Author Topic: update on Tigger--new thread  (Read 1684 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: update on Tigger--new thread
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 19:43:37 PM »
Sending you lots of positive vibes.  he's still eating and for a cat with a mouth tumour that has got to be a sign that he's not feeling too distressed

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 19:35:01 PM »
Oh dear it's awful when this happens.  We used to have a ginger tom that came in through the cat flap and beat my three up.  They were all petrified. 

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
  • R.I.P.Tigger Sept95--30/1/08-much loved & missed
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 19:31:51 PM »
well he's asleep upstairs at the moment, he's been srying to go out all afternoon, i did let him go but was very wary and watching for that cat, in the end i went and brought him in, he was just sitting on the fence but i did'nt want him to go off, and lo and behold, when i was getting the tea ready there was that cat strolling down the garden!!!!!
i ran out and screamed at it "GET OUT!" and it ran for it's life! lol

Meg has been very quiet today, she has'nt bothered with Tigger at all, it's as though she senses something is wrong, she useally torments him by hiding behind the door and jumping out at him!
he was on my knee earlier and he dribbled what looked like watered down blood, so i will see how he goes.

Chris.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 14:24:22 PM »
Another thing (that my vet told me) is that when cats are ill they know they are more vulnerable and this may be why he is hiding away.  I would see how he goes if he was mine as a visit to the vet will stress him further.  However, if you are seriously worried then take him.  Good luck and hug for you and Tigger

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 13:56:24 PM »
Chris you know Tigger better than anyone and I don't know him at all but from your descriptions he sounds like a fighter to me (no pun intended).  Put it this way, if he wasn't ill and had been out fighting then came back, ate 2 bowls of fish and flopped out asleep would you be worried?  I suspect not. Hiding behind the couch may be unusual for him but it doesn't necessarily mean he is suffering or that he has given up on life.  Perhaps he's just a bit shocked that the fight took so much out of him and wants somewhere safe to rest while he recharges his batteries.
I'm sorry I can't be more help. I know how frustrating it can be when people say you will know when his time has come and all you know for sure is that you are anything but sure.  Why not give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see. I can understand that you don't want your son's birthday spoiled but, lets face it, it will be spoiled anyway if you have Tigger pts today.

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 13:15:38 PM »
Tigger has no wounds on him, but he is sleeping a lot and hiding behind the couch--were he is at the moment, he was on my knee asleep but i had to get up and he went back behind the couch, Meg has'nt bothered him today, it's as if she knows!

i don't know what to do for the best? leave him to see how he goes on or take him to the vet now?
he is still eating and he has been out for half an hour this morning, but as i say he is sleeping and hiding, and it's my sons birthday tomorrow, he's 31, i don't want to remember his 31st birthday as Tigger being pts!

Chris.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 12:02:27 PM »
Poor Tigger and poor you - as if you didn't both have enough to cope with.  I don't know what to suggest to help but sending you both  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 00:48:04 AM »
Poor Tigger, isnt there a way you can stop them meeting up?

Just check he hasnt been bitten cos that will make him sick without treat ment.

Hope you feeling happier tomorrow Tigger  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 20:26:12 PM »
Oh dear I don't know what to say.  Poor Tigger.  Hope he soon gets over it.

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
    • My Pet Site
update on Tigger--new thread
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 20:24:43 PM »
Tigger is ok, he has been more lively today and eaten a lot, but he had a bad fight today with a cat down the road, it's always attacking him, but Tigger wont leave well alone!! they are like a red rag to a bull to each other, they hate each other!! well, it's really knocked the stuffing out of him, me and a neighbour managed to get them apart, he came in and had 2 bowls of fish and he has slept ever since.
this is what i don't want! we may only have him for a while longer and i want his last days to be peacefull ones, not worrying if he is going to meet up with this "horrible cat"!! this may move him on more quicker!! and now and again he is hiding away, which is what he did after the fight, he never used to hide away.

Chris.

Link to CatChat