Author Topic: cat survives two months locked in a shed  (Read 4405 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: cat survives two months locked in a shed
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 00:14:14 AM »
Black cat your mums a retard! sorry but that borders on murder as far as im concerned!

You won't get any arguments from me on that one. I was not even told about it until I came home for holidays next and found she was gone.

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 00:09:35 AM »
Black cat your mums a retard! sorry but that borders on murder as far as im concerned!

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 00:06:08 AM »
Since found her owners circumstancies have changed?!?! my @rse! They need a kick up the @rse more like! Probably got a kitten you mean!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 17:06:29 PM »
Sorry, I tend to agree. Not necessarily that the cat was locked in on purpose but that they definately weren't very concerned about her when she reappeared.

Easy way out, maybe? Poor girl, I hope she gets someone worthy of her soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 16:47:13 PM »
You're right Alison, especially if the cat was licking the windows - surely it would have been seen?  :shify:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 14:01:37 PM »
I found this all a bit strange having got an allotment myself. If a cat was trapped in a shed I would be very surprised if it was not heard by others at the allotments or seen at the window >:(

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 09:23:32 AM »
I wonder if they deliberately locked it in the shed when they moved, thinking that the new owners would find it a bit more quickly than they did? 

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 23:17:44 PM »
They moved house while the cat was still missing?!  How was it meant to find its way home?! Call me a cynic, but really ........  :Crazy:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 20:38:41 PM »
eerm, that sounds like the reasoning my mother used when she PTS my cat (who I had left in her care while at university) because she had had to have her cat PTS and could not bear the thought of having to go through another cat getting old and dying on her ... >:( Totally self-absorbed. Hope they are never allowed another cat!! >:( >:(

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 20:36:33 PM »
Quote from: Daily Hail (not typo)
A spokesman for the Blue Cross animal charity said Emmy's former owners had reluctantly decided to give her up because they were so upset by the accidental distress they had caused.

"The family were just too upset to keep her," said the spokesman. "They have also just moved house and were not sure their new home would be suitable for Emmy."

If you believe that I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
/cynic

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 19:21:07 PM »
I don't like the sound of this.  If they loved the cat, they'd have searched frantically rather than "changing circumstances" and becoming unable to care for her in just 2 months.  This has made me feel really angry  >:(  Poor Emmy deserves a proper home.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 18:40:55 PM »
Yes we were discussing this on another forum the other day, it all seems highly suspicious to me...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=505831&in_page_id=1770

Cat disappears shortly after owner last went to shed...wouldn't that be the first place you'd look?  And look there again and again, and hear it scratching and meowing as you search frantically over the following days and weeks..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 18:42:31 PM by fluffybunny »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 14:44:10 PM »
I think that was the thing that made me sad, that it had been missing and had a horrible ordeal and then wasn't wanted, I know that some circumstances do change but I honestly can't think of one that would make me give up my cats I suppose I shouldn't judge them without the facts but I really did feel sorry for her - I do cat cuddling for the blue cross and know that change of circumstance on the publicity usually means something like a baby which makes me cross

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 13:22:38 PM »
Steve told me about this story the other day...he'd read about it in the newspaper.  His version was a bit different. He told me that the owner had found his missing cat in his own shed....I thought that was unlikely but I blasted the owner for not checking his own shed when his cat went missing....but now it would appear that Steve probably got the story wrong (typical ha ha).

All I can say is that if the owners cannot now look after their 10 year old cat, who it transpires has turned out to be something of a heroine, after a mere two months on the missing list, well they didn't deserve her in the first place.  Absolutely disgraceful!

I have a customer who was recently reunited with her cat after she had been on the missing list for two years and was so overjoyed she told her hubs that she never wants another present for the rest of her life because she has already had the best gift possible.  How different from poor Emmy  :(

I hope she finds a lovely, lovely home where she will be given the love she deserves.

If she has been in the National Newspapers, I would think that is pretty much on the cards.  :)

An amazing story nevertheless.

All fingers and paws crossed for Emmy.

Best wishes,

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 13:10:14 PM »
poor wee poppet - you would think that having lost her, the owners would have appreciated her even more, especially after all she had been through. She deserves a truly special forever home, where she can be given all the love and pampering she could wish for, and be treated like the very special girl she is.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 13:07:39 PM »
She needs a nice old lady's lap to sit on in front of the fire :Luv2:

I had a look on their site but she's not there. I hate looking at those sites as you feel so helpless.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 13:11:54 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
poor thing she is up for rehoming with the blue cross at the moment

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:55:43 PM »
So sad - she deserves pampering for the rest of her life  :'(

I remember this story from last year.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
cat survives two months locked in a shed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »
"A cat that was accidentally locked in a garden shed survived for two months - by licking condensation off the windows.

Emmy, a black and white cat, went missing and her owners had given her up for dead when they at last received a call from the RSPCA. Emmy must have wandered into the wooden shed on a nearby allotment and became trapped after getting inside.

The lickiest cat alive
Inside, the shed owner found Emmy - skeletal and almost dead - but remarkably still alive from her nightmare ordeal in Torquay, Devon. The shed owner then immediately called the RSPCA.

The RSPCA say the ten-year-old cat can only survived by licking the windows that were covered in lick marks. Luckily Emmy had been microchipped which meant her owners were able to be reunited with her. Since then, her owners circumstances have changed and are unable to look after her, so brought her cat to The Blue Cross to find a new home. She is currently living at the Blue Cross animal adoption centre in Torbay, Devon, where staff are now trying to find her a new home."

I can't help but feel really sad for her

Link to CatChat