Author Topic: Cat vomit/wet & dry vaccuums  (Read 1159 times)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Re: Cat vomit/wet & dry vaccuums
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 22:43:54 PM »
Well I haven't got you any pics but big thumbs up it's got all the staining completely out with ease, the only telltale sign is that some of the pile on the carpet has moved a bit, so I'm sure that will settle down with a bit of walking around!  I'm really pleased, although it wasn't cheap, it's cheaper than a new carpet  :Crazy:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 14:34:14 PM »
Well I've succumbed and bought one, I'll do a before and after then we can judge whether it was worth the money  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 19:14:01 PM »
My mums room has similar sounding carpet to yours and Milly went through a stage of puking from the corner of the bed and this one patch just wouldnt clean up with simple solution.
I tried bio powder and an old tooth brush and the stain went but we now have a whiter area in the middle of the floor  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 13:28:02 PM »
I have a Karcher one and it works pretty well at getting up sick as it pumps solution into the pile then suck it up. I also get antibacterial shampoo from ebay for it. Not sure if the wet/dry ones work the same way but if they do it's a good way to deal with stuff like that. Clapton had bad diorreah (sp) on my cream carpet once  :sick: and it worked on that - any other method would have taken ages to clean up
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Cat vomit/wet & dry vaccuums
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
Our lovely house which we moved into in July is lovingly carpeted mainly in cream and I think it's wool too  :Crazy:  This of course means that when the little darlings occasionally leave me little vomit presents it makes a heck of a mess and I'm really struggling to get them out - have tried all the usual type stain removers but the problem seems to be that the main carpet (hall stairs landing dining room lounge and office) is sort of a knitted effect with no open pile (I don't know how to describe it!) so you can't rub it easily to get the stain up. 

I'm considering trying one of those wet-dry vaccuum cleaners - has anyone got one and do they work?  In particular comet has a sale on the vax rapide pet, at £120. 

Any advice/suggestions/recommendations welcome!

Link to CatChat