Author Topic: Merry Xmas Everyone!!!  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Merry Xmas Everyone!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 11:35:35 AM »
Aww, it is so wonderful that you are doing something to make such a difference Jayne, and I am so glad that these kids have had a better Christmas.
Please spay your cat

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 14:09:33 PM »
Well, got me sherry bottle by me side (hic)......merry xmas to you Tan!!!!  My kids are totally hyper,it really is lovely. I had to give george a mini bath (bless em ) as the little so and so forgot to clean his back-side and left a trail round the house (yuk!).Typical isn,t it? I ,ve got visitors today,thankfully their all cat lovers!!What a laugh we all had about it...........take me as you find me I suppose. x x x Jayne

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 13:27:58 PM »
 :xmas:  :santa:  :xmas cat:

Have a great one Ajay  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 13:29:49 PM by Tan »

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 13:25:43 PM »
They are not so little anymore, 14 and nearly 10, but yes they are very excited ;D

I'm looking forward to having a rest over Christmas. My husband always cooks Christmas dinner and I clear away.

Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.  :xmas 7:

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 09:02:28 AM »
OMG.......That,s unbelievable! I dread to think what must of gone on in her home,to behave like that is a sign that her mum must of starved her,poor little mite. The thing is,the others didn,t like her because of her behaviour ,so it,s a vicious circle. I bet you were thrilled when she went to a foster family.........Have  a great xmas sarah....are your little ones excited?....much love from Jayne x x :hug:

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 23:30:47 PM »
Hi Jayne,
Yes it would be lovely to get something organized for next year.
Well done for taking this little girl 'under your wing'.I have said to my two children, many times, "you don't realize how fortunate you are"! We are certainly not well off but our children have never gone without. When I hear stories about children who are very poor or neglected,it makes me so upset. There was a child in my daughter's class who was eventually put into foster care. She came to school every morning, starving and would steal the other children's snacks. She was dirty and her mother talked to her like she was scum. It was so sad, as at the beginning, a lot of the kids in her class didn't like her as she stole food from them, but once they understood why she did it, they became friends with her. When she left to go to a different school, she was inundated with cards and gifts. She still keeps in contact, and is doing well.

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 14:28:04 PM »
P.s. I live not far from Warrington.

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 14:22:31 PM »
Aw Sarah....bless you ,you,ve moved me to tears !!!!!!!!!! Actually this year that,s exactly what happened. The other school that I help in is my son,s school and this year every parent donated a present to a child/children the same age as their own.This then mean,t that after the xmas party at the 'poor' school each child was handed a present by father xmas. Not only that the head teacher compiled a list of the poorest but nicest of families and a few of us 'adopted a family and made a hamper of gifts and food for that particular family. They don,t know who we are though.The little girl who I told you about.....well I read with her every week and we,ve built up a bond......hopefully with help through the school and permission from her dad I would like to mentor her.She doesn,t know from who....but I bought her some new shoes and a coat...it was amazing the head said her face was a picture !!!! But the person who started this all off is an angel called Norman. He,s been doing this for years....last year he paid for the whole school to go to see a pantomime......I could go on forever. But next year maybe we could pick a cat charity and instead of sending cards we could give a donation.?.........That would be a good idea ,or maybe we could split it and send the money to some of the cat chatters smaller charities?.....anyway, bless you for your message....big hugs from Jayne  x x x x  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :thanks: '

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 18:47:58 PM »
Oh Ajay that is so sad. Poor littlle mite. Whereabouts in the country do you help? You don't need to mention the exact place, but I just wondered what area it was.
Do you think that next year we could organize a shoe box appeal, like the ones that are done and sent to other countries?It would be lovely to think that these kids were getting something nice for Christmas. I would be more than happy to get something arranged.

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 18:20:24 PM »
To you too ajay!!

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 12:00:57 PM »
Merry xmas to everyone and well said Ajay xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 21:26:11 PM »
Merry xmas and well said ajay
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 20:43:14 PM »
I can only echo what Christine has said Jayne.  A merry christmas to you and your wonderful family x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 19:29:46 PM »
Jayne, I'm in tears (again!) and I feel humbled at being mentioned in the same breath as Teresa. If I have helped you this year in some small way, that is the best Christmas present I could possibly wish for.

Knowing the person you are, I'm sure you'll enrich those youngsters' lives. Your compassion will make a difference - perhaps more than you can imagine...

A truly joyous Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year to you and those you love,

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
Merry Xmas Everyone!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 18:50:52 PM »
 :hug: A huge big xmas hug to all you absolutely lovely and amazing people out there. Sorry I haven,t been on for ages as I,ve been potty training all my cheeky little brood here!!!I tell you they,ve certainly kept me busy.....aswell as having my 2 little boys ....and xmas etc. Spare a thought this xmas for those less fortunate as ourselves...I know you all do anyway ....i don,t want to sound condescending but I,ve started doing more voluntary work and have now started helping in a really poor school where believe it or not some of those poor little children have never recieved a present in their lives!(hard to believe but true). I,ve got really close to this gorgeus little angel aged 7 whose mother just abandoned her a few years ago. Her shoes were falling off her feet and she didn,t have a coat.She lives with her dad who practically neglects her. It really is heartbreaking.You hear about these people but when you see and hear it first hand it,s so sad. Sorry to lecture and I,m praying too for all those abandoned and abused animals out there too. God Bless you all and my HEARTFELT thanks for the amazing support you,ve given me this year. ....especially the wonderful Christine and Teresa x x x x x xMERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!! :hug: :thanks:

Link to CatChat