Author Topic: Too clever by half....  (Read 2036 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Too clever by half....
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 22:52:11 PM »
Maybe they've put them in their jewellery box  :naughty: :rofl:

Sounds like you have a black hole in your house where everything disappears. I usually find things after I've bought another!

Mary

:rofl: :rofl: It wouldn't surprise me in the least - I think they're just enjoying watching my confusion as I rake around looking for them :-[ :evillaugh:

Mine used to go under the boxspring and hook the collar over a spring and back out, leaving the collar hanging out of sight inside the box part of the base.

Seems there's a real crew of collar houdinis out there - glad my lot aren't the only ones ;) :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 21:13:02 PM »
Mine used to go under the boxspring and hook the collar over a spring and back out, leaving the collar hanging out of sight inside the box part of the base.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 19:14:11 PM »
A Bermuda Triangle even  :rofl: :rofl:
[/color]

That's it Gill, I was trying to think of the name and I couldn't!!!  :-[ :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 18:57:33 PM »
A Bermuda Triangle even  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 16:10:32 PM »
Maybe they've put them in their jewellery box  :naughty: :rofl:

Sounds like you have a black hole in your house where everything disappears. I usually find things after I've bought another!

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 13:06:40 PM »
Strange they have both lost them, do they get out / anything new they could have gotten snagged on ?

They're indoor cats, so the collars must be around here somewhere. I'm suspicious because when Riley was a kitten he learned to scratch and twirl the collar so that the catch was under his chin, then get his mouth round it and bite down to release it. :shocked: He would then run off with it and stash it under the bed :rofl: He hasn't done this in over a year, but frankly I wouldn't out it past him :tired: I suspect they've just been playing rough and they've come off - Riley tends to "tackle" Skye by grabbing her by her scruff, so he might have bitten down on the catch and released her collar (she's never learned to get it off herself, unlike him).
The really baffling thing is I can't find them! Mind you, they are prone to playing with things like collars, and running about with them, so they may have been co-opted as toys and been dumped in a corner somewhere or under the bed :tired: :shify:

Max managed to get out of his new collar a few times as well the other week, not sure how!  He has a Kitty Collars one and the clasp etc is absolutely fine.

Maybe they're just telling us they don't like the colours  :evillaugh:

:rofl: you may have a point! They both just have plain blue ones, so perhaps I should get some collars more suited to their tastes! :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »
Max managed to get out of his new collar a few times as well the other week, not sure how!  He has a Kitty Collars one and the clasp etc is absolutely fine.

Maybe they're just telling us they don't like the colours  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:37:33 PM »
Strange they have both lost them, do they get out / anything new they could have gotten snagged on ?

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Too clever by half....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
Riley and Skye have worn collars since we got them (safety / snap-release ones, of course).....they each took a little while to get used to them, but adapted quickly and have been fine....but yesterday, I discovered Riley is missing his one, and try as I might, I can't find where the wee  :censored: has hidden it! :-[ As if that wasn't enough, today, Skye's collar has vanished, too, and is similarly elusive....I'm beginning to suspect a conspiracy :shify: :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat