Author Topic: xpost - [freecyclepetmods] Fire at the NEWARC Animal Shelter, Ellon, Aberdeenshi  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
How terrible   :(

RIP poor animals

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Xposted from freecycle pet moderator forum - anyone local that can help?

"The NEWARC animal shelter (www.thenewarc. org) in Ellon, Aberdeenshire Scotland has suffered a horrendous fire. They lost about 30 animals, half the house is a smoking ruin with Pauline and Keith surviving in caravans and campers just now. If anyone out there in NE Scotland can help out either with pet FA kits, a tea urn boiler, animal meds, good haylage or for those further afield even monetary donations no matter how small, please email brian.spink1@ virgin.net or me and I will point them in the right direction.
They are legit - a registered Scottish Charity and active Freecycle members. Many of the local community are helping out but it is winter and we have just gone through -18C at my house so many water supplies are still frozen off in other areas as well. We are currently figuring out a way to get a "conveyor belt chain gang" going to get things up to them from various points in Scotland so the more links we have in the transport chain the better.
Bloody awful time of year for this to happen!! But Merry Xmas and Happy New Year anyway! "

Link to CatChat