Author Topic: The worst kind of fussy eater...  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: The worst kind of fussy eater...
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
i find very few cats that like Beef CC.
I am very strict I'm afraid, they get given food, and if they dont want to eat it, they dont get anything different till the next meal, not even Zi who is 17. They do always have dry down, and the other day when she didn't want what I had given her, she had to make do with the dry, I'm afraid I wont open lots of different things for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 00:23:42 AM »
But at least he eats it Suzanne - I just get the Look

It's very funny the way he eats it though.  Normally he empties his bowl in record time but if I give him something he's not keen on he will look at it for a minute then look at me as if to say "I've got to eat this??" then eventually he'll go back to eat it but he will deliberately eat it so slowly that I can be in no doubt what he thinks of it, and every now and then he will pause and look over his shoulder to give me a look of pure loathing  :rofl:  It doesn't happen very often cos he likes most stuff, but it is very funny when it happens.  He knows if he doesn't eat it up Mosi will get in there and scoff it.

ccmacey

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 00:00:27 AM »
I should be dead by now with getting them "looks" from my cats, I have 5 very fussy eaters, they will eat only Gourmet pearl, Felix as good as and thats mostly it.

They wont eat the beef pearl for some reason, anyone else find this.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 00:01:59 AM by ccmacey »

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 21:43:09 PM »
But at least he eats it Suzanne - I just get the Look

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 21:37:20 PM »
Several people have suggested that Madamoiselle Boopy takes advantage of me as apparently when she was on holiday with Alfie she wasn't fussy at all and ate anything and everything she was given. I'm sure she knows how guilty I feel that I only saw her once before the age of 11 months and that's why I do whatever she wants. We're going to end up with a house full of spoilt cats in a few years time if all my future cats work that out as well  :evillaugh:

I think you are very brave ignoring the look!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 21:04:41 PM »

Could you cope with Boopy giving you her look though? It's quite scary when she gives you the wild look. I'm not brave enough and just apologise to her and give her something I know she likes. Boopy knows that Bilbo and I are at the very bottom of the social structure in our house and that we will do exactly as she says.

Oh I know all about the look!  Once in a while Jaffa will fail to be impressed by the offerings.  He's too greedy to not eat it but he does eat it slowly and look over his shoulder while giving me 'the look'.  I'm immune to it.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 21:01:47 PM »
but can you resist the .... "my throat is so dry from lack of food" sad miaow?

Oh yes!  Just ask Jaffa - he's moaning in the cat's section about me calculating how many calories a day he needs!

That is a very sneaky catnapping plan Suzanne

Rumbled!  dammit!

Oh no! And I've fallen for it and offered to bring you Dinah!  :-:

(Thinks about the 6am pat, followed by the untouched plate of food, followed by 6.30am pat, followed by the untouched plate of new food....followed by the 7am pat...)

Here we come!
 :car:

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 20:57:07 PM »
I have 2 non fussy cats who eat what they're given.  I don't tolerate fussy cats.  I'll whip all your cats into shape if you like!  ;D  Just send them to me!

Could you cope with Boopy giving you her look though? It's quite scary when she gives you the wild look. I'm not brave enough and just apologise to her and give her something I know she likes. Boopy knows that Bilbo and I are at the very bottom of the social structure in our house and that we will do exactly as she says.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 20:54:28 PM »
Ahhh, but can you resist the "I am 18, if you don't feed me something I like within the next 5 minutes I might just keel over" treatment, accompanied by the croaky "my throat is so dry from lack of food" sad miaow?

Oh yes!  Just ask Jaffa - he's moaning in the cat's section about me calculating how many calories a day he needs!

That is a very sneaky catnapping plan Suzanne

Rumbled!  dammit!

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 20:46:50 PM »
That is a very sneaky catnapping plan Suzanne  :rofl: :rofl:  Wish IU'd thought of it

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 20:42:41 PM »
I don't tolerate fussy cats.  I'll whip all your cats into shape if you like!  ;D  Just send them to me!

Ahhh, but can you resist the "I am 18, if you don't feed me something I like within the next 5 minutes I might just keel over" treatment, accompanied by the croaky "my throat is so dry from lack of food" sad miaow?

If so  :car: here we come!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 20:34:06 PM »
I have 2 non fussy cats who eat what they're given.  I don't tolerate fussy cats.  I'll whip all your cats into shape if you like!  ;D  Just send them to me!

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 20:31:54 PM »
:evillaugh: I live in fear of buying in bulk!

Dinah had a phase of loving Iams senior - we ran out, I went to Sainsbury's...DISASTER, Sainsbury's had stopped stocking it over Christmas...I went to Tesco, Tesco were sold out...got to Pets at Home 5 mins before they closed and they only had 10 pouch packs but I had to buy one rather than starve our poor, sweet, elderly cat...

Can you guess what happened when I dished it up?

:censored: :censored: :evillaugh:

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 20:20:44 PM »
My kittens are obsessed with Applaws kitten so you can guarantee the minute I order them another tray of 48 tins they'll decide they hate it  :Crazy:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 20:16:44 PM »
Oh yes, I know this feeling.  Dear Ollie has now decided that Gourmet Pearl is revolting - it was OK on Monday mind you.  Now he can only Hi Life he tells me.  And anything that we are eating.  I think we have more selection in the cupboard than flippin Tescos  :rofl: :rofl:  I bet by Saturday he'll have gone off Hi-Life and then I'll have to guess what his lordship WOULD like.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
The worst kind of fussy eater...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 20:12:25 PM »
In our cupboard we have an Aladdin's Cave of cat-food to try and accommodate for Madam Dinah's fussy habits.  She usually eats one variety for weeks before giving us the "what is this filth with which you are trying to poison me?" treatment :tired:.

This time she has decided she likes one flavour in a variety pack of 4 flavours...

If anyone has a cat who eats any flavour of Gourmet Pearl Double delicacy *except* beef and chicken, would they like to swap cats for a couple of weeks?  :doh:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 20:17:35 PM by Baggy »

Link to CatChat