Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
Re: Hi
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 23:01:05 PM »
I've always loved cats but my OH wasn't keen until we stayed over at friends (over 300miles away) for a weekend who had cats by the time we left he was totally besotted and we now have two!

Welcome to Purrs! Your kitties are so precious!
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 18:10:38 PM »
sooooooo adorable  :Luv:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 17:00:40 PM »
Oh my goodness they are both just tooooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!! :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Fish out all the pics you can, we would love to see them all  :wow: :wow: :wow:

Best of luck for their op, too, keep us posted!!

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 16:38:08 PM »
 :welcome: CF

You will have loads of fun here and forgot what you ever did before you found us  :Luv2:

You boys are wonderful, hope they have loads of tales to tell us

Angie and Max Monster
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 15:10:24 PM »
I'm in love  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 15:07:14 PM »
omg gorgeous!!!!

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 15:05:51 PM »
Ah they're not long coated actually, bit of a shame I was hoping they would be as i love grooming but as dad was just the local Tom it appears he wasn't carrying the longcoat gene.  Harry is a bit fluffy but Charlie is as sleek as can be.

Anywho, just to whet your appetite here is my absolute favourite photo of them both, taken when they were around 12-13 weeks.

Charlie is on the left, Harry is on the right
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 15:06:38 PM by CharlieFarley »

Dark Moon

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 14:00:23 PM »
tip of the iceberg!  I only half remember a time when I (when on my own) had 1 (can't say 2 - we went from 1 to 3 within 2 months....). And I absolutely don't remember a time without cats. Blue Boy, my Mother's Siamese, came 6 months after I was born (were they disappointed with me?) so I have had them all my life. And added... always adopting, don't ya know. But the one thing I know .... they are the most magnificent creatures in the Universe. Not surprised you so readily succumbed. Glad you did.

And glad you found your way here. These are truly good folks with much wisdom and much wit. Enjoy! And  :welcome:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 13:40:46 PM »
Hi and welcome your kits sound lovely, I've got a white and tabby dlh so you probably have similar fur issues to me!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:17:53 PM »
Welcome, I also am very new to the site but have been made to feel so welcome I am sur eyouwill too and ask as many questions as you need - we all learn from each other. :welcome:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:40:49 AM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Its a great site so stumble upon, so enjoy  :wow:

Glad to hear your babes have won you over and turned you into what sounds like a great slave!  Can't wait to see piccies, we loves piccies on here  :Luv2:

Look forward to seeing you around the forum

xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:40:42 AM »
Hello Charlie.  Welcome to Purrs.     :welcome:    You'll love this site for all things cat related - everyone's really nice and friendly, and you'll find loads of good advice, "my cat does this" type stories and general good banter about all sorts.

Am so glad Charlie and Harry won you round.  I started off life as "not a great cat lover, really, if you know what I mean, like" and was soon disabused of that notion when we got our first cat (accidentally - waif and stray, only staying "til we find her owner, etc etc) and now, well I wouldn't be without them.

Have one ginger and white moggie called Paddy, and a beardie collie called Tess.  Can't wait to see piccies of your babies!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:39:57 AM »
Hi Charliefarlie, welcome to Purrs, we are looking forward to meeting your furbabes and glad to hear they are meeting their unmaker on Friday!  :rofl: There are a number of members here who have long-haired cats, I am not among them as I am too lazy to groom, lol

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »
Hi All,

Stumbled across this forum and thought I'd join!

I have my first 2 cats, white persian crosses called Charlie and Harry who are now exactly 5 months old, we've had them from 9 weeks and they were an accidental litter of a friend of mines.  I am, by my own admission, 'not a cat person' but our first house that we moved into in August 2007 is a tiny terrace and not big enough for the dog I want so my OH and I decided to get kittens (hes had cats all his life.)  Having lived with Charlie and Harry for 4 months now I can say I am a cat lover, they won me over within about 2 mins of being in the house!  :rofl:  Theres no better feeling when Harry bounds up with a greeting and licks my nose, or when Charlie arrives on my lap in the evenings to grace me with his presence  :Luv2:

As I say i've not had them long so expect plenty of questions!  Especially look forward to a jibbering wreck next Friday as thats when they're going in to be neutered  :(

I'll have a sift through my photobucket in a min and fish out some pictures - I have 100's so prepare yourselves!  :rofl:

Link to CatChat