Author Topic: Milbemax  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Milbemax
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 15:57:41 PM »
 :thanks: again xx
Caroline xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 08:17:07 AM »
I prefer to use Milbemax, but Drontal is a lot cheaper. My vets dont actually stock Drontal though (and the rescues vet dont stock Milbemax!!), I pay over £4 a tablet, I should ask for a prescription when I am there next week.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 19:07:52 PM »
Thanks - I was sure there was something that was POM  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 16:54:20 PM »
Mark i think your thinking about Droncit tabs  ;D
You can get Drontal and Droncit spot on with out a prescription

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 13:58:45 PM »
I have just ordered the Drontal tabs already now,but thanks guys,  £1.54 for adult and £1.87 just hope Corky is not to bad to get them down him.
Caroline xx

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 13:44:28 PM »
You do need a prescription for Milbemax as it's not licensed to be sold without one (yet, no doubt that will change at some point). I stick to using drontal.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 13:42:45 PM »
Looks like I was wrong about Drontal but I'm sure you need a prescription for Milbemax?

The good thing is Milbemax is a small pill and easy to hide in food but Drontal are big tabs and very bitter - I think they cause foaming at the mouth if it gets on the cat's tongue?

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 13:39:04 PM »
You can get Milbemax Adult for £2.94 and Milbemax Kitten/Small Cat for £1.18 here www.petmeds.co.uk

Drontal can be bought without prescription but it's not that much cheaper than Milbemax and Milbemax is a lot smaller so easier to get them to swallow.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 13:32:07 PM »
They are fine but Drontal is POM as well. For some reason tapeworm tabs are all POM - something to do with one of the ingredients could be used to make a class A drug  :Crazy: (as I remember)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 13:00:05 PM »
Are the Drontal tabs ok from vet uk to use after using Milbemax? Corky usually has spotons ones because he really goes mad with tabs,but I might have to try him with the tabs if I can't get any online.
Caroline xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
 :thanks: Mark I do think it would be awkward asking our vets,I do need to order them today really as they are all due to be done.
Caroline xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
Hi You can get them from Best Pet Pharmacy (free postage)  but you need to send them a prescription signed by your vet as they are prescription only (POM)
Your vet can't refuse to give you a prescription but it could be a bit awkward.

Annoying to see how much mark-up the vets make, bearing in mind Best Pet obviously are making a profit too.

http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/search_results.asp?search_type=free_any&search=Milbemax&gclid=CNWKm7fX5pACFQ5OQgod6GuMXg
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:54:28 PM by Mark »

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Milbemax
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 12:45:50 PM »
Just rang the vets to order some Milbemax for our cats,the prizes are so expensive £24 for 4 Milbemax and one drontal spot on,anybody no where you can get them from cheaper,have just looked on vetuk but they don't stock it,or does anyone know of another one which is just as good. :thanks:
Caroline xx

Link to CatChat