Author Topic: broken hearted cat owner  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: broken hearted cat owner
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 11:50:13 AM »
You have certainly come to the right place, i as have many others experienced the lose of two kits, my first was Zookie in an RTA and Snarf who went missing and then was found unfortunatley no longer alive :(

It still breaks my heart when i think about it :(

Time is a great healer do you have any pictures that you would share with us ?
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 00:53:54 AM »
Hi Paula, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, my Dave died four years ago from cancer and I still get choked up when I think about him now, reading how you are feeling now reminds me of all the feelings I had at the time. I felt so guilty because my partners brother died around the same time and inside I was feeling worse about my cat than I was about his brother, how awful is that, but Dave was my baby and your kitty was your baby so I do understand how you are feeling.
As other people have said it does ease with time and chatting with like minded people on this site is a great tonic.
 :hug:

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 15:12:38 PM »
Just spotted this thread. I haven't (touch wood) lost any cats of my own as such but my sis lost two this year (one hit by a train and his Dad Sooty through FIV secondary infections) that were jointly 'owned' when we shared a house some years back, so they were almost mine. I coped OK but it completely ruined my sister's summer and she's still not right, she can't talk about them without crying - and she's someone who doesn't normally show her feelings particularly. As other people have said, the pain never quite goes away but it does ease with time, and this is a great place to spend time if you love cats.  :welcome: and  :hug: :hug:
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline ohmissp

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 12:23:12 PM »
hi everyone, i just want to say a big thank you, i couldnt help but cry when i read all your kind words.  i have just come back from the vets with my other cat and have had her microchipped and she has a new shiny pink collar, I just seem to be wandering around in stages of hysterical crying not eating or sleeping,  i know im driving my husband and family crazy, but they cant help at the moment i need to go through this to try to understand what has happened and i know it will get better it just takes time. but i miss her and i love her so much i feel my heart has broken.  its reasurring to have good people like you all who truly understand what im going through and im so glad i found this website.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
paula xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »
So sorry for your loss somehow its never easy and you are in the right place some of us have lsot loved ones,some in the past and some this year.

We have 4 bridge Kids, Toerag - 2 April 2000, Haggis 18 Sept 2002, Moose 18 Jan 2005 all domestics Toerag, Haggis to RTA's in the same place and Moose died in my arms on the way to the vet in the same place - like to think his brothers met him and and this years loss Hissy Holly of Fetternear on 28 August 2006 she was only ours for 8 months and was a hissy wild feral girl with medical issues but she loved the other cats and moved house as well in her time with us - 150 miles not bad for a feral hating humans.

All are now on the shelf in our bedroom( all were cremated) and our first big garden project is our garden of remembrance for the kids.

They are only ever borrowed never owned but always a pawprint in our hearts :(
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Konch

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 08:48:01 AM »
Hi Ohmissp, sorry to hear of your recent loss.  :(
I too lost my girl just under a month ago and pretty much had puffy eyes everytime i thought or spoke of her.  Even now i look at her collar and miss her so much, but i have now taken in 2 homeless cats and they make me smile.  I'll never replace Onyx but she'll be happy to know her seat is being kept warm by other pussybums now.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 08:05:11 AM »
Welcome to Purrs, sorry it is under such sad circumstances. As the others have all said, we do know how you feel, and are all here for each other. Like Cat, I find giving another needy cat a good way to help me, it gives you soemthing to focus on.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 22:38:43 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.

So many of us  have been where you are now and it really does help a bit to talk. We would love to know about your pet and we are all good listeners.

Check out the Bridge like the others say, its a very moving place.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 20:26:58 PM »
HI Paula

Glad ya found us. We all know how awful it is to loose our adored furbabe. No words can describe how painfull it is. The 1st for me is total shock and not believing. Then the awful pain. It's something i never ever want to go through but the love i can give and the love i receive from my cats is sooo wonderful. Hun, we know exaclty how you are feeling and are here for you to listen to ya whatever you wan to say.
It does get easier in time and you do start to remember the great and happy times more. I still have my Ochi's collar under my pillow cause i feel something of him is there where we had our cuddles at bed time.

Have ya heard of the rainbow bridge? It where all our babes go after this life. Up there there is no pain only love and fun. Up there there is all their fave food, they are never hungry, never alone. They are truely happy till we see them again.

Your babe will always be with you in your heart, you can talk to them whenever you want and they will hear you and you will see them.
Talk to us as much as you want. We are here.
xxxxxxxx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 20:23:54 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, sorry your are going through such heartbreak at present and I think you have already taken a huge step in learning to cope by joining us.
Perhaps if you have a look at the Rainbow Bridge section you may find that you would like to tell us about your little one, it is natural to feel lost it is all part of the grieving proceedure.There are lots of us that know just how you feel and together we will all support each other.

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 20:08:44 PM »
Hi Paula, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I've kept pets, mostly cats, nearly all of my life & I know how heart breaking it is when we lose one. My advice would be to talk to others on this forum who have nearly all been in the same position. Whenever I have lost a cat I have gone & got another one from a cat rescue. If at some point in the near future you think about adopting another cat you could check out the rehoming pages on http://www.catchat.org/

Just let me add a warm welcome to the forum. There is a lot of love here and a lot of good people. :welcome:

Cat xxxxx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 20:06:38 PM »
Hi Paula and  :welcome: to Purrs.

You've come to the right place .... too many of us have gone through the heartbreak of loosing a dearly loved furbabe (have a look at the Rainbow bridge section if you feel able to).

We are all here to offer support and to provide a metaphorical shoulder to cry on.

Not sure if you are able to yet but if you are can you tell us a bit our your furbabe .... sometimes just writing down all the wonderful things can help in a small way. 

I sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment but as with any bearvement it does take time for the heartache to subside (it never really goes away it just gets easier to live with).

With best regards

Sam
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline ohmissp

• Kitten
broken hearted cat owner
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 19:54:19 PM »
Hi im new to your site but I just needed to talk to people who understand how heartbreaking it is to loose a pet.  I could really do with ideas how to cope as i feel lost at the moment and i dont know what to do next
paula

Link to CatChat