Author Topic: Neutering offer  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Neutering offer
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 15:45:44 PM »
The offer i am talking about is open to everyone. (dont have to be on low income)
I am in the Bromley area and you have  ring the local RSPCA lady, give her your details and then she gives you a ref number to give to the vets.

If anyone is in this area and wants to use this offer email me and i will give you her phone number
Offer is open until 15th dec

Offline rach

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 09:57:29 AM »
I totally understand that, Im just being a tad over-optimistic.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »
To be honest if people can afford the 'op' then really they should pay. Not being personal to anyone on here but if one can afford a new outfit, night out etc, then one should pay for the 'op' as that leaves the vouchers etc for the people who can afford none of life's luxuries. I question if they should have a cat or any pets as how would they pay vet bills etc but that is another topic. Although I do appreciate that peoples circumstances can change very quickly.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline rach

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 09:44:25 AM »
I have been looking for some kind of help in harrow, but to no avail.

I am not low income unless you take out my student and grad loans though :(

We have two kittens so its double trouble! We have already had them both to the vets 3 times each due to sickness aswell..

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 08:26:57 AM »
Cats Protection spent last year over ?2.000.000 on neutering/spaying and this year we have known of more kittens than ever.

When people ask me for a voucher, if I think they cannot afford the balance I ask if they will pay ?5, and if not offer to pay the full cost.

If someone does not use the authority I send (you would be surprised how many people ask for a voucher then don't use it them) I contact them after a while and offer to pay the full cost and transport if necessary.

When I hear of someone who has cats that need 'doing' I write to them and say we are targeting the area (I lie) and are offering free neuters/spays. Just to ensure they do not realize I am really targeting them I write at the bottom. If you have no cats please pass this on to someone who has. Sometimes I even send a letter to the neighbour or whoever advised me of the situation so if the person targeted tells them about the letter they too can honestly say I have received one too.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 23:31:08 PM »
Low income .... that's open to debate!  Personally I think I'm on low income but that's cuz I spend too much! LOL.

I can afford to pay full price so I think I'll leave the vouchers / discounts to those who really can't afford it.  I'm sure with all these vouchers and schemes somewhere along the line the charities end up subsidising it and making up the difference (it won't be the vets will it!) and I don't want to be a drain on funds.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 23:25:48 PM »
If you have Cats Protection vouchers you are SUPPOSED to be on a low income. However the vouchers can be used by any vet who will take CP vouchers.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 22:18:38 PM »
Do you have to be on benefits to take up these offers?  I've got to get Rossi done in the new couple of weeks and although I am happy to pay the full amout if I can get it cheap it would be good.

Also is this something that can be done at my vet (via a voucher) or do they have to actually go to the PDSA hospitals
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 20:14:28 PM »
Round here the RSPCA put everyone on to us who wants a voucher for neuters/spays. Although I understand they give a  ?10 voucher to everyone who has a kitten from them.

Offline Catwhisperer

• Adult Cat
  • LUVERLY LUNA !
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 19:43:42 PM »
Hi  Furbabystar, I have just checked the RSPCA website but couldn't see mention of this. I know the PDSA are doing low cost neutering at the moment ?9 & ?5 for spay & neuter. They also do microchipping at ?12 which is reduced to ?10 if done at the same time of neutering.
The dogs trust also offer free microchipping for people on certain benefits. Could you let me know where you live or where you saw this ? It may be helpful to publisice this in my area, Liverpool, if they offer it her.
Thanks Liz
LOVE IS  -  FURRY FACE RUBS !

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Neutering offer
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 19:16:54 PM »
Dont know if this is the same in all areas but the RSPCA are doing a neutering offer in this area.

They pay for spaying/neutering but you have to get cat/kitten mirco-chipped

Link to CatChat