Author Topic: Ruby's Op!  (Read 2841 times)

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
Re: Ruby's Op!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 19:12:27 PM »
Hi, yep kitties still with mum, found homes for 3, one more to find!!! x
Gail x x x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 19:09:17 PM »
I hope she has only found homes and the kittens are still with mum?
Please spay your cat

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 18:15:48 PM »
P.S yep she is getting her done now thankfully, she was booked in as she got caught, sounds familiar!! there are 4 kittens, 6 weeks oldat the moment, thankfully all homed now apart from one, does it have our name on I wonder? Mind you hubby is saying no, at the moment >:(
I think with all thats gone on, I wont let temptation get to me, as Alfie is pretty hard work on his own!!
such a little attention seeker, but very loving, Ruby is more I will come to you when I choose kind of gal lol
hopefully a home will be found soon for kitten number four, and her Mum, Claud will have her op booked very soon and no more worries about finding homes for kittens!!

xxxxxxxxx
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 18:10:12 PM »
((((Thank You))))))

Ruby had a little potter in the garden today, as the sun was out, she didnt go far and wasn't out long,I sat and watched her, she kept looking back just to check the door was open and I was there, I was so nervous!! But seeing her chasing leaves, and smelling around was lovely, Alfie isn't really the outdoor type, likes his warmth and comfort, but he had a little sniff round and came back in, Ruby closely followed, so what ever happened out there certainly has scared her!

Will keep you posted, so far both doing well, and going in for chipping in a couple of weeks, I wasn't going to bother, as when I was looking at all the websites for missing cats its surprising how many are missing are still chipped, but it would put my mind at rest, if ever anything like that happened again ( god forbid!)

Really pleased her op went well, they really looked after her, still lots of fur to grow back, as they seemed to take off so much, I think cos she is very long haired and lost weight it looks worse, but its growing back slowly!

speak soon, Lots a Love, Gail, Ruby & Alfie x x x x

Gail x x x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 20:05:53 PM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
So glad to hear her op went well   ;D

As to getting another its hard when they are that small to judge character, dont be fooled by the sweet look  :evillaugh: how old are they?
Please encourage your friend to get her mummy cat done as soon as she can, and to remind her its possible for her to get pregnant again when the kittens are a few weeks old  :(
Cats can be industrious at times!
If she has trouble finding homes for the kittens a local rescue may be able to help, they often have demand for kittens all year round. Better than advertising in the local shop   ;D

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 17:54:19 PM »
MMMmmm yep, its only a slight thought at the mo, I guess it was just seeing them today, Alfie is a pretty spoilt little chap so he may not welcome another guest into the house lol Ruby loves all other cats and kitties, its a shame as no one seems to want to home them, will give it some thought, and as always keep you posted x
Gail x x x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 17:51:50 PM »
There is no general rule on this, its more to do with the natures of your current cats and also their age. Kittens can be very hard work and annoying to non-kittens due to their energy level and playfulness.

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 17:49:40 PM »
Was also going to ask and forgot, My friends cat's had kittens, and we are tempted, but not sure, having a boy and a girl, would it best to have 2 girls one boy or two boys one girl?
or maybe be best to stick to our two!! lol x
Gail x x x

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 17:47:51 PM »
Aww thanks, yes sure will keep in touch, love this place, just reading about poor phoebe :'( Really praying she is found, (fingers crossed) & Know how it feels....(thinking of you!)

speak soon x x x

Gail x x x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 17:40:40 PM »
I am so pleased that Ruby has recovered well and that she and Alfie are once again best friends  ;D

She certainly sounds safer being inside and am sure she will let you know if she ever wants to go out again.

Stay in touch with Purrs cos we love to know what happens in the future  ;D

Offline gail123

• Adult Cat
  • COME HOME ALFIE X
Ruby's Op!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 17:34:57 PM »
Hi All!
Sorry havent replied sooner, been hectic over the hols!
Well just to update, Ruby had her op, and was very groggy for the first couple of days, she had internal stitching, so I decided to take off the head collar as this was causing her more distress than the op itself i found! She couldnt walk with it, it kept making her lose balance, so after we took this off, she was fine, she settled well, and slept alot, on the 3rd day she woke and started to play, eat lots more, and really seemed herself, fourth day she was just back to normal, and was a really clean and tidy cut so she didnt bother with it, really pleased.
Amazingly Alfie just seemed 'to know' not to touch or go near, after a week they were playing lovely, and all is how it should be  :Luv2:

Ruby hasnt gone near the door to go out at all,Maybe something scared her so much, she doesnt want to go out, guess we will never know, but she happy to use the litter, and although she always liked a potter outside, she just now likes to play indoors, which Im glad about for now, as never been so sad when she went missing!
Maybe once the weather books up, she may get her confidence back and go for a play outside

Thanks again for everyone here, will never forget your kindness, when I was feeling so desperate when Ruby was missing, it gave me hope and that hope I believe somehow helped her make her way back!

To anyone out there who little furry best pal is missing, my hope faded, but its true miracles can happen, when I look at both Ruby and Alfie sat warm in front of the fire , washing away, always makes me smile
Hope you all have a great new year, and will keep you posted with both my little ones from time to time!!
Lots of Love
Gail, Ruby and Alfie x x x x :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Gail x x x

Link to CatChat