Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Miss Bertie

• Kitten
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 20:46:44 PM »
Thank you so much for doing that, Gill.

Here's the lovely little man again, fast asleep on the chair. He was such a special boy.

Miss Bertie

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 20:29:09 PM »
 :welcome: Sorry to hear about Bertie too! 

R I P Bertie  :hug:
Caroline xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 17:10:21 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 16:50:03 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Your cats are gorgeous and I hope you dont mind but have added Bertie to our Roll of Honour

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=9322.msg150269#msg150269

Offline Miss Bertie

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 20:15:40 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Thanks for the Rescue Remedy suggestion, Sam, and I have tried it. It didn't seem to have much effect unfortunately. Polly, one of the newcomers, is getting more and more confident and keep trying to approach Tuppy. He's hissing and growling at her and althrough she will eventually beck off a little, she's really taking very little notice of him at all. If she doesn't back off, he simply runs away. I've been reading the threads on nervous cats and introducing new cats and I think it's going to take a lot of time and perseverance. We've tried a Feliway spray, but I'm thinking of getting a couple of diffusers (we live in a town house, so at the moment Tuppy's staying downstairs in the kitchen diner and Polly and Mabel are upstairs).

Thanks also for the sympathy for the loss of our darling Bertie. Caledonia, I was reading the thread you posted about the loss of your Bertie and saw the poems. They made me cry, but they are beautiful. I know how much your loss hurts at the moment, but it is slowly getting less painful to think of my Bertie. I do still cry a lot, but sometimes I can think of him and smile. I lost another darling, Freddie, in 2001 aged 13, and I can now think of him and smile, so I know I'll get there eventually. I'm sure he and Bertie are together up there now, and hopefully Freddie will be taking care of Bertie. A big hug for you.

Thanks again everyone!

Miss Bertie.

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 19:37:01 PM »
Hello and a big :welcome:  from me, Sweep and Jonty

Your babes are soo lovely. Sorry for your loss of Bertie.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 19:38:06 PM by gibraltarcat »

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 19:19:04 PM »
Hi Miss Bertie - I didn't realise Bertie was such a popular name - my wee man was also a Bertie!

Sorry to hear of Bertie's passing - maybe he is hanging out with mine up at the bridge.

Welcome to the site - it is a great place and you are amongst fellow cat lovers. Your fur babies are just gorgeous!

Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 14:45:04 PM »
Hi Miss Bertie :) and Welcome to Purr's

what a Fabulous Furry Family You Have :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

So sorry about Bertie though  :(

:RIP: Bertie

Look forward to seeing some more pics  :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:37:43 AM »
Hi Miss Bertie - welcome to Purrs to you and your gorgeous cats.   What an absolute beauty, was your Bertie, and the others are all gorgeous too.  Hope you have lots of fun around here - the site's great and everyone's dead friendly.  You'll be able to get really good advice and support if you need it, and lots of laughs too.

Sue, Tess (hairy dog) and Paddy (Ginger Imposter) xxx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 22:40:40 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Sorry to hear about Bertie (RIP little man) but great that you opened your heart and home to two rescues and even better that they have settled in so well.  I'm Sure Tuppy will come round in time - have your tried putting a few drops of Bach's rescue remedy into their drinking water to help calm them all down?  Your furbabes are all gorgeous.

I hope you have a good time on the forum and look forward to seeing lots more pics of the gang.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 22:33:13 PM »
WElcome to Purrs, you have gorgeous cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline Miss Bertie

• Kitten
Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 22:07:59 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've just joined today. I'm the proud slave to 3 cats, Tuppy (6 years), Polly (7 months) and Mabel (8 months).

Briefly, we did have 2 brothers, Bertie and Tuppy, but in August Bertie developed hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Even though he had excellent treatment and we tried so hard to keep him with us, he died in September, our only consolation being that he died at home and we were both with him. I have to say I was devastated: Bertie was a beautiful, affectionate cat. He was my shadow and I miss him dreadfully.

In December we got Polly and Mabel. They're rescue cats who had been difficult to place because they're very, very nervous. However, after 4 weeks, Mabel actually sat on my lap last night! Polly has progressed more quickly, and they've both settled in far better and faster than the charity expected. Unfortunately, Tuppy, who was also a nervous cat, is absolutely petrified of the new arrivals and does his best to avoid them. We're working on it...

I'm going to try to attach some photos, but I've already messed this up once, so apologies if the same message appears twice! Bertie Boy was a black and white, Tuppy is black, Polly is a fluffy ginger girl and Mabel is a short haired ginger girl. I'm looking forward to lots of cat chat!

Miss Bertie.

Link to CatChat