Author Topic: What does your cat think of the decorations  (Read 5780 times)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Re: What does your cat think of the decorations
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 15:53:12 PM »
My 4 have hardly bothered with the tree at all, I was amazed. A friend told me she always sprays her tree with vinegar and water before putting it up - someone told her to do that to keep the cats off it and it worked for her. Seems to have worked with mine too. The presents, however, had to be put under the stairs until tomorrow morning lol

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 13:30:13 PM »
6ft tree went up 2 weeks ago and no interest shown by my 2 - tho' Jessie likes to hide in the bottom and do guerrilla raids on Cosmo when he walks past as she knows he won't go under it and she's safe...the big wuss  ;D

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 10:55:11 AM »
Christmas has been cancelled - the tree went to the great tree heaven in the sky yesterday (the loft), they were literally gorging themselves on the branches trying to eat the fibre optic strands so couldn't risk them hurting themselves  :(

Ohhh such a pity Helen, but at least you got some fab pics !! ;D :wow: :Luv:
I have a suggestion for the next time, you should build a tree with those fancy curly leaved lettuces and endives with cherry tomatoes dangling in place of baubles, I am sure Riley will appreciate that!! :rofl:

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 16:45:04 PM »
Helen - amazing pics! I particularly like the first one - getting ready for a x-mas tree snack!  :rofl:

And Steve - what a stunning picture!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 23:53:27 PM »
Go for it Mr George :evillaugh:

Offline Steve_R

• Kitten
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 23:10:14 PM »
I caught Mr George with an evil glint in his eye over by the tree today....... :naughty:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 17:53:56 PM »
We had our first tree knock over today.

Harley was attempting to get to the window which is behind the small tree we've got and she slipped, fell into the tree and knocked it to the floor.

:Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 11:39:24 AM »
I hav'nt bothered this year cos....I remember last year!!!

Just got the ceiling decs up  :tired:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »
Helen, the Boys are going to miss the tree :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »
Christmas has been cancelled - the tree went to the great tree heaven in the sky yesterday (the loft), they were literally gorging themselves on the branches trying to eat the fibre optic strands so couldn't risk them hurting themselves  :(

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 14:32:13 PM »
Great pics! Good to seethere's another Riley as tree-fixated an my boy  :evillaugh: He's been up it, in it, chewed it, batted it, stalked it - the lot!

Sounds fun :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 14:24:51 PM »
Great pics! Good to seethere's another Riley as tree-fixated an my boy  :evillaugh: He's been up it, in it, chewed it, batted it, stalked it - the lot! Thankfully its still up, and seems able to take anything (which is just as well)....Slye is only interested in the baubles - they both attack and knock off all the ones on the bottom two tiers of the tree, so every morning I get to do the bauble-assault course en route to trhe bathroom :rofl:
I've put them all back on, but instead of hanging them at the end of the middle "prong" on each branch, I've hung them on the junction where the last three prongs diverge - they now can't knock them off, but it doesn't stop them trying! Skye is quite happy with this, but Riley is now sat at the bottom of the tree, looking up at it, and howling like a half-strangled caroller! :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 13:02:23 PM »
I really can't believe that our terrible three who make a game out of a square of paper haven't bothered with the tree much this year! (Fingers crossed, touching wood and saluting at magpies!)

The worst we had was Doc patting at some of the decorations and Cheese hiding between presents to ambush him  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 13:00:03 PM »
mine are ok with the tree, they were a bit interested at first and loved the box that they were in (obviously!) but they have settled down now, Tilly ripped open three presents the first night but she is ok with them now as well

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 12:56:57 PM »
I haven't put up any decorations, and only family Christmas cards as I *know* our two youngest would just eat the fibre optic tree we have. We do have a singing polar bear ( who sings let it snow ) with a santa hat on, who our human baby loves. Its mouth moves very accurately as it sings.

Human daughter can see the Christmas trees at Grandparents houses, and our cats wil be safe when we are off visiting.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 22:46:51 PM »
Riley looks so sweet :naughty: It looks like you could do with a few more baulbles Helen :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 20:23:39 PM »
On a different topic how do you keep that bed so clean? Lexy's is a nightmare to keep clean (hair everywhere!!)

By the way, Riley is truly a "butter would not melt" type. He's so cute. I am sure he wouldn't mind a big sister like Lexy... go on.. send the boys to Aunty Roof.... Paddy can swear by me!   :sneaky:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 20:21:45 PM »
I feel like a bad mum not putting up a tree for Lexy, I know she would love the baubles. Maybe next year, this year not. Those pictures of Lucas and Riley tell me its a good decision on my part  :rofl:

I seriously think it's going to have to come down before Christmas day - they won't leave it alone, I'm not worried about the tree but it can't be good for them to eat fibre optic strands  :-:

Riley says it's my own fault for putting the tree so close to his bed...

Breakfast in bed:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 19:58:23 PM »
I feel like a bad mum not putting up a tree for Lexy, I know she would love the baubles. Maybe next year, this year not. Those pictures of Lucas and Riley tell me its a good decision on my part  :rofl:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 19:38:47 PM »
The second to last one looks as if he's singing carols under the tree.   :hug: :Luv2:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 17:42:05 PM »
Oh Helen what lovely pics of the boys, they certianly like your tree :evillaugh:
Oh Max :rofl:
I can understand some of you giving the decorations a miss :shify:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 17:39:57 PM »
Fab pics Helen! Glad the boys are enjoying their new toy!

My cats are also loving the tree, they are often sat underneath it pawing at the bells, or chewing the branches. It has only fallen over twice, but I'm happy that they are enjoying it!

Unlike the dogs - Reba threw up just as I finished decorating it!!

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 16:54:42 PM »
I see there is no such thing as "too much fuss and frivolity" for Lucas and Riley :evillaugh:, and I know it wouldn't be for Oliver either.  We ended up having to bypass all the Christmas festivity this year, Cristiano is in the middle of his office moving which needs to be completed by Christmas, he can't be bothered with anything else these days and as he brought over several furnitures into our multi-purpose room where the tree was supposed to be put out, and the room is a total chaos, thus so much for the tree and decoration.... :(  Surely I am gutted but practical mind says it was a wise thing as Oliver still at a kitten stage it would have been a futile attempt... :shocked:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 16:35:38 PM »
Max pulled the tree over last night grrrr, it had all been good up till then  :evillaugh: :innocent:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 16:34:52 PM »
ha ha they are fab pics !!!!!!!  :Luv:

Your camera is amazing  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 16:33:25 PM »
Naughty Archie, I bet your sister had the fright of her life :evillaugh:  The top half of my tree is fine but the bottom half now has no decorations left on it and has a huge 'hole' in the overall shape of it where they have burrowed inside the tree.  They munch on the branches as though they they were catnip covered too  :innocent:  Riley has an entire branch clamped in his mouth in the last pic  :evillaugh:

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 16:29:51 PM »
 :rofl: Class!

Bilbo isn't interested in them at all - too much fuss and frivolity for him to be bothered with.

Baggins loves 'em though. When we put the tree up, he sat in front of it looking at the lights and reflections, cocking his head from side to side and talking in his little squeakybeep language  :)
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 16:29:39 PM »
I have given them a miss this year.. I know what i would come home to! I have even had to take down the cards as he just jumps around & makes a beeline for them... I got fed up of picking them up !!!!  :evillaugh:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
What does your cat think of the decorations
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 16:21:57 PM »
Wondering how your furry friends are getting on with the decorations.
My last cat used to sit in the tree :evillaugh: Last year it was Archie's first Christmas and my sister was sleeping in the living room. She awoke in the early hours one morning to find the tree on top of her c/o Archie. :evillaugh:
This year he will not leave the decorations alone. He has already pulled a piece of tinsell from the dresser and broken a cut glass vase, spilling the contents everywhere :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat