Author Topic: How many cats LOVE their tummy's rubbed ?  (Read 5131 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: How many cats LOVE their tummy's rubbed ?
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 10:48:03 AM »
This is our daily chore  :tired: :evillaugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
Lukey is the king of tummy rubbers, he literally collapses in front of you thudding down onto the carpet almost like he's been shot  :evillaugh:  Riley likes it too but he prefers it when I sling him over my shoulder so he's laying on his back, back feet at chest height and the rest of him arched over the wrong way draping down my back, the spare hand is for patting and rubbing the tummy vigourously  :Luv:

This is what I'm forced to rub EVERY day, it's so stressfull  ;)

You shouldn't post photos like that, when me the tummy muncher is about. ;D

Thai & Zubin love their tummy rubbed, any time any where. Zebedee Boo, depends what mood he is in and who is watching.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 19:24:10 PM »
OK Cody is getting worse coz he is flopping onto his back on our feet and just stays their with his feet totaly straight up in the air till we very roughly rub his tummy..lol M is complaining coz its making him run late in the mornings  :rofl:

Specialred..you sure he doesnt mind coz he dont look very amused on that pic  :evillaugh:

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 18:58:11 PM »
I have a foster that takes it one step further!! She loves belly rubs, then headbuts you with her face (you do have to watch your eyes!!), and when you pick her up, her paws go round your neck like she is giving you a hug!! Am doing well with having fosters who like it. George shows his belly lots, but is a bit skittish when you approach him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 18:06:43 PM »
Shanti hates it and bunny kicks at best if you try!  Meesh rolls over sometimes and enjoys a good tummy stroke though :)  Sabby is the funniest - like last night, there he was flat out on his back fast asleep and, well, you know, it's hard to resist isn't it?  When I start rubbing his tum he stretches out even more, purring like a tractor, and gets full-on 'curly paw' syndrome .. until ooops!  he fully wakes up, realises what's going on, and sits up all of a sudden and frantically starts cleaning himself!! "You didn't think I actually enjoyed that, did you?  Well, I didn't - honest!"   :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 18:07:19 PM by Catjane »

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 16:48:18 PM »
Archie does not like to be touched anywhere else. He rolls over for a good tummy rub :evillaugh: :Luv:

Offline Kats inc

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 16:43:27 PM »
Maddie is raising her paw in the air  :Luv:

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 14:49:32 PM »
He doesnt mind.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »
Max likes tummy rubs, he'll flop down at the top of the stairs when we come in demanding cuddles.  If he's chilled out, he also lets you blow rasberries on his tummy or lots of kisses  :Luv:

He'll only tolerate it for a while though before head/hands/arm gets a bunnykicking frenzy  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 00:22:59 AM »
I bet lol................why cant I get nice clear close ups like that

That was taken on my phone!  He's just super photogenic  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 00:16:56 AM »
I bet lol................why cant I get nice clear close ups like that

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 00:06:30 AM »
Lukey is the king of tummy rubbers, he literally collapses in front of you thudding down onto the carpet almost like he's been shot  :evillaugh:  Riley likes it too but he prefers it when I sling him over my shoulder so he's laying on his back, back feet at chest height and the rest of him arched over the wrong way draping down my back, the spare hand is for patting and rubbing the tummy vigourously  :Luv:

This is what I'm forced to rub EVERY day, it's so stressfull  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 22:39:45 PM »
Well Sasa is same as Toby and Lexy  ;D

Franta a loves it and will roll on his back and then I am excpected to know what he wants, chin stroke, tummy stroke or under the arms tickle, and if i get it wrong he will catch hand and move it to place he wants  :rofl: :rofl:

Ducha is a bit shy but he doesnt mind and Misa does not mind so much but just tends never to be in the right position. He is woried he may have some tangles and I may get out the comb  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 22:24:18 PM »
Lexy loves to expose her belly for visual admiration....but try to touch it...say bye bye fingers, hands and arms, nice knowing you!

Ah yesssssssssss, Ruth... Toby does exactly the same as Lexy.  :evillaugh: Pearl on the other hand, loves having rasperries being blown on her belly.  :Luv2:

ccmacey

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 22:23:11 PM »
3 out of 5 for mine. Ollie and Lyla will have your hand off.  :evillaugh:

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard & Chugnut
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 22:21:57 PM »
Custard loves a tummy rub and will collapse in front of you in hope of one, often nearly tripping you up in the process. If you ignore he she twists and turns until you give in  :Luv: Smeagol offers him tum from time to time and will often roll over if you start fussing him. Batfink isn't keen at all sometimes but quite likes in other times. If you go near Marmite's tum she will give you a warning growl, then well, you're toast! Milo the kitten thinks everything is a game so just 'gets' your hand back. When he's all tuckered out he likes a rub though  :Luv2:
Clare and the furry hoard, Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Chugnut xxx

At my Mother's: Amber and co.

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 22:16:13 PM »
Meeko hates it, at all times. He'll wrap his paws round my wrist and bite me. Tigger doesn't seem to like it much but licks me instead of bites. Belle gives me the bunny kicks sometimes if I try, and Daisy doesn't seem bothered one way or the other!

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 22:09:37 PM »
Ging doesn't mind having his tummy rubbed but when he's had enough he'll let you know by gently biting your hand :shify:

Grwndi ain't keen on them,doesn't bite or anything,just when you touch his tummy he'll get up and move  :evillaugh:

Rameses sees tummy rubs as a change to eat and beat your fingers,but then he's only 8 months  :evillaugh:

Our bridge babe Pwt loved to expose her belly but if you got up to rub it she'd run off,she was such a weird cat,she hated being held and anybody grabbing her,she would only like head strokes and behind the ears rub :Luv2:
Love me,love my animals.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 21:55:05 PM »
I Can occasionally rub and kiss Molly's belly, but not really through her choice, just her laziness!! Felix was wonderful with it, couldnt pick him up, but loved belly rubs, and Marmalade loves them. Zia will tolerate them for a couple of seconds, and Rolo is a bit indifferent to it really.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 21:20:21 PM »
 :evillaugh:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 21:19:05 PM »
Binky would let you do anything - such a softy he was! Xanthe likes it on her terms occasionally, she even let me blow raspberries on her belly once or twice but you have to be sure she is in the mood or she'd have your hand / face off in a flash!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 21:14:58 PM »
Lexy loves to expose her belly for visual admiration....but try to touch it...say bye bye fingers, hands and arms, nice knowing you!

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 20:58:16 PM »
Jet (angel) would have our hands off for trying. she would snooze on the bed leaving her tum exposed to temptation and would claw us if we tried.
Garfield will let you stroke him and then taps your hand with his paw to divert attention to his tum, he's so furry his tum almost hides your hand.
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 20:56:06 PM »
Marco does the running ahead and rolling on to his back for a rub Polo occasionally likes a rub and Stig is starting to copy Marco but he can still be a bit nervous at times
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 20:52:25 PM »
All of mine hate it  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 20:26:41 PM »
Oliver sports that tummy to kill not without a reason, he revels in getting it rubbed and caressed, he would lay with me on bed all stretched out on his back and go prrrrrr prrrr prrrr for a loooong time, sometimes for the entire length of a film that we are watching at that time while I massage his tummy. :Luv:

Occasionally though he could suddenly switch into a playful mode and start nipping and bunnykicking at my hand too!! :Crazy:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 20:19:46 PM »
Both mine do too, although Sooty (RIP) definitely didn't like it.  Milly particularly enjoys being brushed on her tummy, she rolls right over and waits  :wow:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 20:12:01 PM »
Yup - both of mine do.  Although Mosi does see a tummy rubbing hand as a potential toy and tries to play with it  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
How many cats LOVE their tummy's rubbed ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 20:08:22 PM »
Cody does, in fact he runs over and throws himself on his back at our feet with 4 legs in the air for us to give him a belly rub & the rougher the better !!   Far more like a dog than a cat although my other 2 would put up with that at a push but not particularily enjoy it whilst my previous cat would have ripped my arm off at the socket if i'd even thought about touch his tummy as would many other felines i've met.

What about all your cats, do they like this or not ?

Link to CatChat