Author Topic: red eye?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
Re: red eye?
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 00:44:52 AM »
linda that crossed my mind..

but it only ever seems to be in one eye at a time and clears up very quickly :shify: i assumed with conjunctivitis it would spread rather quickly to both eyes and usually takes a while to clear up usually with anti-biotics?

i can't rule it out though.

Ive had some experience of conjuctivitas and have found that cats can have both mild and severe bouts when it reoccurs. Its worth asking the question Sarah x

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 22:49:53 PM »
:evillaugh: shadow has been living with cats too long then? :evillaugh:

I swear he was a cat in a past life who sinned so badly he was returned to life as a dog  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 22:47:41 PM »
linda that crossed my mind..

but it only ever seems to be in one eye at a time and clears up very quickly :shify: i assumed with conjunctivitis it would spread rather quickly to both eyes and usually takes a while to clear up usually with anti-biotics?

i can't rule it out though.

I have the same difficult with Shadow. He veeery gently paws at it with his front foot. then washes the dew claw with his tongue then goes back again - you would swear he had taken washing lessons from the cats - it is humourous, while at the same time worrying, poor boy.  :heeee heeee: :heeee heeee:

:evillaugh: shadow has been living with cats too long then? :evillaugh:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 22:38:25 PM »
Could it be conjuctivitis if its reoccurring?

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 22:38:04 PM »
I have the same difficult with Shadow. He veeery gently paws at it with his front foot. then washes the dew claw with his tongue then goes back again - you would swear he had taken washing lessons from the cats - it is humourous, while at the same time worrying, poor boy.  :heeee heeee: :heeee heeee:

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 22:30:22 PM »
yeah defo jo, i'll keep an eye ;) on it :evillaugh:

it seems a bit better already, i just hate it when it happens because he has to blink more frequently and i don't know whether to laugh or cry because it looks like he's winking at me :rofl:

my poor baby :-[

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 22:25:01 PM »
Shadow gets this because his eyeball is not quite the same shape as his eye socket so dust accumulates in the pocket this creates, and needs to be regularly bathed out. If I leave it a couple of days, he gets a bit of inflamation and gunge in the corner of his eye, so I try to remember it daily... Granted Shadow is a dog but it could be a similar prob?

• Super Cat
red eye?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 22:23:07 PM »
charlie's eye has gone red again, as if he's scratched it or got something in it :(

this happened in august and vet recommended cleaning it with a saline solution which cleared it up after a couple of days..

was just wondering if anyones experienced this before and if it may be something more because it seems to be reoccuring? i hate when the cats are unwell :-[ makes me so sad :'(

Link to CatChat