Author Topic: Tiger  (Read 8376 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: Tiger
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »
Indeed !
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »
It could, but I wont be getting my hopes up. The important thing is that she is happy, and not pushed into things, so I will take whatever she can give.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2007, 01:42:42 AM »
It sounds like Tiger is doing very well, just time like Shadow.  ;D

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 23:23:31 PM »
You never know Des it could happen !

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007, 23:13:55 PM »
I know!!

ACtually the main reason for being tempted (apart from she is the right age and a tabby, I did want another tabby at some point) is that she cried all the way to my house, she had been with her owner since a kitten and at 13 her whole world had been turned upside down. I knew from teh start that I was going to be able to do more than her owner did. She isn't good with most people either, she has scratched my bro and sis (but that was there own fault for ignoring the growling), and runs away from some people - I can read her well enough not to get scratched now though. She takes over my sofa all the time - if I am lucky, she will sit on the 'bed' I made her, but as soon as I get up, she pinches my spot, so I either sit on the other sofa or on the floor!!

IT would be lovely - I can't see it personally, but she is getting better, and allows me to give her more kisses now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 23:19:31 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 22:10:01 PM »
Any excuse to slob out on the sofa Des lol ..

She is gorgeous i can see why you were so tempted to keep her and it is great to see that she is already planning her take over operation of the sofa ..of course making it seem as though she is just being frendly  :rofl:

Seriously though i am sure that before you know it she will be all over you and you will have a real softie on your hands !

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 21:45:30 PM »
WE had a good night last night - if I get on the sofa first, take up all the space and put the blankie over me, she will sit against me!! She did put two paws on my knee and then retreated quickly!! So, all i have to do is lie the full length of my sofa with the blankie over me every evening, and she will join me then!!

Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 13:55:06 PM »
Not sure if she will think she has stability with fosters coming and going!!! But it will be good to see how she develops,
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 13:21:47 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how Tiger develops with stability, love and attention.  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 07:56:09 AM »
YEah, it just isn't normal for me. I have, and I do seem to have a knack of ending up with cats that have health issues, but there is obviously a reason for it. I should

Not sure about that - Tiger chased Molly up the stairs this morning!! But on the whole, they both have their own space and dont come into much contact with each other.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 23:08:22 PM »
Some days are so hard and you have had a lot of cats that needed you over the last few years. Yes you should remember that cos nobody else would probably have taken them and they had a wonder home while they were with you.

I am sure That Molly and Tiger will settle down and you will be a happy little family  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 22:39:53 PM »
I hope so - just taken the memory card out of the camera to take a pic of Molly using the internal memory, and the only pic that was on there was one of Ginger, not sure when it was taken, but it was a relatively recent one. Jsut what I needed when feeling emotional - the fact I have had 7 oldies in just over 4 years is rather bittersweet, as only 2 of them are still with me. With some of the health issues we have dealt with though, some might have either not had a home, or not as long in one otherwise, I have to keep reminding myself of that.

I do hope she will be happy here, and at least she is getting love and attention, which she seems to have been lacking before coming here. She has been funny though, I have been trying her on new food now she is mine, she is a really fussy cat when it comes to wet senior food, and doesn't like HiLife either!! Put down Whiskers senior supermeat and she barely touched it, so I gave the rest to Molly - so Tiger wandered up and nibbled on it!! So I gave her a different flavour at tea, and she did exactly the same!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 22:32:43 PM »
Ginger and pebbles would be proud of you Des and just think how happy Tiger can be now she has a permananent home x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 22:02:21 PM »
She is insured - £6.99 a month, and the cheque has been sent to the rescue. Bit of an emotional day today, I had to write the banking slip to put the insurance chq in my account, and it reminded me that the only reason I can officially adopt her is because I have lost both Ginger and Pebbles. She is my 8th permanent cat in 4 years and 5 months (I worked things out earlier!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 09:57:03 AM »
Welcome to your 'official' new home Tiger  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
Cheers Gill - I hope Tiger will be happy here. Will be sorting out her insurance today, and then in a couple of weeks, she will be having a full blood test done to make sure she is perfectly healthy.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 23:43:09 PM »
Welcome Tiger you have a nice home now and a real slave and she is very special  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 21:09:48 PM »
Cheers!! IT is ironic that it has happened today, as Pebbles would have been here two years today, but I am sure she would be happy.
Please spay your cat

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 19:23:50 PM »
congrats! How wonderful you all have each other now! hugs & purrs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 10:55:29 AM »
Yep, Molly and Tiger are mine.

Kelly has signed the paperwork, so Tiger is officially mine now - first cat I have actually paid for, but I now know just how much money a rescue spends over a year. I did forget to buy her a special tea though, and she is being a fussy eater at the mo - she will only eat Whiskas senior, wont touch HiLife, the little madam!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 19:05:58 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 16:28:24 PM »
So have I got this right your cats are Molly and Tiger or have I missed someone LOL

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
Well, Pebbles insurance money came through this morning, so I can officially adopt Tiger - am hopign to see Kelly this weekend to sign the paperwork for me!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 13:44:57 PM »
Well, we have had a good start to the new year - I was laid on the sofa watching TV, and she wanted to sit on the sofa too, so she jumped up and curled up against my legs!! And then stayed like that till i moved, 2 hours later!! Last night she just looked at me in disgust for not moving and found an alternative seat!! She has been here since the beginning of August, it is the first time she has sat that close to me.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 19:36:29 PM »
Thanks Christine. She was still limping when I put her in the carrier, but was fine at the vets!! Vet gave her a shot of Rimadyl and for me to monitor.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 16:33:31 PM »
Just caught up with this and sorry to hear that Tiger is limping - I hope it's something simple. But delighted to hear that she has found a new home with you, Desley.

Animals know what a person is like, definitely. We were walking beside the river today and a cat came bounding across from one of the gardens just to have a miaow and leg wind with my OH - I think cats (and dogs) see the equivalent of a neon sign above his head saying 'I am a Softy'  :rofl:

Anyway, back to Tiger - let us know how she gets on today...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 14:57:06 PM »
Tiger is coming to the vets with me later, she is limping on her left front leg, and she wont let me touch it (which isnt that surprising) - would normally monitor a bit longer, but am going tonight anyway, so no point going again tomorrow if she is no better!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 13:45:35 PM »
Yeah, i think they do too. We have play sessions every day - and last night, she seemed to be watching Shadow sat on my knee quite interestedly (mind you, she has pinched my sofa!!), it would be so wonderful if she would sit on my knee, but as long as she is happy, then I dont care where she sits - she isn't excellent with other cats though, but they all seem to just find their own space.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 13:40:44 PM »
I think they know ya know. I sure cats have a way of feeling what that person is like so know they won't hurt them. Reckon you have the same "ora" as St Francis (patron st of animals" Des. They know you love them.  ;D ;D
It's sooo good to hear you say she's playing and purring. Makes ya heart leap knowing she got a wonderful home and mum.  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 13:31:25 PM »
She is sooo loved already Tan, and I think that is one of the things that is making such a big difference - I think when her owner said he couldn't stroke or brush her, it was more the way he was towards her, she isnt a truly untouchable cat, and hasn't been since I first met her (unless I have such a way with cats that I can convince an untouchable cat to be picked up, put in a carrier and then allow a fuss, which I doubt!!). Still grumbles at being picked up, but she does allow me to do it and kiss her (although I have to watch kissing her, as she does only tolerate so much before swiping, but I can read her well enough not to have any scratches)
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 13:11:55 PM »
Oh Des that's great news  ;D ;D So great she will be staying with ya. She's gonna be soooo loved.  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 13:00:45 PM »
CC - start a new post, there are others who will be able to give you some really good advice but may not see this post. I will start thinking of some tips for you, I haven't had to use them for Tiger, but have used some in the past.
Please spay your cat

ccmacey

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 12:56:50 PM »
Hi Desley, can you give me a bit of advice? My mums got a stray cat and he dosnt seem to be coming round to anything, he's still very scared and just cowers in the corner in her spare room. We caught him on Nov 22nd and I know its still early days but have you any tips on what to do? She has been using sedative drops on his food so he isnt as frightened, and she has also been able to stroke his head while he is slightly sedated.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 12:43:12 PM »
Thanks Jane - you have just reminded me that she is still on our rehoming page!! I hope my decision is right too - and I really must stop adopting my fosters!! She has come out of her shell so much already, and I would hate to home her and ruin all that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 10:10:20 AM »
I'm really pleased Desley because I've read about Tiger now for a very long time since she was first up for adoption.  Another oldie you've helped and rescued and I think (hopefully) your decision is right.  I think she will probably really come out of her shell eventually with your help and it's so rewarding when this happens.  It's good that you've decided any more upset is not ideal  especially at her age and especially since she's made the progress she has, so the very best of luck and good on you. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:14:52 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »
Yep - not official yet as the paperwork hasn't been done, but she has been told. She hasn't used her X Mas present yet though.

There are pics of Katra on another thread Gill.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 01:53:30 AM »
Oh wow Tiger a resident  ;D

Thats great.

I missed Katra arriving, just cant keep up with things here.................pictures please

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:01:37 AM »
Awww that's great news Desley  :wow:

I'm sure Tiger is thrilled that you will be her new Mummy  :)

Congrats from me Mupps and Rascal xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 13:42:38 PM »
I hope she will be glad - I might have to watch what I foster, cos she hasn't tolerated Shadow too well (although in a good way for Shadow, she is having to learn what growling and batting mean), nor did she tolerate the cage, but I honestly dont think she would tolerate being moved to a new house all that well (same reason why I kept Molly), and very few people see her cos she likes to hide from people. Plus she is 13.5.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 13:39:18 PM »
What a lucky girl (that's both of you!).  So glad Tiger will be staying ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:54:24 AM »
Thanks Liz - I think she did too, she wouldn't agree with you when I am picking her up though (she pretends not to like it, but I do it anyway, and she is tolerating it for longer).

Katra is a new foster, so she wont be staying.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat