Author Topic: Tigger not well again!!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Tigger not well again!!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 22:48:13 PM »
Thats good and hope Tigger will continue to eat straight from fridge  ;D

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
  • R.I.P.Tigger Sept95--30/1/08-much loved & missed
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 22:43:17 PM »
well---you wont believe this! but Tigger has just woke up and eaten his fish with the tablet in it!!! :briggin:
what i did was---when he would'nt eat it befor i put it in the fridge because i read on a thread on here earlier, so they can't smell the tablet put them in the fridge as if there cold they can't smell them in there food!
so what i will do now is,leave the vet for now and see how he gets on with them tomorrow!!

Chris.

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 21:58:42 PM »
Tigger has slept all night and i have just left him alone.

when we saw the vet last week [he is more experienced!] he opened Tiggers mouth no problem and he showed me what it was like and he said it was clearing,and to me it looked like it was healed, but this girl vet---well, what i can i say--to me she was hopeless!! she could'nt even get him out of his carrier properly! and as for opening his mouth [thought vets were trained for this?] she was trying to prise his front teeth apart, and when she did eventually open it--just a "little bit", she peered inside! what the hell she could see i don't know!! she said he had a bit of food stuck, and stuck her finger nail in his gum, it made him jump! poor thing!

i would go to another vet but this one is handy as i don't have transport.
i am going to have to tell the vet that i really can't afford to pay anymore bills! it's getting a bit much now.

something similar happened with another cat i had some years ago, he was having treatment and i was paying out, but he had to be pts in the end.

i am going to the vets tomorrow--leaving Tigger at home----to tell them i can't get these tablets down him and if there is anything else besides tablets---but i am not paying out for more!!!!

i will let you know how i get on.

Chris.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 19:45:47 PM »
Oh sorry is it dental infection, I mixed this up with another cat.

Just to say that he will fight then against tablets cos his mouth is sore.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 19:47:05 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 19:40:39 PM »
Sorry Tigger isnt better   :(

one vet has said--yes, it's getting better, and this week another is saying he isn't!!!!
i'm begining to think they are just getting money out of me!!!! one says one thing and another says different.
Thats what i thought when they had you going back and forth and only giving 4 days of antibiotics for a badly infected hole   :um: :um: :um:

Ask if you can have antirobe, these are easily mixed into food unlike some tablets. If youve got metronidazole he deffo wont eat them!  :sick:

Convenia not much good for dental infections  :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 18:57:48 PM »
They can smell tablets in food at 100 paces!

I wouldnt stress him and I would ring the vets and ask to speak to the senior vet. Tell him who you have seen and that you are getting opposite answers and also antibiotics have been prescibed but you cant get them into your cat.

There are long acting antibiotics injections, last about 48 hrs and also one that lasts 2 weeks but is only useful for certain things and this maybe one of them. Its called convenia.

Sasa recently had the two week one cos she had been bitten by another cat and it takes a couple of days for it to kick in.

My old cat Kocka could not be given tablets and often had a couple of the shorter lasting long injections.

If you are really not happy with the vets then its time to look for a new one.

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
    • My Pet Site
Tigger not well again!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 18:49:14 PM »
Took Tigger for his check up on Monday and it was a different vet--a young girl--and she said he still has puss!! and has given him more antibiotics, and will he take them? no he wont!
i've tried different ways and no way is he having any of it!! i am at my wits end here!!!
i've tried and tried to give him the tabs but he is struggling so much and he's getting his claws out to scratch, he is getting very stressed over it, i've even crushed them up and put them in fish--which he loves--but "no"!! won't even have that!!

one vet has said--yes, it's getting better, and this week another is saying he isn't!!!!
i'm begining to think they are just getting money out of me!!!! one says one thing and another says different.

any advice please?? i'm desperate!!!!

Chris.

Link to CatChat