Author Topic: INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CHRISTMAS AUCTION FOR RON  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CHRISTMAS AUCTION FOR RON
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »
Auction starting hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee at 1500 today so GET READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:37:21 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 23:35:05 PM »
OOOOOOO looking forward to it  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 13:04:51 PM »
Ok just hitting the media hype button for the auction ROFL

Roll up roll up read the info below and get your goodies ready for the start of the auction.

Any questions just ask :)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 12:13:17 PM »
Yay ..come on peeps can not wait :)
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CHRISTMAS AUCTION FOR RON
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 02:45:26 AM »
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GRAND CHRISTMAS AUCTION 2006 with all money going to Rons Rescue at Brighton- http://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk/

Soooo sad our beloved CC has will be shut down shortly.  :'(
I have been a member since feb 2004 and loved every minute on there, made lots of friends who are just as dotty on cats as i am. I am so devisated.

One thing i was very upset about was letting Ron down after i had emailed him saying this years auction was for him. He replied saying many many thanks as he has just lost his main fund sponsor. He gives so much time  and love to poor needy cats who would die never being loved or bebe still wondering round lost.

PLease help and support the auction. It will be great fun if we can get all our cc mates to join us and support Ron.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUCTION

The auction will start on  November 23rd  Thursday and close on  December 11th Monday at 1900 hrs which allows time for all payments to be made to Ron before Christmas and a quick sprint to the Post Office to catch the last of second class or first class Christmas post.

How to auction

All postable items can be put up for auction.  No items can be listed until November 23rd start date.
Everyone with items to be auctioned, please start a new thread under the Christmas Auction section (a separate new thread for each item).
The subject of the thread needs to be the item name.
In the message box you need to give a clear description of the item, with a picture if possible (items sell better with a pic!), the start price if there is one and any other useful information!!
It is suggested that where it is not actually a cat related item you come up with a witty way of linking it to cats.
Remember dear peeps that the aim is to sell sell sell..........ummmmmm did I steal that..............and get as much money as possible.

Last year the auctioneers agreed very kindly to cover the postage and packing costs of the items to be sent to the winning bidders. The P&P will then be added to the winning bid amount when the auctions close and this total will be paid by the winning bidder direct to Ron to add to his funds.
Please could you post on each of your auction threads the cost of P&P of the item.
Thanks very much.

Postage and packing rates  etc

Letter
Length:      240mm max
Width:       165mm max
Thickness: 5mm max
Weight 0 ? 100g                    1ST = 32p              2ND=23p

Large letter
Length:     353mm max
Width:       250mm max
Thickness: 25mm max
Weight 0-100g                       1ST =44p                  2ND =37p
Weight 101-250g                   1ST =65p                  2ND =55p
Weight 251-500g                   1ST =90p                  2ND =75p
Weight 501-750g                   1ST =131p                2ND =109

Packet
Length:     over 353mm
Width:       over 250mm
Thickness: over 25mm
Weight 0-100g                       1ST =100p                2ND =84p
Weight 101-250g                   1ST =127p                2ND =109p
Weight 251-500g                   1ST =170p                2ND =139p
Weight 501-750g                   1ST =220p                2ND =177p
Weight 751-1000g                 1ST =270p                2ND =212p

A certificate of posting must be obtained for any items where the original monetary value is under ?25 and it goes by letter or packet post. With a higher original monetary value or size putting it into a different category the P&P together with the cost of post office insurance to cover the value should be calculated, this is not much extra. Your post offices should be able to advise you on all aspects of this.

Rules for bidding

Once the auctioneers start threads with the auction items, the bidding can commence as soon as an item is posted. Of course you must bid higher than the one before  :)
The highest bid at 1900 on December 11th will be the winner of the item and all bidders undertake to pay the full amount immediately to Ron, and on receipt of the money the item will be dispatched first or second class immediately so that it arrives before Christmas, subject to any snail-like posties!

On December 11th at 1900 hrs when all the auctions end, there will be instructions on how to send your money to Ron and how to contact the Auctioneer with your address for your winning item.

At the end of each day Tan or Gill will summarize the top bids for each item and the current wining bidder in a separate summary thread.

Not only is this a serious auction for a great cause but it is of course total madness and we expect everyone to act accordingly,  so loads of fun can be had by all, I am not mad but she is!! 
Good luck to everyone, have a great time, lets see some great items up for auction and may the best woman win! Oooops did I say woman? I meant person , of course  ::)

Any questions ask Tan, noooooooooo ask Gill, well, whoever ! Our email addys are in our profiles if we haven?t deleted them from overuse  :o

Link to CatChat