Author Topic: Penny's going on to Feline MD but needs to Gain Weight ...  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Penny's going on to Feline MD but needs to Gain Weight ...
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 16:38:36 PM »
Just spoke to the vet and she is going to do some research over the weekend and look up high calorie foods that I can give Penny alongside the MD, which wont over balance the diabetic side of things

Thats what i meant lol  im glad your vet is going to research  ;D
Sardines are lovely and oily, mine love them in tomato sauce but as that will have sugar in will probably be a no no.

Offline PennyLineker

• Adult Cat
  • Penny & Lineker
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 16:33:12 PM »
Just spoke to the vet and she is going to do some research over the weekend and look up high calorie foods that I can give Penny alongside the MD, which wont over balance the diabetic side of things.

Natalie (aka PennyLineker)

Offline PennyLineker

• Adult Cat
  • Penny & Lineker
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 16:28:38 PM »
I told the vet that she has always been a really small cat (she's 14 but still looks like a kitten size wise) and they have their food down all the time and just eat it as and when they are hungry.  Because I work full time I always leave them a bowl of dry food down and just given them whiskers pouches when I get home, which they dont always eat, they just nibble at it and then leave it and I end up throwing most of it away.)  I give them a tin of tuna every now and then as well.  Pehaps I should try them on some sardines as they are high in calories.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 16:11:32 PM »
The normal suggestions for weight gain may not suit her as shes having a prescription diet. They are normally fed alone to hopefully get the right results.
What does your vet suggest?

Offline PennyLineker

• Adult Cat
  • Penny & Lineker
Penny's going on to Feline MD but needs to Gain Weight ...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 15:56:41 PM »
and I have read that its a low calorie food.  Does anybody know what I can give her to try and get some weight on her?  Her food is down all the time and she just eats little and often.  The vet is putting her on this diet because she is borderline diabetic.  Any advice would be greatly received.

:thanks: very much.

Natalie

Link to CatChat