Author Topic: ********STOLEN***********  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: ********STOLEN***********
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 21:03:28 PM »
This is a clear cut case of deception robbery. What's it doing on a rescue forum?  :shify:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 20:53:11 PM »
Oooo what cynics we are, but i totally agree  :evillaugh:

It is obvious that she has pulled this scam before so if you live in the Strathclyde area of Scotland and have a dog advertised DO NOT let anyone leave before you have received full payment - no matter how trustworthy they appear.

Thats the bit that annoys me  >:(

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 19:03:48 PM »
Obviously we all care about whether the dog is ok, but as Mark has said - would she have had any problems with the dog being taken if they had bothered to pay for it? I doubt it. She is only put out because she didn't get her money. If she had any doubts about their suitability as owners it is unlikely she would have released the dog to go to their car for the husband to see (a silly choice in anyone's book because the husband could have come in. In fact if she cared about the dog she would have asked that he come in so she could see how he intereacted with it .. sorry for the dog, but not for the previous owner ...

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 18:59:31 PM »
Sorry but agree with Mark 100%

Hope dog is ok of course

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 18:34:29 PM »
I can see the other side of it and the poor dog is probably going to an unknown, unvetted home - but having said that, the old lady probably would have been more than willing to hand the dog over there & then if the woman had cash.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline melysion

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 18:04:44 PM »
I agree the dog is probably going to be sold on by them and it's wrong to steal a dog like that but it's not the same as a poor old lady having her companion stolen - she was selling him - I don't agree with animals being sold.

What they are really concerned about is they have lost the financial value of the dog rather than the dog itself in my opinion.

Oh - hmmm, you are probably right.

I hope the dog will be ok

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 17:45:47 PM »
I agree the dog is probably going to be sold on by them and it's wrong to steal a dog like that but it's not the same as a poor old lady having her companion stolen - she was selling him - I don't agree with animals being sold.

What they are really concerned about is they have lost the financial value of the dog rather than the dog itself in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 17:52:37 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline melysion

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 17:10:03 PM »
Sorry but I don't have as much sympathy for someone selling their dog as I would for someone that had a beloved pet stolen.

But what about the dog?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 17:07:56 PM »
Sorry but I don't have as much sympathy for someone selling their dog as I would for someone that had a beloved pet stolen.

MBll

********STOLEN***********
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 16:59:01 PM »
http://www.doglost.co.uk/forum.asp?ID=12470

February
Taken from Doglost site: www.doglost.co.uk

This happened in Scotland to an elderly lady who advertised her 9 month old bulldog for sale in the local paper. The woman was subsequently visited by a woman in her thirties, approximately 5'6" tall, well dressed with blonde hair and what has been described as a "large mouth". She was well spoken with a Scottish accent, claiming to be an x-bullmastiff breeder from Airdrie. She was accompanied by a three year old boy and her husband who was in the car.

After 20 minutes the woman asked if she could show the dog to her husband and to show she was "genuine", left her handbag, two rolls of money which she claimed was £2000 in cash and placed her phone and her keys on the table. She left the house with the dog and was never seen again. The rolls of money were nothing more than cut up newspaper with a £20 note around each bundle, the mobile phone was old and switched off.

It is obvious that she has pulled this scam before so if you live in the Strathclyde area of Scotland and have a dog advertised DO NOT let anyone leave before you have received full payment - no matter how trustworthy they appear.

Bella is a 9 months old entire red and white princess She is not microchipped
Born 11 May 2007

CAN YOU HELP FIND HER? Local press have been informed If you have any information please contact:

• Son of Owner: steve.k.baker@btinternet.com or 07976558121 (retired Met Police Officer)

• Bulldog Rescue: bulldogrescue@btinternet.com or 0871 200 2450 (missing ref: 08/2)

• PC Scott Mclay at Strathclyde Police: contactus@streathclyde.pnn.police.uk (crime no: UA01590208)

For more info and regular updates please look on http://doglost.co.uk/forum.asp?ID=12470

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat