Author Topic: Pickford has lumps!! Cross Posted from CatChat ... any advice?  (Read 2364 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Pickford has lumps!! Cross Posted from CatChat ... any advice?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 13:21:43 PM »
Thanks for the update Pickers, you are a very good boy at the vets  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »
Thank you for the update Pickford.  I am very impressed with how clever you are using the computer and how brave you have been at the vet.  Good luck

Offline pickford

• Adult Cat
  • Hello Pickford here, that's me that is.
    • Cat Chat, the Cat Rescue Resource
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »
Hello!
Well I went and saw the vet yesterday - the best vet too, she's my favourite (I think I'm hers too), anyway I've got the folks to stick it all on the diary, if anyone's interested.
But it's all Ok, well 'cept that I've got to have the little weeny lump off me belly (but I go back next week to have that poked again first) . They want me to have a couple of weeks between the last time they did the anaesthetic thingy, so I s'pose it won't come off til next week.
Thanks for all your help! Oh - here's the diary (and it's got me new photo on!) - http://www.catchat.org/diaries.html

Love & Force-ten headbumps
from Pickford (the Brave)
xxxxx
Wotcha!

Offline pickford

• Adult Cat
  • Hello Pickford here, that's me that is.
    • Cat Chat, the Cat Rescue Resource
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 21:21:03 PM »
Hello,
Thanks loads for all the help, suggestions and support!
The folks have all these things written down now to ask the vet. I'll let you know how I get on!

Love & Headbutts from
Pickford (the Brave)
xxxxxx
Wotcha!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 21:41:36 PM »
I've posted a reply on Catchat but I just want to send a healing  :hug: to Pickford and the folks

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 20:09:39 PM »
There is a possibility that the 2 lumps are totally unconnected !

tell me has the original lump only been drained or has it been operated on to totally excise it & the capsule its obviously contained in ?  Often cyst type things will recurr & recurr unless the capsule can be removed, is this possible ?   

Again if the lump on his tummy is small enough to be removed then go ahead and do so & have them sent away for histopathology & that way you will know exactly what cells are there, the probably reason for it, the likely hood of recurrence & the margin of excision, this is what i'd do anyway.

What did the results of the fluid that was sent away come back saying ?  did they identify any of the cells ?

Please give pickford a big cuddle from me X

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 19:07:28 PM »
Sending dear Pickford lots of anti-lump vibes  :Luv:  I read about them on the diary, I do hope its just harmless cysts  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »
Cysts are the only fluid filled lumps I can think of, but surely the vets would know if they were. i would ask what they tested the fluid for.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 06:11:05 AM »
LOL

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 23:14:20 PM »
Maddie he was called spare cat when he was still a stray but after he got brave and moved in he was called Pickford  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 21:50:31 PM »
No advice to offer but wanted to send good wishes for Pickford (lovely name)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 21:43:34 PM »
yep that is another possibility. I would have expected them to say though, rather than imply it was some mystery process, is all ... :Crazy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 21:41:19 PM »
They did send it away bc and he now has another lump on his tummy.

I reckon it is a cyst and prob so is the other one. Ususally they dont drain em unless they get infected, so maybe thats what is in them before they get infected?

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 21:26:22 PM »
clear gooey liquid, arthritis - sounds like it is joint fluid to me as a best first guess. But surely the vet would have sent a sample off to have it analysed to see what it is. Sounds to me like he has injured the joint somehow, with the result that it is over-producing fluid but the injury means said fluid is leaking under the skin instead of remaining captive in the joint - hence the arthritis as there is insufficient lubrication at the joint. But without analysis that is just a guess...

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Pickford has lumps!! Cross Posted from CatChat ... any advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 21:22:27 PM »
Many of your will be aware of Pickford from CatChat Towers.  Well he has a lump and is asking if anyone has any ideas on what it might be:

http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/18/69930.html?1200690868  (there is a picture here).

This business with the lump on my leg is getting all too confusing now, and the vets don't seem to know the answer, so I thought I'd throw it open to the forum - any clues appreciated!

In the beginning – I got this goo-filled lump on the top of my front leg – well they drained out all the stuff (gooey clear stuff, no poison, just clear gooey stuff), and they sent some of it off to somewhere to see if it was anything nasty, but thankfully it wasn't. The ‘best guess’ then was that it was fluid from my joints, maybe like if I had a damaged one or something. Then - I started limping - sometimes quite a lot and sometimes not so bad, but my folks thought it was to do with the lump - which had come back again.

So, last Monday I went in and had an x-ray and they drained all the gooey stuff out of the lump again too – well, they hoped that the x-ray might show where the liquid was coming from, but it didn’t – it just showed I had arthritis!
So they reckoned that my limp was because of the arthritis, not the lump. But they still didn't know why I got the lump back.

So anyway, the lump is already back again (yep, third time), all liquid-y like before, and this morning whn I was getting fussed, one of the folks noticed a smaller lump on my belly (I hadn't even noticed that one!), it wasn't there before though, I know that.

So anyway, they're taking me back to the vet Monday, 'cos I've got to have the couple of stitches out that I had last Monday, so if anyone has any clues about my lumps before then, please bung it on here! I don't want to be down the vets every week having me lump drained now do I? And if the goo is coming from my joint, won't that make my arthritis worse? And what about the smaller lump on my belly?

Sorry to go on.
Anyone got any clues?

Love and force-ten headbutts
from Pickford (the Brave)
xxxxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat