Author Topic: Favourite cat foods  (Read 5542 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Favourite cat foods
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 19:22:56 PM »
True, especially not when they are in an outdoor hutch.
Please spay your cat

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 19:21:21 PM »
Probably easier to ignore a hungry rabbit, cats and dogs will just whinge at you if they're hungry whereas a bunny can't really protest too much!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 19:13:37 PM »
:-) - very odd neighbours, they listened to the vet when the rabbits were overweight, but ignored the vet when she said the dog and cat were!! So prob no wonder they ignored me when I said not to feed Ginger cos he was on a diet.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 19:08:14 PM »
That's daft of them - you should've picked them up instead of Ginger and knocked some common sense into them.  :Crazy:
Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 19:05:46 PM »
MAry, I actually saw my neighbours every day, as I had to go and pick Ginger up at least once a day, sometimes twice, they just never took any notice of me, not even when we had been to the vets and the vet said he was overweight.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 19:00:13 PM »
Desley, a friend of mine actually had 'please do not feed my cat, send him home' engraved on a disk on his collar.  It helped a little bit.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 18:55:23 PM »
OK Mary, just one of my pet hates due to battling with it for so long.
SR, I feed mine high quality wet and dry, yet it never stopped Ginger going into neighbours houses and eating their cats Whiskas/Co-op own brand - not even when I put 2 bells on his collar, plus a metal name tag (neighbours apparently couldnt hear him go in!!) and asked them repeatedly not to - he had lived on the streets though, what is Barry's background.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 17:09:11 PM »
Anything on my plate.

Ha Ha - does that include the pattern on the plate.  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 17:01:40 PM »
Lola has a special raw meat technique ....

Excellent - I like her style!!

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 16:59:43 PM »
Anything on my plate.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 16:38:35 PM »
Lola has a special raw meat technique that worked a treat last night on my sister. She rams her head into your armpit so whilst you try to squidge her head out the paw sticks through the small gap at the bottom of the triangle area and bam shes got herself a juicy treat  :evillaugh:
She picked the biggest cube too  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 16:30:48 PM »
Siamese, as you know, are long, lean cats. Whenever I used to cut up liver (sorry for the weak-stomached but I like it with bacon), a tiny, black, monkey paw would emerge along the side of the cutting board and start a careful periscope action across the surface until it made contact, then rapidly disappear, along with a chunk of liver. There would then be a general free-for-ll between the owner of said paw, and the other household residents ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 16:13:24 PM »
Natures menu and applaws are loved by my lot but roast chicken is number one  :drool; :drool; :drool;

My cats would die at that biscuit not only is it multi coloured it would last one of them for a week   :shocked:
Im an evil mummy who has virtually banned dry food   :evillaugh:

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 15:46:30 PM »
That could feed a horse! lol

If thats leftovers, my cat is anorexic! :wow: :evillaugh

It looks more in the photo! lol

This thread is ace!

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 15:14:15 PM »
He also said,

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."

:hug: all round

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 15:07:14 PM »
Very true Leigh.  Please can we all forget this and start again - there is certainly a lot to be said for speaking face to face to people and then nothing can be taken the wrong way.
Mary  :hug: :Luv2:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 15:16:41 PM by maryas »

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 14:56:44 PM »
Confucius he say,

" Hear much, leave to one side that which is doubtful, and speak with due caution concerning the remainder.  See much, leave to one side that of which the meaning is not clear, and act carefully with regard to the rest".

I think that's pretty clear then  ;D ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 14:43:51 PM »
Gwen - nothing to be sorrry about as I said previously honest.  :hug:
Desley I am so sorry you've had those probs in the past and I was glad you pointed that out to me in your earlier message - where I did say that my neighbours new about it.  I do care about animals of all kinds and am sensible.   :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 14:38:10 PM »
i dont mean to be offensive, I just have issues with people feeding neighbours cats - and I suspect if you had gone through 4 years of weight battles due to your neighbour feeding your cat while they were on a diet, plus seen them turn other peoples cats from a nice weight to being overweight and refusing to stop, you would have issues. Also, if your neighbours didn't know, you could cause health issues, so it isn't something I would recommend people do from that point of view
Please spay your cat

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 14:36:23 PM »
Hey I didn't mean to be offensive,sorry :hug: :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 14:34:58 PM »
Desley, Gwen - this is getting a bit silly now - I am not being offensive and I don'y think you 2 are either.  We all have different opinions and different ways of feeding our cats - in the photo I put out what Bonnie left PLUS what was left inthe tin.

I've had cats for 46 years and I thought I was just making a small comment NOT causing world war 3.

Mary  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 14:10:51 PM »
That would be days worth of biscuits in this house. And if you have that much leftover wet food, I would be putting less out for Bonnie.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 14:10:07 PM »
Sorry wasn't meant to be offensive :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 14:02:09 PM »
C'mon it's only a few biscuits for 2 cats - it looks more on the photo than it actually was.  I'm not stupid enough to think I'm feeding an elephant.  :)

Mary

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 13:58:04 PM »
That big pile is for one meal?  Good grief :Crazy: :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 13:54:23 PM »
That's ok my neighbours know and they're not too fat.  It's only about twice a week. Thanks anyway. :)

Mary

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 13:50:09 PM »
Mary, I would be wary about giving your neighbours cats leftovers, they might stop eating what your neighbour feeds them, or they could end up putting too much weight on.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 13:48:17 PM »
Gourmet pouch - chicken and wilkinsons tuna pouch seem to be Bonnies dish of the week but like you Mark I'll be changing the menu next week and I'll end up putting the unwanted food out for neighbours cats that always know they can come to me for extras!!  One of my neighbour's cats got a large tin of red salmon the other week as Bonnie didn't like it!  :rofl:

Attached picture of 2 of my neighbours cats having left overs!

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 13:36:45 PM »
unfortunately I made the mistake and giving my lot too much choice so we have:

Star - chicken science plan only
Oscar - felix, almo nature and gourmet pearl
Tilly - almo nature, tesco finest chicken and gourmet pearl
Amber - gourmet pearl pate, almo nature and sometimes felix and natues menu

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 13:33:29 PM »
Max will luckily eat most things, but the bowl is always licked clean in minutes if he has Applaws Chicken and Cheese ;D  I only have to start opening the tin and he's weaving around my ankles shouting at me to hurry up and get it in his tummy  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 13:26:16 PM »
We have no favourite here. He's a little foodie who will eat anything and everything. He is a fish fan but he eats whatevers dished up. He has a mixture of felix, whiskas and hi-life with JWB.

No matter where he is as soon as he here's the clinking of his fork he's straight in the kitchen.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 13:21:54 PM »
Don't think we have a favourite cat food here,they'll eat anything I put infront of them :evillaugh:

Recently got temptations and they absolutely bonkers for them so they must be good :)

Mine will eat anything wet food wise,fussier with their dry I find,they love the jwb duck or turkey but the fish one wasn't a hit attall :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Favourite cat foods
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
Out of all the dozens of brands and flavours I have bought, there are 2 that always get eaten without any waste and all the cats like them

Tesco chicken & turkey in gravy 400 gram cans
Whiskas Duck & chicken in gravy 400 gram cans

I don't know why I still buy a selection as those ones are never wasted  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat