Author Topic: I'm getting 2 cats!!!  (Read 2518 times)

Offline monstermom

• Adult Cat
Re: I'm getting 2 cats!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 14:05:42 PM »
aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww what a nice mom youll make. what about the brain damaged one? does he get on with the 2 your going to bring home?? it would be nice for him to go somewhere with other cats he knows if they like each other. i have 2 cats as well a 2 yr old and a baby. they have their own spaces to get away from each other if they want to. if you have a big enuff house im sure 3 cats wont be a problem and like you said they were all in a tiny flat before so your house would seem like a palace. LOL good luck with your new babies!!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 21:16:23 PM »
I have found a wood recycling place that are making me a natural cat scratcher out of a chopped down tree. They are only charging me £30 - 40 and it will be nice and natural for them. And it's environmentally friendly!

environmentally friendly??? " it was " till they chopped the tree down!!  :evillaugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

when do you get your master's ?? Mid Febuary???
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 17:00:55 PM »
I'm sure they will be just fine, they will probably love not having to compete with others for food and attention - I'm sure most peolpe will tell you there is always room for one more!

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 16:58:02 PM »
Yes, they have lived together - they are related. Not sure how - 21 of them living together in tiny flat so lots of interbreeding. I don't have any cats now so they will have the place to themselves. I would like to take one of their other siblings who is brain damaged and walks with his head on one side but I'm not sure my place is big enough for three! It's a big apartment, two storeys and two bedrooms and three bathrooms but don't want them to be too crowded.

I have got lots of ideas from here to make their indoor lives more interesting. And I've found this good idea for climbing. Check out the link  http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/pet-decor-2006-entries/my-designs-dreamy-cat-stairs-3-010732

Not sure if that link will work.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 16:39:11 PM »
have they lived together before or have you already got cats?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 16:33:09 PM »
Hi and Welcome to Purrs,

Can't wait to see pics of your new furbabes.  If they are timid the following link may be of interest http://www.wizz-catz.co.uk/timidcat.html

Glad you managed to find a natural cat scratcher .... I have been searching the internet and I must admit I was a bit stumped (this is a first for me!!  :rofl: as I can usually manage to find a website for pretty much everything!! I found lots in the USA and the closest I found in the UK was http://www.driftwoodsculptures.co.uk/visit.htm  :evillaugh: )

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 11:56:16 AM »
Thanks everyone.

I hope everything goes well with the operation so they can come home next weekend. I am spending a small fortune on stuff for them at the moment! My friends think it is hilarious. The sooner they are the better.

I have found a wood recycling place that are making me a natural cat scratcher out of a chopped down tree. They are only charging me £30 - 40 and it will be nice and natural for them. And it's environmentally friendly!

Anne

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »
Hiya Anne

A very warm   :welcome:  from me too

Pleased to have you on board
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 15:29:58 PM »
 :welcome: Anne
Well done on rescuing 2 needy babes, hopefully the time will pass quickly till you get them home  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 14:59:33 PM »
Aww, good luck with them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 00:57:14 AM »
hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs
good for you on taking two  ;D
I persuaded my sis to take two when she was only going to be taking one  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
and she has NO regrets in doing so  :)

cant help you with the scratch post though :shocked:
are there not any beachcombing joiners in your area ???  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :P
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 00:31:02 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I am sure the time will go in no time at all  ;D

If you are talking about Felaway, I would wait until they arriove and then see if you need it. I havent heard of cat trees made from driftwood , sorry.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 22:53:57 PM »
Hi Anne,  :welcome: to Purrs.

How lovely that you are taking the cats from rescue , You have to tell us more about them.How old they are and once you have them send us some pictures. :Luv:

Sorry i dont have any answer for you re cat tree but there are lots of people here who can help and in no time you get lots of information, people are really friendly and helpfull  here. 

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
I'm getting 2 cats!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 21:59:55 PM »
Hi

I'm Anne and am new here. I am adopting 2 rescue cats but have to wait 2 whole weeks as 1 of them is having an operation. I wish I could pick them up NOW, but it is best to wait to get them both at the same time. I am consoling myself by buying loads of things for them so I can be ready for them when they come home.

They are 2 of 19 cats rescued from very bad conditions in a tiny flat. One has an ingrown eyelash (the operation). They are quite timid and will take a while to trust people. They are okay being petted but don't really like being picked up. I can't wait for them to come home so they can get lots of TLC and develop a taste for the good life. (They will be quite spoilt)javascript:void(0);

Does anyone know if the Feli stuff would be a good idea to have when they first arrive? And does anyone know where you can get cat tree / scratching posts made from driftwood?

Anne

Link to CatChat