Author Topic: Ungrateful brats  (Read 2191 times)

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Ungrateful brats
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 15:24:16 PM »
Yep, my sis had the sofa (which I dont think she got to herself, Rolo slept with her for part of the night) and me, Molly and Zia had a double bed!! I dont sleep well most nights, so didn't want her being disturbed too.
R - I did a clear out of my lots unused toys last month, it was fantastic to go to the rescue and watch cats get so much enjoyment out of things mine no longer bother with. Zi has been playing this morning with a ribbon that came off one of my X Mas presents, Rolo's fav toys after Da Bird is part of a top of a Bozita carton, and an old Webbox wrapper!! Am so glad I foster, at least between them and the rescue, some of the things I buy get used - Molly is still on her 50p toy her Auntie Sarah bought her last year, she doesn't like anything else, not even keen on the replacement!!
Fortunately, the girls are a lot keener on their New YEars tea than their Christmas tea.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 17:25:06 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 00:34:21 AM »
Oh Rosella , next years auction is in 11 and half months.......sorry this years auction  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 00:16:18 AM »
Gill, I am not throwing anyones favourite thing out, I really do need a new bed, but the cats like it!!
Not fallen out with the cats, but am still going to spend my money on more needy cats next year. Although am not in Molly's good books cos my sis came into the room - luckily for her, my sis has been told she will have to sleep on hte sofa, Molly isn't getting disturbed.

What???  Those spoiled brats. Sisters.... hmmmph. Sofas too gud for em ;)

Before you go spending money on needy cats, call round here to collect box of unused cat prezzies. I think we now boast about 12 wiggly wagglers; most virtually unused as Da Bird showed up.  Much else besides.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 20:52:16 PM »
I think thats how it should be  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 19:34:55 PM »
So your sis has a sofa and Molly has a bed?  Gee that would go down really well in this household(not) :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 19:25:37 PM »
Gill, I am not throwing anyones favourite thing out, I really do need a new bed, but the cats like it!!
Not fallen out with the cats, but am still going to spend my money on more needy cats next year. Although am not in Molly's good books cos my sis came into the room - luckily for her, my sis has been told she will have to sleep on hte sofa, Molly isn't getting disturbed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 19:27:50 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 18:41:40 PM »
Desley, my dear........ you don't have to pretend to be Scrooge, Christmas is over  :P :P :rofl: :rofl:

Think of the New Year and kiss and make up with them.

Mary  :rofl: :evillaugh: :naughty: :Luv2:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 18:19:43 PM »
Oh dont be so hard on them................cats are cats and love things that we dont know why  ;D

So why are you throwing out someones favourite place then? If I was them you would be severely punished  :rofl: :rofl:

As for food well they will eat what they like best not what you might like best  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I am sure a cat will love the tree once you stop trying to entice them onto it and they will especially like the scratching part at the bottom. Cats like to search things out for themselves and do things in their time...............remember you are the slave  and cats will not be controlled :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 18:13:32 PM »
No, I am not going to buy them anything for Christmas next year, they get enough things throughout the year, and didnt even appreciate the nice food - and really, they have the best present of all, me here for 2 weeks, so next year it will go to rescue's. The new covered litter tray got used though, but only after I took the door off it!! WEll, that is why I am in need of a new bed but reluctant to get one!!
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 18:10:26 PM »
But they're cats, just adorable cats, they don't have to appreciate anything, we just carry on loving them and letting them walk all over us!!!    :evillaugh: :naughty:

You must buy them something next year AND rescues too!! What' gonna happen to Zi when your/her old bed goes? :'(

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 18:09:34 PM »
We are going to build one as soon as we get a chance, but this has been my concern at the back of my mind.  He already has a history of rejecting things that are commonly enjoyed by normal cats (nice fluffy pillows, shoeboxes etc.), so I am crossing my fingers our tree will be accepted and approved by his highness when it is finally done!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 17:39:43 PM »
Zi likes my bed base and the spare mattress (that is going ot the tip this week), Rolo prefers my sofa. They didnt appreciate their food either, so next year, they are getting nothing, I shall give it to rescues instead.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 17:37:03 PM »
Typical cats!  Although mine do use all their cat trees so I don't have that problem.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 17:34:55 PM »
HAve tried enticing Rolo while playing, and put treats on it, and it hasn't worked. He enjoyed it for 10 mins yesterday while there was fresh catnip on it. I dont think Molly has been in the front room this week, although she has left the bedroom a few times.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 16:33:39 PM »
I know exactly how you feel - my mum made a fantastic one, much better than a shop one, quite a few years ago for Smudge, my missing cat and he would never use it. I tried putting food on it and all sorts - no luck, so I finally gave it to the RSPCA charity shop.

Now I have Bonnie, she was used to using one in the RSPCA for 8 mths while they were making her better and I had to buy her one (or a new carpet!).  She loves it now, but wouldn't use it at first but I had some long ribbon that was tied around a blanket I bought her and she likes to play with that, so I wrapped it loosly around the post and she's well got the idea now. I took a photo but not put it on my pc yet.   Good luck.

Mary

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 16:22:17 PM »
wait until ext time they are playing vertical chaseys, they will find it very handy indeed. I would be inclined to leave a trail of WHiskas treats around it ... Mine come and go with their trees, it is the tent that gets maximum use, and then often just for sleeping in (or in Smidgen's case, demolition practice).

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Ungrateful brats
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 16:17:57 PM »
Look at this lovely tree I bought them, and spent ages (and had to pull it apart and start again 3 times!!) putting together for them, and how you see it in the pic is how it looks most of the time, Rolo has used it to scratch twice, still prefers the sofa, and has rubbed against it once when I put catnip on it. dont think the girls have noticed it yet!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat