Author Topic: Transporting 2 cats to the vet - any tips  (Read 2248 times)

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
Re: Transporting 2 cats to the vet - any tips
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 22:24:14 PM »
I have a large basket for mary so i just pull the pasanger seat right back and tilt it till its wedged up against the basket to hold it. 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 16:01:10 PM »
Keep up the good work Mark  :Flowers: :lick:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 13:52:09 PM »
Thanks Mary. I only have to take one cat tomorrow  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 13:44:46 PM »
Glad your problem is over Mark - Until the next time !!!  :evillaugh: :naughty: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 12:34:53 PM »
Various reasons. I first stopped using them as I was at war over noise problems and almost took them to court before they put sound proofing in. Since then, I have heard of an RTA stray that was taken to them then went to another vet. The second vet found the cat had a broken pelvis and next door hadn't even noticed  :tired: - they also have odd policies like they won't neuter until 9 months so all-in-all I don't have a lot of confidence in them. My other local vet is good but too greedy.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

ccmacey

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »
Why dont you take them to the vet next door?

If I have to take the 2 boys I usually walking down the street with what looks like tv's under my arms lol.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 11:41:13 AM »
Well I got back relatively unscathed except for bleeding hands - my hands weren't bleeding as much as the vet's - he described willow as "a Tasmanian Devil" but a healthy one  :evillaugh:

Clapton as usual played dead and was no bother - he is hiding under the sofa in the dining room right now - I hope he comes out for a pee  :scared:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:51:06 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
My other dilemna is I have parked the car in front of the house instead of in the car park about 200 yards away to save the cats some stress. We have a single yellow line in front of the house where you can park between 6.30pm & 8.30am. We rarely see meter maids here but knowing my luck.......

I would have gone to get the car 10 minutes before I need it but by then, other people will have parked out there as there is a vet next door.

I hope I don't get a ticket  :scared: - I don't even know how much the fine is?

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 01:06:43 AM »
ummm... a stiff drink when you get back....  thats all the advice i have!

hope it goes well  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 23:34:10 PM »
Thanks people. I will try the footwell but the carriers are quite big so not sure if they will fit. Otherwise, I will try the seatbelt and ignore people driving up my backside when I drive slow  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 21:51:14 PM »
i have to transport 3 cats 25 miles round trip to vets at least once a year and one carrier goes on front seat, with seat belt and othrt two go on backseat with seatbelts.

none move and all 3 cats sing all the way there and most of way back and misa cries pityfully.

If its bendy you just drive slower!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 20:49:04 PM »
I agree about the footwell and you could put blankets/towels or whatever around it so it doesn't move too much.  I talk or put some music on but it doesn't always work - good luck chuck.

Mary

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 19:44:56 PM »
I often put a carrier in the footwell when I am taking large numbers to vets; it is safe and works well.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 19:36:33 PM »
How about putting them in the footwell, it will at least reduce the movement of the box, even if the cat is still finding it a bit windy. But if the box is also moving they have no chance ... Alternately, you could just drive a little slower in the bendy bit ...

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Transporting 2 cats to the vet - any tips
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 19:33:07 PM »
I did it once before but forget exactly what I did. Our new 24hr vet is 6 miles away so have to do 2 at a time. I usually put the carrier in the passenger seat at put the seatbelt on. I am planning to put the second carrier in the back with a seatbelt but just hope it holds - I have to drive through an area called "the bends" in Herne Bay and it really is twisty - Alice cries when we go through them, even though I go quite slow  :(

Link to CatChat