Author Topic: FOUND: 2 CATS, COULD HAVE COME FROM ANYWHERE. PLEASE LOOK!  (Read 7355 times)

Offline indiecat

• Kitten
Re: FOUND: 2 CATS, COULD HAVE COME FROM ANYWHERE. PLEASE LOOK!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 19:01:49 PM »
Has Sue at mymoggy been informed?  I really hope whatever if both owners aren't found, they end up together bless them  :'(  Indiecat, isn't there any way they could be caught and if their owners aren't found, they could be rehomed together?

Hi Dawn
Sue at mymoggy has both cats advertised on her home page, and has written that both cats have travelled.   
I think they both have been trapped before they came to the centre (or attempts were made to trap them), as they will not go into traps under any circumstances, and in fact cannot be approached at all, as they will just run and hide.  The workers put their food down, leave, and then they come out to eat.   One of the recycling workers has fallen for the white cat and wants to give her a home if we can't find the owner.   But I'm sure if we could catch them, he would happily take both.  If not, any of the other men will take the tabby as they all adore both cats!   

We really are advertising the cats for the worried owners sake, not because we have any concerns for the cats themselves, they are two very loved and very spolied puss's, they even had roast duck for christmas dinner!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 18:45:27 PM »
Has Sue at mymoggy been informed?  I really hope whatever if both owners aren't found, they end up together bless them  :'(  Indiecat, isn't there any way they could be caught and if their owners aren't found, they could be rehomed together?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 18:46:07 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 19:30:22 PM »
that's a sweety, that one ... anyone lost a tabby? He is gorgeous!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 19:27:26 PM »
Here are the cats that have been found  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 19:34:36 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 19:19:27 PM »
Right bear with me I am gonna move the pics from other threads and post here  ;D

Offline indiecat

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 18:49:42 PM »
They have been there since around January-March 2007 (dates are very approximate). They are well looked after by workers on site, but can't be trapped. So we are hoping their owners will see this notice and be able to come down and catch them.

Hi Indie, I noticed in the CatChat link it says the cats have been there since Jan - March 2006 wheras it says 2007 on this post.  Do you know which of the dates is correct?

Hi Helen

The correct dates are January-March 2007 (but even these are approximate).  I will be changing the Catchat one in a few minutes.

Gill, I sent you a pm but not sure if you received it as this site and my anti virus program are really clashing.  So just to repeat, I'd appreciate any help you could give.  Please do delete two of the messages for me, thanx  8) 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 18:14:18 PM »
They have been there since around January-March 2007 (dates are very approximate). They are well looked after by workers on site, but can't be trapped. So we are hoping their owners will see this notice and be able to come down and catch them.

Hi Indie, I noticed in the CatChat link it says the cats have been there since Jan - March 2006 wheras it says 2007 on this post.  Do you know which of the dates is correct?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 18:06:00 PM »
Thanks Helen and have deleted my post  ;D

Have just pmed Indi to see if I can combine her 3 threads  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 18:02:54 PM »
That's the wrong link Gill, here's the lost and found section...

http://www.catchat.org/indielost/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

Offline indiecat

• Kitten
FOUND: 2 CATS, COULD HAVE COME FROM ANYWHERE. PLEASE LOOK!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 17:45:50 PM »
I volunteer for a cat rescue in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, we have been told of two lost cats living in a recycling centre here. Lorries from all over the country drop off waste there, and the on-site workers say the cats arrived in differant lorries, about two weeks apart.

The first cat is white with black patches at the base of both ears, and black on the tail.

The second cat is a brown tabby who was wearing a collar with a disc that has since come off.   He/she is larger now than when they first arrived, thanks to lots of treats from staff.  This cat appears to be deaf. There are photos of both cats on our lost and found page at Catchat. To view them, go to catchat -> site map -> lost and found section -> lost and found page for Independant Cat Rescue in Dewsbury, West

Link to CatChat