpratt »

MBll

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 22:02:51 PM »
 :-:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 18:31:45 PM »
I HATE to suggest this, because I don't agree with animals being put on Freecycle but have you tried on there? Femi (the rat I rehomed last year) was from my local Freecycle. She was supposedly unable to bond with females and now lives with a group of three!

I also have to agree with other comments on here. I've been to petshops in the past when I couldn't find companions for obviously unhappy animals. It's not ideal for us, but necessary for them. Although there was never a shortage of ferrets - when I lost Odin, the last of my "business" I called the rescue lady I got two of my three from. She symphathised, and then told me about a castrated male needing a home. Not in an insensitive way, I was quite flattered as she isn't the type to rehome too readily. I didn't really feel i could give him the attention and had to say no, sadly.

Anyway, back on track! I'm off to check random pages and see if I can locate a girlfriend for Spot!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 18:20:52 PM »
Don't know owt about rats, but I do have to say that if my animal needed a companion, while I would explore the ethical routes first and foremost, I would be reluctant to allow it to remain miserable because of my own principles, about which it knows nothing...

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 18:17:37 PM »
Awww, RR I really do know how you feel. I've had rats and ferrets in the past; both are massively companion animals and seeing them lonely is awful. I'll keep asking around.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 15:04:07 PM »
Not sure if anything can be sorted but I've put a plea out to see if I get any response re transport, or to see if anyone in that area may help  ;)

Modified to add Plea is now doing the rounds so fingers crossed someone can help.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 18:02:46 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 14:58:31 PM »
I did see 2 advertised in the pet shop window yesterday but even if I got them, it's a long way to come  :Crazy:   I would probably do as Dawn has suggested as well, I know the Pet Shop isn't ideal but maybe it could be lives saved and you know you would be giving them a good home and hopefully it will perk your little girl up  ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 14:53:39 PM »
it seems like you've tried everything - I know I'll be beaten up for this but maybe you should go to the pet shop

MBll

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 14:48:50 PM »
I know  MOST of you lot are NO WHERE near me BUT this is just on OF CHANCE ANYONE maybe know of something?

Todate unless I go to a petshop I cant find any girls, theres no been anything back from the private rehoming ads & transport is a problem from aberdeen & guess from manchester/wigan & down that way.  As i dont have trasnport my only option is train which im willing to do even thou Id be back up in the middle of glasgow at night with a tank full of rats ..which is a scary thought. 

Its now at the stage where spot has stoped eating/drinking as Iv been up after 2am trying to get her to take something shes no long had a tumor removed & now done her leg in, recovery whouild be a hell of a lot better with company.

To say im worried here is an under statement

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Home Available
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 22:16:59 PM »

Also, whats a fancy rat, do they wear bow ties?  :rofl:

Sorry but this made me  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hope you find a friend for your ratty soon Mags  :)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

MBll

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 21:21:34 PM »
Ta JS i have emailed her last night & waiting for her to get back to me

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 17:22:14 PM »
http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/98/20268698.html

Could you contact this lady and ask whether she'd be prepared to let you try one of this trio with your lonely girl? (I've had female rats that have outlived a bonded friend - it's really sad to see. :( )

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 23:31:20 PM »
Fair dos. Sorry it wasn't of more use, I was sent it via a PM on another site.

MBll

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 22:04:35 PM »
Hi JS the link states 'pet supply shop'  which will be factory  bred aniamls the same as puppy farming. The conditions even for furries are atrocious with many health & temperment problems. As a petshop  I dont beleve their claims  on 'home bred & ethical breeding'   

Their claim of 'Responsible Breeder's Code of Ethics' they adhere to is laughable as part of that is keeping in contact etc with the new owners of the aniamls they breed, that cant be done by a petshop as they dont nor willing to keep tabs on the aniamls they sell. 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 21:24:17 PM »

http://www.pawshereedinburgh.co.uk/

Been told this place has some rescues in - not sure how close it is to you though, RR.

• Purrrrrfect Cat

MBll

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Kelly, Im just outside glasgow going up towards loch lomond/trossachs.  have tried sspca but 1 centre wont answer the phone&  other centre has only 1 male.

Link to CatChat