Author Topic: Sorry another ad on that site...read on  (Read 1251 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Sorry another ad on that site...read on
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 20:54:03 PM »
well we will keep our fingers crossed that, whatever the reason, the kitty is in good hands... ;D

MBll

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 20:31:15 PM »
lol bc... or maybe others that read the post emailed & told the person what they thought of them & thats why the post is now gone,  it was  only put on tonight & i dont think a new home could have come that quick.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 20:25:58 PM »
maybe she spotted some mouse-droppings in the cupboards  :rofl:

MBll

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 20:22:16 PM »
Well i checked the site again & that post has now gone? 

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 15:34:05 PM »
I'd suggest she get rid of hubby and keep the cat!
Seriously, this is awful. Cats are not rat traps, they are sentient beings who get cold and feel pain and sorrow. I think that pointing out that the rodents will return is a good idea. Rodents seem to go off an area if a cat is around, but soon come back is pusscat goes. "If the cat's away....."

Also, point out that cats do a better job of mousing if they love their owners. Then puss wants to bring lots of nice pressies of dead mice etc. They don't do this if mistreated.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 15:13:17 PM »
I dunno Ratie, I think I might be tempted to point out to them that, having taken on the animal they now have a responsibility to care for it. It has done the work that they wanted of it, so it is entitled to a little superannuation - in the form of a decent home. Also, if they get rid of it the mice will come back and they will need another cat - so they might as well keep the one they've got and look after it properly ... As you say, some people just shouldn't be allowed to have animals ...

MBll

Sorry another ad on that site...read on
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 15:06:41 PM »
Not that long ago there was a  repeated post on that site someone was wanting a cat ...any cat....the reason for getting a cat was they had  mice?     Anyway they got one & now they have posted back on the site to ...get rid of as they dont have anymore mice?    WTF?

The post says when the husband is home they cat is not allowed in .  So any suggestions here as they are another lot that shouldnt have animals.

Link to CatChat